CHM files show 'The page cannot be displayed' on WX SP2 ye..

Subject sez it all. Bookmarks on left are intact. HTML Help workshop
CHM info reports good stuff, but the right-hand content cannot be
'found' Any ideas? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about files show page displayed

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:00:05 GMT, Ollie North wrote:

    > Subject sez it all. Bookmarks on left are intact. HTML Help workshop
    > CHM info reports good stuff, but the right-hand content cannot be
    > 'found' Any ideas? Thanks.

    Description of how Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883260
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:46:34 -0600, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
    wrote:

    >On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:00:05 GMT, Ollie North wrote:
    >
    >> Subject sez it all. Bookmarks on left are intact. HTML Help workshop
    >> CHM info reports good stuff, but the right-hand content cannot be
    >> 'found' Any ideas? Thanks.
    >
    >Description of how Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883260

    Appreciate the input, but I'm talking about opening up a .chm file by
    double-clicking on it from Explorer/My Computer! I checked inside Zone
    Alarm, and I have .chm files allowed for attachments. And I can open
    the .CHM file on either computer, but on the XP SP2 box, the right
    hand content side has the HTTP error.

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:18:48 GMT, Ollie North wrote:

    > On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 19:46:34 -0600, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:00:05 GMT, Ollie North wrote:
    >>
    >>> Subject sez it all. Bookmarks on left are intact. HTML Help workshop
    >>> CHM info reports good stuff, but the right-hand content cannot be
    >>> 'found' Any ideas? Thanks.
    >>
    >>Description of how Attachment Manager works in Windows XP Service Pack 2
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;883260
    >
    > Appreciate the input, but I'm talking about opening up a .chm file by
    > double-clicking on it from Explorer/My Computer! I checked inside Zone
    > Alarm, and I have .chm files allowed for attachments. And I can open
    > the .CHM file on either computer, but on the XP SP2 box, the right
    > hand content side has the HTTP error.

    The *.chm file is considered web content from the intranet instead of the
    internet. Check the article again for suggestions on adjusting settings.
    You may have to tweak Internet Options> Security> Trusted and Local zones a
    bit too.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User