drag and drop does not work between windows explorer windows

November 17, 2004 11:55:57 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

how can i repair drag and drop so that i can drag and drop files between
windows explorer folders ?

*TIA*
November 17, 2004 5:16:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I'd probably do a Repair Install - all that does is copy new XP
files to hour hd; no damage t6o any data.

"*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
| how can i repair drag and drop so that i can drag and drop
files between
| windows explorer folders ?
|

| *TIA*
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 5:38:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Please see:

Some DHTML drag-and-drop operations are blocked after you apply the MS04-038
security updates for Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887614
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

*ProteanThread* wrote:
> how can i repair drag and drop so that i can drag and drop files between
> windows explorer folders ?
>

> *TIA*
November 17, 2004 5:38:19 PM

PA Bear wrote:
> Please see:
>
> Some DHTML drag-and-drop operations are blocked after you apply the
> MS04-038 security updates for Internet Explorer
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887614

oh, great, and this update came out after SP2, didn't ? Was it
installed as a result of automatic updates ?
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 8:31:23 PM

*ProteanThread* wrote:
> PA Bear wrote:
> > Please see:
> >
> > Some DHTML drag-and-drop operations are blocked after you apply the
> > MS04-038 security updates for Internet Explorer
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/887614
>

> oh, great, and this update came out after SP2, didn't ? Was it
> installed as a result of automatic updates ?

Please include all of the previous message in your replies.

MS04-038 was released on 12 Oct-04.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04...

WinXP SP2 (RTM) was released in early Aug-04.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE)

Press and release the Escape key.