iPAQ WiFi Sync?

January 23, 2005 12:05:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I know that some people have successfully synchronized over WiFi as an
alternative to ActiveSync. Could someone who is knowledgeable on this
subject please provide some detailed instructions?

My 2410 locks-up in the cradle and HP hasn't got the slightest idea
why. It's the only bug I'm experiencing and I really don't want to
give this thing up.

Thanks,

A_C

iPAQ 2410
W2k
Linksys wireless G router
ActiveSync 3.8

More about : ipaq wifi sync

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
January 23, 2005 12:05:32 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

This page may help...Make sure your Connection Manager is configured correctly also...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/ActiveSync...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Agent_C" <Agent-C-hates-spam@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
>I know that some people have successfully synchronized over WiFi as an
> alternative to ActiveSync. Could someone who is knowledgeable on this
> subject please provide some detailed instructions?
>
> My 2410 locks-up in the cradle and HP hasn't got the slightest idea
> why. It's the only bug I'm experiencing and I really don't want to
> give this thing up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> A_C
>

> iPAQ 2410
> W2k
> Linksys wireless G router
> ActiveSync 3.8

January 23, 2005 12:50:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:15:54 -0600, "Sooner Al"
<SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote:

>This page may help...Make sure your Connection Manager is configured correctly also...
>
>http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/ActiveSync...

Thanks.

I followed these instructions to the letter and ActiveSync failed with
an error. "Unable to connect. Verify your dialup or proxy settings are
correct".

I think the culprit may be Norton Anti virus 2005. Even though I
disabled Auto Protect, I found the following in my connection log:

--
1) "Details: An instance of "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE" is preparing to access the Internet."

2) "Details: No logged in account. The present default action is to
"block" communications. Local address: All local network
adapters(5679).
Process name is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE."
--

Problem is, I have no idea how to troubleshoot an issue like this.

Advice greatly appreciated.

A_C
a b F Wireless
January 23, 2005 12:50:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I don't use Norton but these pages from Chris De Herrera's site may be of some help...

http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/symatec-firewall.htm
http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/activesync/norton-persona...

If not, hopefully someone that uses Norton cam chime in...

Good luck...

--

> On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 08:15:54 -0600, "Sooner Al"
> <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote:
>
>>This page may help...Make sure your Connection Manager is configured correctly also...
>>
>>http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/ActiveSync...
>
> Thanks.
>
> I followed these instructions to the letter and ActiveSync failed with
> an error. "Unable to connect. Verify your dialup or proxy settings are
> correct".
>
> I think the culprit may be Norton Anti virus 2005. Even though I
> disabled Auto Protect, I found the following in my connection log:
>
> --
> 1) "Details: An instance of "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE" is preparing to access the Internet."
>
> 2) "Details: No logged in account. The present default action is to
> "block" communications. Local address: All local network
> adapters(5679).
> Process name is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\WCESCOMM.EXE."
> --
>
> Problem is, I have no idea how to troubleshoot an issue like this.
>
> Advice greatly appreciated.
>
> A_C

January 23, 2005 1:18:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless (More info?)

I haven't read the responses carefully, but my WiFi (802.11b) synch works
well on my iPaq 5550.

It is critically important that you sync to a "work" setting. ("my work
networks" in Windows Mobile). "my ISP" (the other choice) will not work.

- Skip
January 23, 2005 1:18:54 PM

"Skip" <no@spam.please> wrote in message
>I haven't read the responses carefully, but my WiFi (802.11b) synch works
>well on my iPaq 5550.
>
> It is critically important that you sync to a "work" setting. ("my work
> networks" in Windows Mobile). "my ISP" (the other choice) will not work.
>
> - Skip

Later re-reading noted that
> I know that some people have successfully synchronized over WiFi as an
alternative to ActiveSync. Could someone who is knowledgeable on this
subject please provide some detailed instructions?

This is not my situation. I use ActiveSync. My comments are about using
ActiveSync via WiFi. If your are using another sync mechanism, then my
information is not helpful.

- Skip (again)
!