Nanopoint power supply help

Which PSU should I get?

• Go with the Nanopoint, those things are wicked sick! I want one now.

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Go with the Enermax, they have a well established Reputation.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I plan on building a sick system come late November and I'll be using quad sli down the road. Then I'll go DX10 once Vista has been out for a little bit.

So far here is what I plan on getting:
Intel e6600 or e6700(overclocked for sure.)
P5 Asus mobo premium with C55 590 sli support. (Coming oct. or nov., hopefully the P5 crosshair or Republic of Gamers edition)
1 7950gt to hold me over (Then dx10 quad sli mid next year after vista is well established)
4 gig's Corsair Dominator (PC-8500 version)
2 320 Seagate Barracuda 7200.10

Does anyone know if these powersupplies are any good? I love there cabling as well as there prices. 1100watts for $260..sounds too good to be true.
Nanopoint (tagan) ??
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Submit=ENE&N=50011322&Manufactory=11322
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817811009

They all support Quad sli, they come inside what appears to be a leather suitcase, they all have an active PFC, and they all have 4 12v Rails @ 20amps each.

They also come with a 3 year guarantee but I won't forget what I learned from Tommy Boy

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why do they put a guarantee on a box? Hmm, very interesting.
Ted: I'm listening.
Tommy: Here's how I see it. A guy puts a guarantee on the box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.
Ted: Yeah, makes a man feel good.
Tommy: 'Course it does. Ya think if you leave that box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter.
Ted: What's your point?
Tommy: The point is, how do you know the Guarantee Fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, but we're not buying it. Next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times.
Ted: But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?
Tommy: Because they know all they solda ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is. Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for right now, for your sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality item from me.
Ted: Hmm. Okay, I'll buy from you.
Tommy: Well I... What?

So far they have gotten good reviews...
Are these just dreams come true or am I missing something?

If these are no good I'll stick with getting the NEW Enermax Galaxy
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817194008
It has 5 12v rails @ 17amps each

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
I would get 7900gt if I was buying it today, but taking to account that I won't be purchasing the system until late November...It's price will be considerably lower than where it currently is. Also the reason to get a card such as this one is because Nvidia will allow these cards to be used along side there dx10 cards. This card will be my Nvidia physx card...or at least thats my plan.