Sign in with
Your question

BEST WAY TO HAVE CASE FANS\ need Temp drop!!!

Last response: in Overclocking
September 27, 2006 4:19:27 PM

[/b]If you have a 120mm fan in the back and a 120mm fan in the front of the case, is it better to have both of them facing in one direction, or to have them in opposite directions?

Which would decrease the Temp. in the case more?

More about : case fans temp drop

September 27, 2006 4:26:57 PM

Quote:
If you have a 120mm fan in the back and a 120mm fan in the front of the case, is it better to have both of them facing in one direction, or to have them in opposite directions?

Which would decrease the Temp. in the case more?
[/b]

<<<<Back<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Front<<< (air flow). Arrange the intake and exhaust fans in this confiruration.
Related resources
September 27, 2006 5:36:47 PM

Thanks guys!!
September 27, 2006 5:53:54 PM

You know I've always wanted to play with a configuration where I had 3 120mm fans in the bottom of the case sucking air up from the bottom and 3 120mm fans at the top pushing air out.. hot air rises, I figured it would be most effecient... but that's just me.. any comments on that config would be helpful to me as well :) 

EDIT:

A visual of this would be:

| TOP FAN | | TOP FAN | | TOP FAN |

^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^

| BOTTOM | | BOTTOM | | BOTTOM |
September 28, 2006 12:25:39 AM

Heck-of-a-lot of experience in a breif statement, :wink:
March 10, 2008 9:45:39 PM

So I have a Cooler Master Stacker which has 1 front intake fan, 1 rear exhaust fan, side case fans and a 'ceiling' fan. It says you can have up to 3 front fans, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Obviously the front is "in" and the back is "out". I'm inclined to turn my PSU upside down so that fan is on top, because there's room above it to go out the top, then PSU heat isn't blowing onto my mainboard. That means the top fan would be out.

So: IN - 1 front, OUT - 2, back, top.

Question: should I have all four of my side fans blowing in? They'd be blowing straight down to the mainboard. If I do that, should I leave the front fan blowing in, too? That would make:

IN - 4, 3 side fans (one comes off for my VGA),1 front
OUT - 2, 1 back, 1 top.

Or would it be better to have 3 in (side) and 3 out (front, back, top)?

I hope that makes sense: I'll summarize. Which is best?

1) 4 in: 3 side, 1 front; 2 out: 1 back, 1 top.
2) 3 in: 3 side; 3 out: 1 back, 1 top, 1 front.

Or if there's a better config, let me know!

Thanks
March 11, 2008 4:34:45 AM

The front single fan is mainly used for cooling the HDs, so keep it so it's blowing in.

You should fill up all 4 side case fans, all blowing into the case. This way all the components will cool down a lot more (My experience -> 5C drop).

The rear fan should be blowing out, along with the PSU. The top fan is almost useless, but to balance things out, I'd make it go out. Hopefully you have a vidcard that expels heat out your case so you can achieve a better balance in pressure inside the case.
March 11, 2008 8:55:17 PM

There is no fan on the back/front of the PSU (where the plug is), so the best I can do is have it blow up. And the EVGA 8800 GTS does blow out the back of the card.
March 12, 2008 12:11:34 AM

That's fine, there won't be any notable difference.
March 13, 2008 7:41:16 PM

You can always put 2x 120mm fans on the bottom by taking off the air vent and have them blowing outwards, should reduce a bit of dust intake too.
!