Epson C80

My Epson C80 printer has broken down and I want to try to fix it myself
since it is out of warranty. When I turn it on the power button light
is blinking, the paper button light is also blinking, and the ink
button light is on constantly.It also makes a soft noise as if it is
short circuiting It makes this noise everytime I turn it on. Has anyone
had this kind of problem with this kind of printer and how did you fix
it.

Thanks

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"chavalo" <chavalo_79905@netzero.net> wrote:
>My Epson C80 printer has broken down and I want to try to fix it myself
>since it is out of warranty. When I turn it on the power button light
>is blinking, the paper button light is also blinking, and the ink
>button light is on constantly.It also makes a soft noise as if it is
>short circuiting It makes this noise everytime I turn it on. Has anyone
>had this kind of problem with this kind of printer and how did you fix
>it.
>
>Thanks

This unfortunately is a Fatal Error. Download the service manual from
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Epson_22.html near the bottom of the
page (this is a multipart manual - 13 parts to download)
Then look at the following sections
3.1.4
3.1.4.5
to see what you need to check.