Thermaltake Eclicpse DV

Robovski

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
OK, I'm moving towards a decision on my mobo and that means I'm nearly ready to build the new rig. As such the case becomes a more and more pressing question. I'm wanting something 'different' but stylish, and I think I have my answer: the Termaltake Eclipse DV (VC6000BNA BLK).

edit: Link here.

I like the look of it and have read some good reviews, and it has things I want, like aluminum construction. So are there any experienced owners out there able to give an opinion? Anyone handle one in person? I'm afraid that out here in the place that is probably the closest to the sphincter of Scotland there isn't somewher I can go and just have a look at one so some first-hand opinions would be greatly appreciated before I drop more than £100 on this case.

Suggestions for alternatives are welcome, but they should have style and have good spec, ATX and no PSU.

Thanks in advance.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I would look up some reviews about it, specially for the slim dvd in the door.
Find out what brand and model it is to make sure it isnt junk thatll die in a week.

Robovski

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
I would look up some reviews about it, specially for the slim dvd in the door.
Find out what brand and model it is to make sure it isnt junk thatll die in a week.

I've already done a lot of research, there are a few reviews available online (generally very positive), it's a Termaltake case. I was hoping to get the opinion of someone who has had the case for a while though as the reviews online are from people who didn't have the case all that long.

It's partly my own fault though - I want something 'different'. If I was asking about the Antec P180 or something there'd be people comming out of the virtual woodwork with opinions.