drag and drop does not work between windows explorer windows

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

how can i repair drag and drop so that i can drag and drop files between
windows explorer folders ?

*TIA*
5 answers Last reply
More about drag drop work windows explorer windows
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    I'd probably do a Repair Install - all that does is copy new XP
    files to hour hd; no damage t6o any data.

    "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
    | how can i repair drag and drop so that i can drag and drop
    files between
    | windows explorer folders ?
    |

    | *TIA*
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    Please see:

    Some DHTML drag-and-drop operations are blocked after you apply the MS04-038
    security updates for Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887614
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

    *ProteanThread* wrote:
    > how can i repair drag and drop so that i can drag and drop files between
    > windows explorer folders ?
    >

    > *TIA*
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    PA Bear wrote:
    > Please see:
    >
    > Some DHTML drag-and-drop operations are blocked after you apply the
    > MS04-038 security updates for Internet Explorer
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887614

    oh, great, and this update came out after SP2, didn't ? Was it
    installed as a result of automatic updates ?
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    *ProteanThread* wrote:
    > PA Bear wrote:
    > > Please see:
    > >
    > > Some DHTML drag-and-drop operations are blocked after you apply the
    > > MS04-038 security updates for Internet Explorer
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887614
    >

    > oh, great, and this update came out after SP2, didn't ? Was it
    > installed as a result of automatic updates ?

    Please include all of the previous message in your replies.

    MS04-038 was released on 12 Oct-04.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-038.mspx

    WinXP SP2 (RTM) was released in early Aug-04.
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

Windows Explorer Support Microsoft Windows XP