Judge dismisses part of AMD case against Intel

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060927:MTFH30630_2006-09-27_03-37-43_N26231575&type=comktNews&rpc=44

Intel did engage in same questionable practices. This judge didn't confirm or deny this. He simply stated that the case should not be presented within the United States seeing as it involves German based, Asian made processors being sold outside of the United States.

As such, US customers were not affected. And even then one must remember that Antitrust laws protect the CONSUMERS not the Corporations. So if Intel's practices did not hurt the Consumers in a monetary or physical/financial way then really Intel did nothing wrong seeing as we do live in a Capitalist society.

AMD Fanboi's need to come to gripes that we're not communists. If they want open Communism they can move to Cuba or China.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060927:MTFH30630_2006-09-27_03-37-43_N26231575&type=comktNews&rpc=44

Intel did engage in same questionable practices. This judge didn't confirm or deny this. He simply stated that the case should not be presented within the United States seeing as it involves German based, Asian made processors being sold outside of the United States.

As such, US customers were not affected. And even then one must remember that Antitrust laws protect the CONSUMERS not the Corporations. So if Intel's practices did not hurt the Consumers in a monetary or physical/financial way then really Intel did nothing wrong seeing as we do live in a Capitalist society.

AMD Fanboi's need to come to gripes that we're not communists. If they want open Communism they can move to Cuba or China.

But Marxism worked out so well!!!

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
AMD loses its court case against Intel?
I wonder how the "Horde" will react to this...

You have to wonder???

Heres some Horde "pre-qoutes" for ya:
"Intel paid off the judge"
or
"The judge was dirty"
or
"The judge has Intel stock"
or
"Intel must have dirt on the judge"

It's been a big week for AMD and shenanigans. I wonder what we can expect from them next. Will they start spamming peoples emails telling them to buy AMD? They've already done that to our beloved 10 year old forum. (Seriously what are we going to do when Tom's turns 21?)

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
It's been a big week for AMD and shenanigans. I wonder what we can expect from them next. Will they start spamming peoples emails telling them to buy AMD? They've already done that to our beloved 10 year old forum. (Seriously what are we going to do when Tom's turns 21?)

Take out on the town and buy it a lap dance?

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
If you guys want a really good laugh, go see sharikapoop had to say about this.

Apparantly, they failed to follow his advice on this matter and this is what happened. I guess that sharikapoop is now some kind of legal expert too.

Sounds a lot like someone else I know.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Apparantly, they failed to follow his advice on this matter and this is what happened. I guess that sharikapoop is now some kind of legal expert too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But its OK. Even though they didnt heed Sharikous advice, AMD followed Baron's recommendation and invented the 4x4. So the lawsuit is trivial now as Barons brainchild will boost profits so extensively that any monetary award from the case would be insubstantial.

BTW, type in "sharikou" on google search and see what happens

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But its OK. Even though they didnt heed Sharikous advice, AMD followed Baron's recommendation and invented the 4x4. So the lawsuit is trivial now as Barons brainchild will boost profits so extensively that any monetary award from the case would be insubstantial.

BTW, type in "sharikou" on google search and see what happensYou gotta admit. Just by being a dink, this guy's name brings in 86,000 hits in Google. What's this world coming too? :wink:

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006
You gotta admit. Just by being a dink, this guy's name brings in 86,000 hits in Google. What's this world coming too? :wink:

Yup. with that kind of exposure, I wouldnt be suprised if he were to get a little note from Intels laywers

weskurtz81

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
I wouldn't get to excited yet.... from the way the article reads only part of the case has been dismissed. So, no one has won or lost yet. Just my two cents.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

Yeah this is what the neanderthal had to say..

AMD failed to follow my advice

When Intel moved to strike part of AMD's claims on lack of subject matter jurisdiction, I suggested the following argument: Japanese PC makers such as SONY sell their finished PCes in the United States. Therefore, Intel's anti-competitive behaviour in Japan affects the US PC market and US consumers. When Intel excluded AMD from Japan's SONY, US consumers were no longer offered the choice of stylish SONY AMD PCes. Joe Osh could have bought a AMD SONY for $1000, instead he had to buy an Intel SONY for $2000. Intel's foreign anti-competitive behaviour thus have direct effect in both the foreign and domestic x86 markets. AMD's lawsuit in US seeks to address such effects in the US under US law, while AMD's lawsuit in Japan addresses the effects in Japan.

Judging from Judge Farnan's ruling, AMD failed to deliver the simple message above, instead, AMD's arguments were quite abstract.

While some Intelers are cheering, they have to understand this is just the original complaint. As AMD uncovers more evidence through discovery, it will leave to amend its complaint and may add these back in.

I don't have a JD. But I tell you, I can devise an argument to bring about a certain result with the rules and the facts. That's why I can be better than most lawyers -- liberal arts people who lack logic most of the time.

People have been seeing apples falling for millions of years, only Newton discovered gravity. Why? You can have all the facts, but you have to use them correctly...

Some info on the Judge, very fun reading.

naughty

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
man...im new here and i probably shouldnt be saying things like this but guys like sharikou leave me wondering how much of life on this planet is intelligent

funny thing is im using amd but i wouldnt mind using intel when i next upgrade (only got my 4800+ based system in november last year so im still not a prime candidate to upgrade yet)

but even i can see that guys like this are counterproductive to amd's cause instead of assisting it in any way

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Yeah this is what the neanderthal had to say..

AMD failed to follow my advice

When Intel moved to strike part of AMD's claims on lack of subject matter jurisdiction, I suggested the following argument: Japanese PC makers such as SONY sell their finished PCes in the United States. Therefore, Intel's anti-competitive behaviour in Japan affects the US PC market and US consumers. When Intel excluded AMD from Japan's SONY, US consumers were no longer offered the choice of stylish SONY AMD PCes. Joe Osh could have bought a AMD SONY for $1000, instead he had to buy an Intel SONY for $2000. Intel's foreign anti-competitive behaviour thus have direct effect in both the foreign and domestic x86 markets. AMD's lawsuit in US seeks to address such effects in the US under US law, while AMD's lawsuit in Japan addresses the effects in Japan.

Judging from Judge Farnan's ruling, AMD failed to deliver the simple message above, instead, AMD's arguments were quite abstract.

While some Intelers are cheering, they have to understand this is just the original complaint. As AMD uncovers more evidence through discovery, it will leave to amend its complaint and may add these back in.

I don't have a JD. But I tell you, I can devise an argument to bring about a certain result with the rules and the facts. That's why I can be better than most lawyers -- liberal arts people who lack logic most of the time.

People have been seeing apples falling for millions of years, only Newton discovered gravity. Why? You can have all the facts, but you have to use them correctly...
Well, i guess now that AMD's lawyers didn't listen to Sharikooooo, he better revise his theory about Intel going t!ts-up. Had they listened to him, Intel (as we know it) would have been a distant memory. :roll: