hi
i have epson c60 inkjet printer, i got it from a friend who used it
before me he said it just need new ink and it will work,i used new
compatible cartridges (colour labs) and what is happening that it
prints in blue only ,no red ,faint yellow and black .
some said using original ink will make it work but i donot know ,should
i do something to make it work? is there a software or certain steps to
make it work or it is clogged?
i am thankful for any advice
much obliged

--
alipik

How about running the cleaning utility?

"alipik" <alipik.1vq9vr@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message

> hi
> i have epson c60 inkjet printer, i got it from a friend who used it
> before me he said it just need new ink and it will work,i used new
> compatible cartridges (colour labs) and what is happening that it
> prints in blue only ,no red ,faint yellow and black .
> some said using original ink will make it work but i donot know ,should
> i do something to make it work? is there a software or certain steps to
> make it work or it is clogged?
> i am thankful for any advice
> much obliged
>

> --
> alipik

....if cleaning utillity don't help you, try to use original ink, it will
work much better...

"Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How about running the cleaning utility?
>
> "alipik" <alipik.1vq9vr@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message
>>
>> hi
>> i have epson c60 inkjet printer, i got it from a friend who used it
>> before me he said it just need new ink and it will work,i used new
>> compatible cartridges (colour labs) and what is happening that it
>> prints in blue only ,no red ,faint yellow and black .
>> some said using original ink will make it work but i donot know ,should
>> i do something to make it work? is there a software or certain steps to
>> make it work or it is clogged?
>> i am thankful for any advice
>> much obliged
>>

>> --
>> alipik

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

alipik <alipik.1vq9vr@news.computerbanter.com> wrote:
>hi
>i have epson c60 inkjet printer, i got it from a friend who used it
>before me he said it just need new ink and it will work,i used new
>compatible cartridges (colour labs) and what is happening that it
>prints in blue only ,no red ,faint yellow and black .
>some said using original ink will make it work but i donot know ,should
>i do something to make it work? is there a software or certain steps to
>make it work or it is clogged?
>i am thankful for any advice
>much obliged
>

>--
>alipik

The problem will not be fixed by changing the ink supplier.
Assuming you have tried a couple of cleaning cycles and there is ink in the
cartridges the perform a nozzle check as follows.

Turn off the printer.
Make sure that A4 or Letter size paper is loaded in the sheet feeder.
Hold down the maintenance button (to immediate right of power button) and press
the power button to turn on the printer. Then release only the power button.
When the printer starts the operation check, release the maintenance button.
You should have a good solid print of each colour. If not then you probably
have a clogged print head and in that case e-mail Art Entlich at
e-printerhelp(@)mvps(.)org (remove brackets) and ask him to send you a copy of
his Epson head cleaning manual, be patient, he is a busy man.
Tony

davy

You can always try a 'cleaning cartridge'.

Or ask Art (Arthur Entlich) for his cleaning instructions which he'll
kindly send you free of charge, drop a email requesting cleaning
instructions for your C60 to-:

e-printerhelp@mvps.org. You'll find his post up and down these
pages.

Under no circumstances must you give it more than six cleans in one go
or you'll damage the heads - not my words but Epsons.

Davy

email me for some instructions on correcting this.

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) =@
(dot() = .

Art

Kevin wrote:

> How about running the cleaning utility?
>
> "alipik" <alipik.1vq9vr@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message
>
>>hi
>>i have epson c60 inkjet printer, i got it from a friend who used it
>>before me he said it just need new ink and it will work,i used new
>>compatible cartridges (colour labs) and what is happening that it
>>prints in blue only ,no red ,faint yellow and black .
>>some said using original ink will make it work but i donot know ,should
>>i do something to make it work? is there a software or certain steps to
>>make it work or it is clogged?
>>i am thankful for any advice
>>much obliged
>>

>>--
>>alipik

I don't mind the promotion of my services, but please show my email as
follows to lower the level of spam I receive with that address:

e-printer(at)mvps(dot)org
(at) = @
(dot) = .

This lessens the mining of my email address from spam companies.

Thank you.

Art

Davy wrote:

> You can always try a 'cleaning cartridge'.
>
> Or ask Art (Arthur Entlich) for his cleaning instructions which he'll
> kindly send you free of charge, drop a email requesting cleaning
> instructions for your C60 to-:
>
> e-printerhelp@mvps.org. You'll find his post up and down these
> pages.
>
> Under no circumstances must you give it more than six cleans in one go
> or you'll damage the heads - not my words but Epsons.
>
> Davy

davy

Arthur Entlich said:
I don't mind the promotion of my services,
but please show my email as
> follows to lower the level of spam I receive with that address:
>
> e-printer(at)mvps(dot)org
> (at) = @
> (dot) = .

Sorry Art - will do in future.
Can't see what harm it does.. the meaning is the same and the
spammers only needs to do the same (the way I see it anyway), have I
overlooked something..?

Davy

Arthur Entlich said:
I don't mind the promotion of my services,
> but please show my email as
>> follows to lower the level of spam I receive with that address:
>>
>> e-printer(at)mvps(dot)org
>> (at) = @
>> (dot) = .
>>

> Sorry Art - will do in future.
> Can't see what harm it does.. the meaning is the same and the
> spammers only needs to do the same (the way I see it anyway), have I
> overlooked something..?
>
> Davy

The spammers use automated tools. They don't manually read every news
group.

Arthur Entlich wrote:

> email me for some instructions on correcting this.
>
> e-printerhelp@mvps.org
>
> SNIP
>
> Art
>
> Kevin wrote:
>
>> How about running the cleaning utility?
>>
>> "alipik" <alipik.1vq9vr@news.computerbanter.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> hi
>>> i have epson c60 inkjet printer, i got it from a friend who used it
>>> before me he said it just need new ink and it will work,i used new
>>> compatible cartridges (colour labs) and what is happening that it
>>> prints in blue only ,no red ,faint yellow and black .
>>> some said using original ink will make it work but i donot know ,should
>>> i do something to make it work? is there a software or certain steps to
>>> make it work or it is clogged?
>>> i am thankful for any advice
>>> much obliged
>>>

>>> --
>>> alipik

Most email addresses are collected by bots that are looking for another
with an "@" and a "." in it. They usually will pass up things that are
written more cryptically, or at least that's the theory... who knows.

I would just like to see some really effective legislation, myself.

Art

Arthur Entlich said:
I don't mind the promotion of my services,
> but please show my email as
>
>>follows to lower the level of spam I receive with that address:
>>
>>e-printer(at)mvps(dot)org
>>(at) = @
>>(dot) = .
>>

> Sorry Art - will do in future.
> Can't see what harm it does.. the meaning is the same and the
> spammers only needs to do the same (the way I see it anyway), have I
> overlooked something..?
>
> Davy

davy

Arthur Entlich said:
> I would just like to see some really effective legislation, myself.

A sledgehammer maybe.... how about that for legislation, good enough
for ya ART...?

davy

If it were not for Epson there would be far less problems, relating to
clogging which is not helped by the extortionate prices that are asked
for OEM ink particularly Epson.

Have they done anything about it - Nope, only try to force people into
buying their costly inks for printers that have a high bad to good
print ratio with their threatened court actions. This is clearly why
they sell cheap printers.

As long as people buy Epsons this problem will persist, this
encourages people to by 3rd party inks and refill etc.

Does Epson carry any resposibilities apart from tempting people with
cheap printers that clog, they must be aware of these problem's.

Perhaps someone should try adding anti-freeze....

Davy