X800GTO R430...

picilo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Ive been trying to find answers in FAQ's, and online guides... But i just cannot get ATITOOL, or Nvidia monitor to work. Im trying to get some basic monitoing software that will give me temps on my CPU and GPU. So i down loaded the monitoring software made for my motherboard, and the temp function will not work. Same thing with ATITOOL, there is no option on the drop down box where every one says its located. I have even tried downloading 3-4 different versions of the utility. Basically none of the monitoring software i download will work. Oh, and my ATITOOL does not have a 2D or 3D field to create a profile. At this point i just need a friend to help me out with understanding why all my attemps have failed. Here are my system specs.

Raidmax case
Thermaltake 430 PSU
939 ABIT K8n nforce 4 chipset
AMD 3200 venice overclocked to 2.25 Ghz
1GB patriot dual channel RAM (2.5)
Radeon x800gto (256mb, 256-bit, 12PP, and the core is R430)
WD 80GB SATAII hard drive
NEC DL DVD burner

picilo

trinitron64

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
hmm
if you load up ati tool's log file... it should say if your temp sensors are being initiated or not.

That would be useful information to guide you into the direction you seek.

Be careful though, R430 isn't the greatest clocker.

oaksmokedbacon

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
sounds like you need to install the drivers for your card.

You need these for any options to adjust the 2d/3d as well as register temps and the OC facilities.

Try seeing if you mobo drivers are uptodate as well that will maybe help you with your other temp monitioring problems