MIS INK Skin tone is off

Using: Epson Photo 960, MIS Archival dye ink, Epson Glossy paper,
Elements 3.0, windows xp.

I can't seem to get the skin tones close to what is printed at walMart.
with no editing skin tones are dark with a slight megenta cast. I have
tried editing in elements to improve the skin color with no success. I
have some experience with printer properties but don't understand all
the options. I am not sure if I need a profile for Elements. Any web
sites I should be looking at? I need some help uderstanding the process
to get the correct printer, ink and paper combination to give better
color.
thanks tom

zakezuke

This is yet another attempt where a user is looking for technical
support and measekite uses it to spread his FUD. FYI burt has a canon
not an epson. What he reccomends is stupid. It would be like me
calling canon and asking them to refer me to the ink mfg to resolve
color issues.

http://www.inksupply.com/profiles.cfm

mis provides profiles for their products though not for the 960, and
you could always talk to them about the subject.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

zakezuke wrote:
> This is yet another attempt where a user is looking for technical
> support and measekite uses it to spread his FUD. FYI burt has a canon
> not an epson. What he reccomends is stupid. It would be like me
> calling canon and asking them to refer me to the ink mfg to resolve
> color issues.
>
> http://www.inksupply.com/profiles.cfm
>
> mis provides profiles for their products though not for the 960, and
> you could always talk to them about the subject.

Whoa...that just went over measershits head!
Bet he forgot to duck. :)
Frank

thomas.jacobs@dva.state.wi.us wrote:
> Using: Epson Photo 960, MIS Archival dye ink, Epson Glossy paper,
> Elements 3.0, windows xp.
>
> I can't seem to get the skin tones close to what is printed at walMart.
> with no editing skin tones are dark with a slight megenta cast. I have
> tried editing in elements to improve the skin color with no success. I
> have some experience with printer properties but don't understand all
> the options. I am not sure if I need a profile for Elements. Any web
> sites I should be looking at? I need some help uderstanding the process
> to get the correct printer, ink and paper combination to give better
> color.
> thanks tom

When I compared Epson R200 with a Canon i950 I found while both use dye
based 6 color ink system they print quite differently. Apparently the
difference is in the drivers. Epson prints a same image at much higher
overall color saturation than Canon does. I prefer Canon's more natural
look. If your Epson prints look very saturated you may want to try to
reduce the overall saturation level to see if the magenta cast may be
reduced to a more natural level.

thomas.jacobs@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

>Using: Epson Photo 960, MIS Archival dye ink

YOU SHOULD NOT LISTEN TO BURTIE FURTIE WHO HAS DENIED WHAT YOU ARE
SAYING. ANYWAY CALL INKSUPPLY WHO DISTRIBUTES THEIR STORE LABEL CALLED
MIS AND ASK THEM WHO THE MFG/FORMULATOR IS AND ASK THEM FOR AN 800
NUMBER. THEN CALL THEM AND FIND A SOLUTION AND REPORT BACK TO THIS NG.

>, Epson Glossy paper,
>Elements 3.0, windows xp.
>
>I can't seem to get the skin tones close to what is printed at walMart.
> with no editing skin tones are dark with a slight megenta cast. I have
>tried editing in elements to improve the skin color with no success. I
>have some experience with printer properties but don't understand all
>the options. I am not sure if I need a profile for Elements. Any web
>sites I should be looking at? I need some help uderstanding the process
>to get the correct printer, ink and paper combination to give better
>color.
>thanks tom

BURT

I did try MIS ink bulk ink to refill OEM carts in an Epson Stylus Color 900
prior to buying my Canon i960 and I had trouble trying to work out good
color balance. MIS tech support tried to help me through it, but to no
avail. They were using ESC 980 printers in their office (virtually the same
printer) and had no problems with color balance. Because Neil Slade touted
the i960, stated that MIS inks worked well in that printer, and that the
canon carts were easiest to refill, I bought the i960 and have been
extremely happy with that purchase and with the bulk MIS ink for refilling
the carts. Part of my decision was based on the fact that I wanted to stop
paying through the nose for OEM inks. I knew that the print run I was about
to do after a trip to the former Eastern Block countries with two digital
camaras full of images would either cost tons of money with Epson EOM inks,
or I could spend the same money on the new Canon printer instead and cut my
future costs by 90 %. It was a no-brainer.

BTW, MIS very kindly sent me a set of virgin carts and inks for the Canon at
no charge to compensate for the unhappy experience I had trying to use their
inks for my Epson printer. Their service has been excellent as has been
their inks and virgin carts.

Expect Measekite to follow this message with his usual BS. He loves to pick
on my messages. Guess he can't stand reading the truth from a happy user of
these products. I don't see his messages any more as I've killfiled him.
I'm only confronted by his "noise" when someone writes a reply to his
misinformation.