MIS INK Skin tone is off

Using: Epson Photo 960, MIS Archival dye ink, Epson Glossy paper,
Elements 3.0, windows xp.

I can't seem to get the skin tones close to what is printed at walMart.
with no editing skin tones are dark with a slight megenta cast. I have
tried editing in elements to improve the skin color with no success. I
have some experience with printer properties but don't understand all
the options. I am not sure if I need a profile for Elements. Any web
sites I should be looking at? I need some help uderstanding the process
to get the correct printer, ink and paper combination to give better
color.
thanks tom
8 answers Last reply
More about skin tone

    This is yet another attempt where a user is looking for technical
    support and measekite uses it to spread his FUD. FYI burt has a canon
    not an epson. What he reccomends is stupid. It would be like me
    calling canon and asking them to refer me to the ink mfg to resolve
    color issues.

    http://www.inksupply.com/profiles.cfm

    mis provides profiles for their products though not for the 960, and
    you could always talk to them about the subject.

    zakezuke wrote:
    > This is yet another attempt where a user is looking for technical
    > support and measekite uses it to spread his FUD. FYI burt has a canon
    > not an epson. What he reccomends is stupid. It would be like me
    > calling canon and asking them to refer me to the ink mfg to resolve
    > color issues.
    >
    > http://www.inksupply.com/profiles.cfm
    >
    > mis provides profiles for their products though not for the 960, and
    > you could always talk to them about the subject.

    Whoa...that just went over measershits head!
    Bet he forgot to duck. :-)
    Frank

    thomas.jacobs@dva.state.wi.us wrote:
    > Using: Epson Photo 960, MIS Archival dye ink, Epson Glossy paper,
    > Elements 3.0, windows xp.
    >
    > I can't seem to get the skin tones close to what is printed at walMart.
    > with no editing skin tones are dark with a slight megenta cast. I have
    > tried editing in elements to improve the skin color with no success. I
    > have some experience with printer properties but don't understand all
    > the options. I am not sure if I need a profile for Elements. Any web
    > sites I should be looking at? I need some help uderstanding the process
    > to get the correct printer, ink and paper combination to give better
    > color.
    > thanks tom

    When I compared Epson R200 with a Canon i950 I found while both use dye
    based 6 color ink system they print quite differently. Apparently the
    difference is in the drivers. Epson prints a same image at much higher
    overall color saturation than Canon does. I prefer Canon's more natural
    look. If your Epson prints look very saturated you may want to try to
    reduce the overall saturation level to see if the magenta cast may be
    reduced to a more natural level.

    thomas.jacobs@dva.state.wi.us wrote:

    >Using: Epson Photo 960, MIS Archival dye ink

    YOU SHOULD NOT LISTEN TO BURTIE FURTIE WHO HAS DENIED WHAT YOU ARE
    SAYING. ANYWAY CALL INKSUPPLY WHO DISTRIBUTES THEIR STORE LABEL CALLED
    MIS AND ASK THEM WHO THE MFG/FORMULATOR IS AND ASK THEM FOR AN 800
    NUMBER. THEN CALL THEM AND FIND A SOLUTION AND REPORT BACK TO THIS NG.

    >, Epson Glossy paper,
    >Elements 3.0, windows xp.
    >
    >I can't seem to get the skin tones close to what is printed at walMart.
    > with no editing skin tones are dark with a slight megenta cast. I have
    >tried editing in elements to improve the skin color with no success. I
    >have some experience with printer properties but don't understand all
    >the options. I am not sure if I need a profile for Elements. Any web
    >sites I should be looking at? I need some help uderstanding the process
    >to get the correct printer, ink and paper combination to give better
    >color.
    >thanks tom

    I did try MIS ink bulk ink to refill OEM carts in an Epson Stylus Color 900
    prior to buying my Canon i960 and I had trouble trying to work out good
    color balance. MIS tech support tried to help me through it, but to no
    avail. They were using ESC 980 printers in their office (virtually the same
    printer) and had no problems with color balance. Because Neil Slade touted
    the i960, stated that MIS inks worked well in that printer, and that the
    canon carts were easiest to refill, I bought the i960 and have been
    extremely happy with that purchase and with the bulk MIS ink for refilling
    the carts. Part of my decision was based on the fact that I wanted to stop
    paying through the nose for OEM inks. I knew that the print run I was about
    to do after a trip to the former Eastern Block countries with two digital
    camaras full of images would either cost tons of money with Epson EOM inks,
    or I could spend the same money on the new Canon printer instead and cut my
    future costs by 90 %. It was a no-brainer.

    BTW, MIS very kindly sent me a set of virgin carts and inks for the Canon at
    no charge to compensate for the unhappy experience I had trying to use their
    inks for my Epson printer. Their service has been excellent as has been
    their inks and virgin carts.

    Expect Measekite to follow this message with his usual BS. He loves to pick
    on my messages. Guess he can't stand reading the truth from a happy user of
    these products. I don't see his messages any more as I've killfiled him.
    I'm only confronted by his "noise" when someone writes a reply to his
    misinformation.

    Burt wrote:

    >I did try snip ink bulk ink to refill OEM carts in an Epson Stylus Color 900
    >prior to buying my Canon i960 and I had trouble trying to work out good
    >color balance. snip tech support tried to help me through it, but to no
    >avail. They were using ESC 980 printers in their office (virtually the same
    >printer) and had no problems with color balance. Because Neil Slade touted
    >the i960, stated that snip inks worked well in that printer, and that the
    >canon carts were easiest to refill, I bought the i960 and have been
    >extremely happy with that purchase and with the bulk snip ink for refilling
    >the carts. Part of my decision was based on the fact that I wanted to stop
    >paying through the nose for OEM inks. I knew that the print run I was about
    >to do after a trip to the former Eastern Block countries with two digital
    >camaras full of images would either cost tons of money with Epson EOM inks,
    >or I could spend the same money on the new Canon printer instead and cut my
    >future costs by 90 %. It was a no-brainer.
    >
    >BTW, snip very kindly sent me a set of virgin carts and inks for the Canon at
    >no charge to compensate for the unhappy experience I had trying to use their
    >inks for my Epson printer. Their service has been excellent as has been
    >their inks and virgin carts.
    >
    >Expect Measekite to follow this message with his usual BS. He loves to pick
    >on my messages. Guess he can't stand reading the truth from a happy user of
    >these products. I don't see his messages any more as I've killfiled him.
    >I'm only confronted by his "noise" when someone writes a reply to his
    >snipinformation.
    >
    >"zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>This is yet another attempt where a user is looking for technical
    >>support and measekite uses it to spread his FUD. FYI burt has a canon
    >>not an epson. What he reccomends is stupid. It would be like me
    >>calling canon and asking them to refer me to the ink mfg to resolve
    >>color issues.
    >>
    >>http://www.inksupply.com/profiles.cfm
    >>
    >>snip provides profiles for their products though not for the 960, and
    >>you could always talk to them about the subject.

Printers Epson Peripherals