Bob

From: http://hidev.com/knowledge/category.asp?a=4&q=53

1) To resolve this problem, reinstall SP1 for Windows XP.

Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Then:

2)Delete the NextID value

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Cards\NextID

3) Restart the computer.

4) Open Regedit again and delete the Telephony key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony.

Additionally, see www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, Line 87, Left column, Dial-up Modem or PPPoE is Unavailable. See the instructions at the top of the page for using REG files.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Bob" wrote:

> Trying to set up a new dial up connection. When I get to the menu item to
> select dial up or lan, the dial up is grayed out. I checked in the
> "Services" program and the Network Connections is started and on Automatic.
> Is there another service that is blocking the process?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Internet Explorer and Outlook Express issues are addressed here: