Hi, I'm running in stage 2 of career mode and I'm playing with my 206
against RX8, GTO, A3, TT...
How do I get my hands on one of these? it's not much of a problem except for
the drag races where I just can't get in front of the gto...

Love this games and racing on the hills, have been waiting for stuff like
this since need for speed high stakes!!!

predator

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

race the cars in the city, you will get cool performance or visual mods not
available in stores. There are also hidden stores that have upgrades the
default stores don't. If you can, upgrade to the celica, it is a very fast
car

"Predator" <predator.this@predator.that> ha scritto nel messaggio
> race the cars in the city, you will get cool performance or visual mods
not
> available in stores. There are also hidden stores that have upgrades the
> default stores don't. If you can, upgrade to the celica, it is a very fast
> car

thanks for the reply, but with "race the cars in the city" do you mean the
other "underground" cars I may find on my way and challenge?

xms wrote:
> thanks for the reply, but with "race the cars in the city" do you
> mean the other "underground" cars I may find on my way and challenge?

He means find the other racers cruising the world map (the orange arrows
represent them), bump into one of them, hit F1 (or whatever you binded for
"Enter Race/Shop") when the icon pops up in the left upper screen corner and
race (lose) them. The only thing I don't get is if there are any rulez on
how you must beat them. Sometimes I beat 4-5 in a row and get nothing,
sometimes only 3 does the trick. Maybe it has something to do with the time,
maybe you have to lose them in under a minute, or maybe only one kind of
beaten car gives you a unique upgrade (I got 1 from a green Ford, IIRC).
Anybody?!

In article <xaednc5DDYw6UAXcRVn-1Q@giganews.com>,
predator.this@predator.that says...
> race the cars in the city, you will get cool performance or visual mods not
> available in stores. There are also hidden stores that have upgrades the
> default stores don't. If you can, upgrade to the celica, it is a very fast
> car

An upgraded AE86 Corolla is a it quick too. Stage 1 everything with
stage 2 ECU, wins everything except drag ATM. Working on getting better
drag performance, Skylines keep killing me.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

"Sleeker GT Phwoar" <carl.robson@bouncing-czechs.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:MPG.1c06ba6d3a4774c298a864@news.individual.net...

> An upgraded AE86 Corolla is a it quick too. Stage 1 everything with
> stage 2 ECU, wins everything except drag ATM. Working on getting better
> drag performance, Skylines keep killing me.

I just entered stage 3 thanks to a 206 heavily upgraded :)
I managed to get hold of an IS 300 on which I've thown a lot of money in
upgrades and then swapt it for an audi tt...they may be faster than the 206
but I found the handling on the 206 to be much much better.
The big problem comes during drag races, which I hate!

xms wrote:

> I just entered stage 3 thanks to a 206 heavily upgraded :)
> I managed to get hold of an IS 300 on which I've thown a lot of money in
> upgrades and then swapt it for an audi tt...they may be faster than the 206
> but I found the handling on the 206 to be much much better.
> The big problem comes during drag races, which I hate!

I LOVE the drag races. Very intense and fun. I have to race the same
one 10-15 times to win it tho...I'm still using my honda from the
beginning of the game, with stage 2 everything and a few stage 3 items.
It's great for drift races.

sorry for my ignorance, but what is a 206, and a IS 300?

I was banking my cash for a GTO or mustang (which I figured I'd use for
all my drags), but they havent been released yet.

I have a supra, which has more HP than any other car in the game
(according to the strat guide).
Is anyone using the supra, or is the mazda rx8 better?

"Steve Genardini" <readyman@sonic.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

> I LOVE the drag races. Very intense and fun. I have to race the same one
> 10-15 times to win it tho...I'm still using my honda from the beginning of
> the game, with stage 2 everything and a few stage 3 items.
> It's great for drift races.
>
> sorry for my ignorance, but what is a 206, and a IS 300?

the 206 is the peugeot, the first car available in the game, the, I believe
lexus, IS 300 was unlocked during the second half of stage 2 and I choose it
as a reward for fulfilling my sponsorship contract

> I was banking my cash for a GTO or mustang (which I figured I'd use for
> all my drags), but they havent been released yet.

Haven't seen the gto in the shop yet however through upgrades I was able to
beat it in a drag race, yes I helped her crash into a van too!

> I have a supra, which has more HP than any other car in the game
> (according to the strat guide).
> Is anyone using the supra, or is the mazda rx8 better?

I've seen the supra but I haven't tried it yet; it seems to me that at least
on paper each new car should be performing better than the one before

In article <N84nd.5827$_3.79434@typhoon.sonic.net>, readyman@sonic.net
says...
> a IS 300?

Toyota/Lexus Altezza in the States and other parts of the World, Lexus
IS200/300 in the UK and Japan at least.

Wouldn't mind a Jap Lexus RS200 with the 4 cylinder Beams engine and
manual 6 speed in real life though.
--
"Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf"
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com

Anyone knows if the jeeps will be useful somewhere during the game?