More about dial connection problem

    From: http://hidev.com/knowledge/category.asp?a=4&q=53

    1) To resolve this problem, reinstall SP1 for Windows XP.

    Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Then:

    2)Delete the NextID value

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Cards\NextID

    3) Restart the computer.

    4) Open Regedit again and delete the Telephony key
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Telephony.

    Additionally, see www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, Line 87, Left column, Dial-up Modem or PPPoE is Unavailable. See the instructions at the top of the page for using REG files.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Bob" wrote:

    > Trying to set up a new dial up connection. When I get to the menu item to
    > select dial up or lan, the dial up is grayed out. I checked in the
    > "Services" program and the Network Connections is started and on Automatic.
    > Is there another service that is blocking the process?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bob

    Internet Explorer and Outlook Express issues are addressed here:

LAN Dial Up Connection Microsoft Windows XP