NFSU Underground Mode Wants To Restart

I was just playing through the game, and had just gotten through race
#90 or so when my PC rebooted. When I restarted the game, it welcomed
me to Underground mode. I can not get back to my saved game. The
same exact thing happened a few months ago, on the same system, but
I've had quite a few upgrades. I have the following files in my
documents and settings/all users/application data/nfs underground
directory:

profiles.usr
rickslayer0.ugd
rickslayer.cfg
rickslayer.opt
rickslayer_autosave.ugd

Has anyone had this happen before? Is there ANY way I can get my
saved game back? If I can't, I'm pretty much through with it.
There's certainly no way I'll try going through the series again after
getting burned twice. I'm bummed....

-Rick

> #90 or so when my PC rebooted. When I restarted the game, it welcomed
> me to Underground mode. I can not get back to my saved game.

I'll post a save game in just a bit.

"Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Ifhld.47195$SW3.36384@fed1read01>...
> > Ok, you can download this zip file, which has races 88
> > through 95 completed.
> >
> > http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu088.zip
> >

> Just rename nfsu1.ugd to rickslayer1.ugd for before race 90,
> or rename nfsu2.ugd to rickslayer2.ugd for after race 90.

Jeff,

Thanks for the saved game, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be
able to finish it off in style, then check out NFSU2.

-Rick