CHM files show 'The page cannot be displayed' on WX SP2 ye..

November 18, 2004 3:00:05 AM

Subject sez it all. Bookmarks on left are intact. HTML Help workshop
CHM info reports good stuff, but the right-hand content cannot be
'found' Any ideas? Thanks.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 3:00:06 AM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:00:05 GMT, Ollie North wrote:

> Subject sez it all. Bookmarks on left are intact. HTML Help workshop
> CHM info reports good stuff, but the right-hand content cannot be
> 'found' Any ideas? Thanks.

Description of how Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883260
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:46:34 -0600, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:00:05 GMT, Ollie North wrote:
>
>> Subject sez it all. Bookmarks on left are intact. HTML Help workshop
>> CHM info reports good stuff, but the right-hand content cannot be
>> 'found' Any ideas? Thanks.
>
>Description of how Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service Pack 2
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883260

Appreciate the input, but I'm talking about opening up a .chm file by
double-clicking on it from Explorer/My Computer! I checked inside Zone
Alarm, and I have .chm files allowed for attachments. And I can open
the .CHM file on either computer, but on the XP SP2 box, the right
hand content side has the HTTP error.
Anonymous
November 18, 2004 10:44:11 AM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:18:48 GMT, Ollie North wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:46:34 -0600, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:00:05 GMT, Ollie North wrote:
>>
>>> Subject sez it all. Bookmarks on left are intact. HTML Help workshop
>>> CHM info reports good stuff, but the right-hand content cannot be
>>> 'found' Any ideas? Thanks.
>>
>>Description of how Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service Pack 2
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883260
>
> Appreciate the input, but I'm talking about opening up a .chm file by
> double-clicking on it from Explorer/My Computer! I checked inside Zone
> Alarm, and I have .chm files allowed for attachments. And I can open
> the .CHM file on either computer, but on the XP SP2 box, the right
> hand content side has the HTTP error.

The *.chm file is considered web content from the intranet instead of the
internet. Check the article again for suggestions on adjusting settings.
You may have to tweak Internet Options> Security> Trusted and Local zones a
bit too.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User