NFSU Underground Mode Wants To Restart

I was just playing through the game, and had just gotten through race
#90 or so when my PC rebooted. When I restarted the game, it welcomed
me to Underground mode. I can not get back to my saved game. The
same exact thing happened a few months ago, on the same system, but
I've had quite a few upgrades. I have the following files in my
documents and settings/all users/application data/nfs underground
directory:

profiles.usr
rickslayer0.ugd
rickslayer.cfg
rickslayer.opt
rickslayer_autosave.ugd

Has anyone had this happen before? Is there ANY way I can get my
saved game back? If I can't, I'm pretty much through with it.
There's certainly no way I'll try going through the series again after
getting burned twice. I'm bummed....

-Rick
4 answers Last reply
More about nfsu underground mode restart
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > #90 or so when my PC rebooted. When I restarted the game, it welcomed
    > me to Underground mode. I can not get back to my saved game.

    I'll post a save game in just a bit.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    Ok, you can download this zip file, which has races 88
    through 95 completed.

    http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu088.zip
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > Ok, you can download this zip file, which has races 88
    > through 95 completed.
    >
    > http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu088.zip

    Just rename nfsu1.ugd to rickslayer1.ugd for before race 90,
    or rename nfsu2.ugd to rickslayer2.ugd for after race 90.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    "Jeff Reid" <jeffareid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Ifhld.47195$SW3.36384@fed1read01>...
    > > Ok, you can download this zip file, which has races 88
    > > through 95 completed.
    > >
    > > http://jeffareid.net/cgi-bin/nfsu088.zip
    > >

    > Just rename nfsu1.ugd to rickslayer1.ugd for before race 90,
    > or rename nfsu2.ugd to rickslayer2.ugd for after race 90.

    Jeff,

    Thanks for the saved game, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be
    able to finish it off in style, then check out NFSU2.

    -Rick

Games Video Games