802.11g vs USB Wire

Tim

For those of you using an 802.11g wireless print server with a USB printer,
does it print noticeably slower than when using a conventional USB cable?
TIA

BOTH ARE FASTER THAN THE PRINTER CAN PRINT SO IT REALLY DOES NOT MAKE
MUCH DIFFERENCE.

"Tim" <ixnay@ontheamspay.com> wrote in message
> For those of you using an 802.11g wireless print server with a USB
printer,
> does it print noticeably slower than when using a conventional USB cable?
> TIA

Before you buy check that the printer server you have in mide supports your
printer AND how well it supports your printer. A common problem is no
support for status information (eg ink level or paper out detection) or
anything requiring a return channel .

Tim

> "Tim" <ixnay@ontheamspay.com> wrote in message
>> For those of you using an 802.11g wireless print server with a USB
> printer,
>> does it print noticeably slower than when using a conventional USB cable?
>> TIA
>
> Before you buy check that the printer server you have in mide supports
> your
> printer AND how well it supports your printer. A common problem is no
> support for status information (eg ink level or paper out detection) or
> anything requiring a return channel .

Thanks for your reply, you make a very good point. I already enquired with
Canon about it and they said that they will not provide tech support for
WiFi connections to their Pixma printers, although they said it might work
anyway. Hopefully someone will chime in with a success story.

I'm hoping to use a LinkSys 802.11g print server with one of the Pixma D
series (such as the IP6600D). I checked with LinkSys but they never got back
to me. Thanks again.

> I'm hoping to use a LinkSys 802.11g print server with one of the Pixma D
> series (such as the IP6600D). I checked with LinkSys but they never got
back
> to me. Thanks again.

It would be worth posting a request to see if anyone else has tried that
server with your printer.

Google found this rather negative review...
http://reviews.cnet.com/Linksys_WPS54GU2_Wireless_G_print_server/4505-7886_7-30631353-2.html?tag=top