35 HTC Smartphone Codenames Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
Didn't HTC say that they were going to dismiss their usual tactic of pushing out a hundred SKUs in favor of their One series. That didn't last long... so much for the "Quality over Quantity" approach. Not saying that these aren't going to be great phones, it just a shame that they've fallen back into the muddled and spread-out approach again.

I like having options as much as the next guy, but more often than not these dozens of different handsets have very little difference between them. Which makes picking one out of the batch a confusing endeavor.

phillipw

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
Could be worse and have little to no choice...like iphone users. I'd like to see two, maybe three versions, but I usually pick the "flag ship" for my carrier. I'm on Sprint...still using my Evo 3D (tethered to a Nexus 7). I'll be skipping the Evo 4g LTE (little to no LTE support in my area...coming soon, they say) and look at what comes next.

Having a decent tablet has moved me from wanting a bad-ass phone. Just give me fast data service, a decent camera and screen....I'd be happy.

XZaapryca

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I've worked for several HW manufacturers and the internally used code names for devices are far less interesting than specs, release dates and retail prices. Not sure why this is even news.

frkuout

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
This is just plain silly. 35 code names for new devices yet HTC cannot even update their current devices in a timely manner. I really like HTC's build quality and they have some of the best camera in their phones but putting out this many phones, if all make it to market, is only going to hurt them when patches and OS upgrades are due.

web11

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
If Apple is getting a cut of their smartphone sales I won't be buying another HTC product in the next 10 years.

unempit

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
"35 HTC Smartphone Codenames Leak"
When I read the headline to my wife, she asked what leaked out of the phones. Sometimes spelling is everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.