/ Sign-up
Your question

Heatsink foam shim

  • Heatsinks
  • Chipsets
  • Motherboards
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
September 26, 2006 2:52:56 AM

This will be easier for anyone who has used an Abit motherboard but, on the NB chipset, there is, usually, some thermal interface material that is surrounded by a larger square shaped foam or cloth pad (with the center hollowed out for the thermal interface stuff) that acts as some kind of heatsink shim (so that the heatsink won't tilt I imagine).

I know that Innovatek sells it way over in Europe but like that helps me. So, I just wanted to know if anyone knows where i could locate some for sale?

More about : heatsink foam shim

September 26, 2006 4:44:12 AM

Ahh, that's a good idea.

Thanks for the heads up