Poor sound level on a HP h5550

a b α HP
January 23, 2005 9:54:44 PM

I have recently upgraded from a Compaq iPAQ 3760 to a HP iPAQ h5550 (mainly
to get Bluetooth). I now find that the sound volume from the 5550 (on
maximum setting) is nowhere near the level of the 3760 (max level on the
5550 is about equal to level 2 on the 3760). Is this a known problem on the
5550 or have I got a bad unit?

More about : poor sound level h5550

January 23, 2005 10:11:12 PM

"John Whitehouse" <johnwhitehouse@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I have recently upgraded from a Compaq iPAQ 3760 to a HP iPAQ h5550 (mainly
>to get Bluetooth). I now find that the sound volume from the 5550 (on
>maximum setting) is nowhere near the level of the 3760 (max level on the 5550
>is about equal to level 2 on the 3760). Is this a known problem on the 5550
>or have I got a bad unit?

Not sure about how it compares to a previous model iPAQ but I always thought
mine was exceptionally quiet. Then I heard another 5550 and it's the same so
I guess it is just very quiet. My hx4700 is only slightly louder.

Bowman
January 24, 2005 12:00:18 AM

You have to accustom yourself :!!!it's a known problem of 5555

"John Whitehouse" <johnwhitehouse@btinternet.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I have recently upgraded from a Compaq iPAQ 3760 to a HP iPAQ h5550 (mainly
>to get Bluetooth). I now find that the sound volume from the 5550 (on
>maximum setting) is nowhere near the level of the 3760 (max level on the
>5550 is about equal to level 2 on the 3760). Is this a known problem on
>the 5550 or have I got a bad unit?

a b α HP
January 24, 2005 10:28:01 AM

It's not a bad unit, the 5550's use a smaller speaker than the 3760. When I
switched to my 5450 and 5550 fom the 3970 I had the same issues. I really
miss the loud speaker on the older units.

rights...

"John Whitehouse" <johnwhitehouse@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I have recently upgraded from a Compaq iPAQ 3760 to a HP iPAQ h5550 (mainly
>to get Bluetooth). I now find that the sound volume from the 5550 (on
>maximum setting) is nowhere near the level of the 3760 (max level on the
>5550 is about equal to level 2 on the 3760). Is this a known problem on
>the 5550 or have I got a bad unit?

Anonymous
a b α HP
January 26, 2005 5:24:05 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. Just as a matter of interest, is there a
current HP iPAQ that does have a similar sound output to the 3760 (or at
least better than the 5550)? I want to use the iPAQ with a Navman GPS4420 (I
suppose any Bluetooth PDA would be OK, but I would obviously prefer not to
have to buy a new car PDA mount - so a unit with a 5550 compatible port
would be the best option).
Anonymous
a b α HP
January 28, 2005 6:56:29 AM

Sony as well as some other companies make some very small portable powered
speakers that will run from the headphone jack. Some of the speakers are
large enough to house AA batteries to power the built in amplifier. I have
also seen a stereo speaker that is made for Pocket PCs that plugs into the
CF slot and runs on it's own batteries. Another possibility would be to get
one of those cassette tape adapters that inserts in your auto radio system
and plugs into the H5550 headphone jack.

news:o uvurK7AFHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

!