voltages from bios dont match asus probe

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Your bios readings vcore or temps can run a little higher.
Although you should trust the bios readings over reporting software in the windows environment I wouldn’t lose any sleep over a few hundredths of a volt.
Use them as guidelines and rely on stability not software.
The only time you should panic is if they are extremely high or falling so low you become unstable.
You will see fluctuations in Vcore depending on system load. This is normal.
Try other Reporting software to make a comparison you will find them all unequal at times.

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
Vcore fluctuations are a function of your PSU and motherboard voltage regulators (from what I understand). The more mainstream the PSU and motherboard are, the more likley and the more your vcore will fluctuate. I had this problem on my P4C Northwood based rig which ran off a P4C800 deluxe mobo and a Antec PSU. However, on my sig rig which runs off of a FSP Group Epsilon PSU and a DFI LP board, the vcore doesn't move... ever, and I mean ever.

As the previous poster said, .03 is not a big deal. If I remember the ATX specs right (search THG for PSU stress test) the fluctation tolerance for vcore is +/- 5%. So on your vcore you are fluctuating a mere 2%, don't sweat it.

wstcoaster07

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
yea, na the fluctuations i guess are minimal. just tryin to still solve the strange issue that the computer can run a stress test in prime for hours and yet it locks up eventually when running atiTool mac clock test or memTest.

TRENDING THREADS