Laser printer that can handle card please.........

Hi all, was interested in purchasing the Samsung 1610 recently on offer
from eBuyer until I downloaded the instructions and saw it couldn't
handle card from the auto sheet feeder, only by manual feed one at a
time.
Any recommendations for one that is home refillable.
Card is A4 white about 200 gsm.
Don't mind a used one if there's any resellers as long as it does the
job.
Thanks in advance.

In article <1127314553.375904.251800@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
bargainseeeker@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi all, was interested in purchasing the Samsung 1610 recently on offer
> from eBuyer until I downloaded the instructions and saw it couldn't
> handle card from the auto sheet feeder, only by manual feed one at a
> time.
> Any recommendations for one that is home refillable.
> Card is A4 white about 200 gsm.
> Don't mind a used one if there's any resellers as long as it does the
> job.

BS-

Many printers have a paper-path with a sharp bend as the paper comes out
of the tray. Card stock may not be able to tolerate the sharp bend. You
may be limited to finding a printer that allows a quantity of sheets of
card stock to be placed in the hand-feed tray.

Fred

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

fmmck@aol.com (Fred McKenzie) wrote:
>In article <1127314553.375904.251800@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
>bargainseeeker@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> Hi all, was interested in purchasing the Samsung 1610 recently on offer
>> from eBuyer until I downloaded the instructions and saw it couldn't
>> handle card from the auto sheet feeder, only by manual feed one at a
>> time.
>> Any recommendations for one that is home refillable.
>> Card is A4 white about 200 gsm.
>> Don't mind a used one if there's any resellers as long as it does the
>> job.
>
>BS-
>
>Many printers have a paper-path with a sharp bend as the paper comes out
>of the tray. Card stock may not be able to tolerate the sharp bend. You
>may be limited to finding a printer that allows a quantity of sheets of
>card stock to be placed in the hand-feed tray.
>
>Fred

Look at the OKI range, they have a straight paper path (with the back door
opened) from the multifunction tray that can handle a reasonable amount of card.
Tony