Sign in with
Your question

plz help..my pc switches off(like a crash) without motive :|

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Crash
Last response: in CPUs
September 26, 2006 12:22:10 AM

i dont know what causes this, but i think it could be the voltages. on the regullar voltages 3.3, 5 and 12, i have the following values: 3, 4.9 and 13 volts. could this be the problem ? However my cpu temp never raises above 50 degrees, so that is out of question. I dont think it might be the HDD, RAM or graphic card either, this would result in freezing the system, not pwr it off (by the way, i've disabled the overclock on cpu&gpu)

More about : plz switches crash motive

September 26, 2006 12:45:00 AM

i guess i have a match of one point: it switches off when i play 3d games like counter-strike.
it is simply powers off, not like a shutdown but like someone unplugged my power cable, and then i cant power it on untill i have unplugged the cable and plugge it again. And becouse of this, a power failure is out of question, as i have the "power on" feature activated after an unexpected power loss.
September 26, 2006 12:50:09 AM

ANS model L-C B350 at 350 watts...
Related resources
September 26, 2006 1:00:04 AM

hm...i not think this should be the problem...now i have only one hdd (maxtor 80 GB) , one cd-rw, and one floppy. my cpu and gpu are both running at default speed. As i had 2 HDD's before, the cpu and gpu overclocked, i've never encountered this problem...so ...i'm a little confused, the 350 watts is more than my piece of crap can suck, in my pov.
September 26, 2006 1:13:50 AM

so, it might happened to damage my cpu due to oc ?
it has been running at 2.36 GHz (2.08 default) with 400 fsb instead of 333 for an year i think. the voltage is 1.75 (1.65 default).
i rather suspect my psu or my mobo, as both are some nice pieces of junk.
by the way, i cant lower "a little" the voltage, it has only 2 values possible (1.65 or 1.75), and at 1.65 my cpu is not stable however, since i bought it. (the 1.75 voltage solved the problem at that time)
September 26, 2006 1:47:08 AM

I had a problem similar to this, basically, at random my computer would just freeze, I didn't have to be playing a game for this to happen though. The only way to start my box again would be to flash the power, the reset button didn't do anything. Also, when I tried to hibernate my box it would save everything and as soon as it shut down, it would immediatly start up again. What ended up being the problem for me was my video card. I have an AIW x800xt and it's got the additional power plug on it. If I left that unplugged, my system ran rock solid again except when playing demanding games, which then my display would occasionally corrupt which I'm guessing was due to the card not getting enough power. But the problem was the power electronics on the graphics card itself, don't know if this is your problem, but hopefully it's a help.
September 26, 2006 1:59:46 AM

Quote:
What ended up being the problem for me was my video card. I have an AIW x800xt and it's got the additional power plug on it. If I left that unplugged, my system ran rock solid again except when playing demanding games, which then my display would occasionally corrupt which I'm guessing was due to the card not getting enough power. But the problem was the power electronics on the graphics card itself, don't know if this is your problem, but hopefully it's a help.

i truly doubt my fx5200 @ 64 bit could cause such kind of problem :wink:
however, 10x4 bothering to try to help me.
September 26, 2006 2:07:34 AM

This has happened to me before. I once put my room heater too close to my PC and it just shut down. The only way to start it again was to switch off power from the wall socket and turn it on again. This kept happening for 5-10 mins before i realised my stupid mistake. Once I turned my heater off and waited for five minutes it was fine.

Basically ur PSU is overheating. PSUs are ment to shutdown when they overheat. Get a new PSU, may be with higher power.
September 26, 2006 2:13:28 AM

i think i'm going to disasemble my PSU and clean it out of dust :) 
September 26, 2006 2:47:51 AM

WOAH! new ps time boy. most powersupplies will operate within 5% of the stated voltages. your 12v is way high and your 3v is too low. yes 350 is heaps for that config but if you have a cheap generic thing then your likely to run into trouble. remember that about 25-40% of the stated power rating is lost to heat.
September 27, 2006 6:11:31 PM

huh...10x for helping guys...i found the problem...you wont believe it, it wasnt my PSU nor my cpu either...it was the mouse. lol, yes. a short-circuit within its cable was causing the trouble, i've fixed it and all is now back to normal. so, the rabbit jumps from where u expect it less...
by the way, i appologize if my english sux, i'm from romania :) 
September 27, 2006 9:57:20 PM

Quote:
huh...10x for helping guys...i found the problem...you wont believe it, it wasnt my PSU nor my cpu either...it was the mouse. lol, yes. a short-circuit within its cable was causing the trouble, i've fixed it and all is now back to normal. so, the rabbit jumps from where u expect it less...
by the way, i appologize if my english sux, i'm from romania :) 

Those damn rodents get you every time....
!