Security Settings in XP Home

I'm using XP Home SP2. I want to know how to change the Security
settings in IE so that Active X controls are allowed to run only from
sites in my list of trusted sites. It's not clear to me what changes I
must make to the default settings under Tools|Internet
Options|Security|Custom Level. I want to include only Windows Update in
the list of trusted sites.

Thanks, Virginia

"Ginnalee" wrote:

> I'm using XP Home SP2. I want to know how to change the Security
> settings in IE so that Active X controls are allowed to run only from
> sites in my list of trusted sites. It's not clear to me what changes I
> must make to the default settings under Tools|Internet
> Options|Security|Custom Level. I want to include only Windows Update in
> the list of trusted sites.
>
> Thanks, Virginia

Internet Explorer gurus hang out here:

Thank you. I'll try that.

Virginia

Chuck Davis wrote:

> "Ginnalee" wrote:
>

>>I'm using XP Home SP2. I want to know how to change the Security
>>settings in IE so that Active X controls are allowed to run only from
>>sites in my list of trusted sites. It's not clear to me what changes I
>>must make to the default settings under Tools|Internet
>>Options|Security|Custom Level. I want to include only Windows Update in
>>the list of trusted sites.
>>
>>Thanks, Virginia
>>

> Internet Explorer gurus hang out here:
> http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi
It might be easier, if you change Active x control settings under Privacy
instead of Security. Under the Privacy make sure 'Block pop-ups' is checked
and click on Settings. Type in your trusted sites under 'Address of Web site
to allow' and click on Add. You'll find many other options under the
Settings, they are pretty much self explainatary...
hope this helps.