transfering files to virtual machine

Hi,

How can I transfer files from my host computer to my virtual machine?

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about transfering files virtual machine

    While you are in a Virtual Machine, try pressing the
    right ALT key plus i on the keyboard. That will install
    the Virtual Machine additions that make it easier to drag
    and drop.

    Drag and Drop. Or right click on the folders icon on the Virtual PC's status bar and share a "local" drive with the VPC environment.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Virtual PC Beginner" <Virtual PC Beginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:61C1BCE5-DA30-42BE-AC55-5F101E7BEDF9@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I transfer files from my host computer to my virtual machine?
    >
    > Thanks!

    What is the guest operating system? If it is Windows you can use drag and
    drop if you have installed the virtual machine additions (from the Action
    Menu). If it is Linux you need to set up a network connection (use Samba).
    For further questions, use the microsoft.public.virtualpc newsgroup.

    "Virtual PC Beginner" <Virtual PC Beginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    in message news:61C1BCE5-DA30-42BE-AC55-5F101E7BEDF9@microsoft.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > How can I transfer files from my host computer to my virtual machine?
    >
    > Thanks!

Virtual Machine Computers Microsoft Windows XP