Asus Crosshair ROG -Intel Edition

alsamp

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
Hello All,
I just want to give the headsup on the Crosshair. Currently, the board is NF 590 for the AM2 socket. Well according to Asus they will be releasing an intel edition of the board. *See email below*.

Hello Joy Lee, I'm a great fan of the Crosshair motherboard, and of your company which has changed the way people build their computers. I want to build my computer with an Asus Crosshair Motherboard -Intel edition. When will your company produce this wonderful motherboard.

Respectfully.

Hi Mr.,

Thank you very much for your support for ASUS products.

The Corsshair motherboard launch schedule has not yet been confirmed, but it should land in Q4 this year.

We appreciate your interest and wish you an enjoyable experience with our solutions.

Sincerely,
Joy Lee

Hello Joy Lee, and thank-you for your swift reply. I wait without reservation, and with great anticipation for this (Crosshair-Intel edition) my dream motherboard.

May you have a prosperous year.

Sincerely,

Hello All,
I just want to give the headsup on the Crosshair. Currently, the board is NF 590 for the AM2 socket. Well according to Asus they will be releasing an intel edition of the board. *See email below*.

Hello Joy Lee, I'm a great fan of the Crosshair motherboard, and of your company which has changed the way people build their computers. I want to build my computer with an Asus Crosshair Motherboard -Intel edition. When will your company produce this wonderful motherboard.

Respectfully.

Hi Mr.,

The Corsshair motherboard launch schedule has not yet been confirmed, but it should land in Q4 this year.

We appreciate your interest and wish you an enjoyable experience with our solutions.

Sincerely,
Joy Lee

Hello Joy Lee, and thank-you for your swift reply. I wait without reservation, and with great anticipation for this (Crosshair-Intel edition) my dream motherboard.

Sincerely,

Greetings,

Nice. You really write a kick ass, suck up letter.

Sincerely,

Mother Teresa

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Hello All,

Respectfully.

Hi Mr.,

Sincerely,
Joy Lee

Sincerely,

Greetings,

Nice. You really write a kick ass, suck up letter.

Sincerely,

Mother Teresa

lmfao nice dude

I think the Crosshair sucks, its only advantage is that its made for teeny boys who want LEDs in their boards...
Its not the best overclocker in the AM2 arena either. It doesnt have things what would be completly funtional (any on-board error indicator works the same since the back panel still shows some gibberish and you never close a case until the comp is running).
Its a pretty board that ranks somewhat well in its class, yes.
Its very overpriced and filled with marketing hype, YES YES YES.

Now the actual good part of it is that Asus Intel boards are actually the better out there, so hopefully with some luck they will have a kicker product (even that defeating a P5W DH or a P5B Deluxe isnt an easy task).

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Now the actual good part of it is that Asus Intel boards are actually the better out there, so hopefully with some luck they will have a kicker product (even that defeating a P5W DH or a P5B Deluxe isnt an easy task).

>> On the other hand ASUS's AMD boards has never in history taken the top crown in any sector, but always overpriced compared to others more capable.

Wow really? I've always been an intel fanboi and for intel cpu systems Asus are basically the only company to go to for consistent top quality and performance.

I've never had an AMD proc because several of my friends with AMD-based systems always seem to be having odd crashes and stability issues which put me off AMD for life, but I just assumed that Asus AMD boards would have the same quality as their intel stuff. I wonder why not?

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
All I want is the Crosshair R.O.G. for the P5 thats totally what I've been waiting for but if it doesn't have 590sli C55 support, I'll continue waiting. I need a board that's great at serious overclocking. The c19 doesn't look like it stands a chance to c55.

And rwaritsdario:
I think the Crosshair sucks, its only advantage is that its made for teeny boys who want LEDs in their boards...

I've read reviews about the Crosshair and when the leds are on, the system won't boot. You have to have them off during normal opperation, they are only used to see the inside of your case during hardware installation/troubleshooting.

http://tinyurl.com/keeq5
When powering up the board you will be greeted with an array of lights that puts Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind to shame. Ok, not quite, but certainly you will have no need for a night light. The idea is not need a flashlight to look around inside the case during installation, upgrading, or trouble checking. We call it the expansion card landing strip. Tower to expansion card, please follow the blue lights to the To turn them off, you hit the LED button on the IO panel. If you do not the system will not boot up as we found out. Then the EL I/O LCD kicks in, and tells you what it is doing. In our case it was detecting the IDE drives.

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
And rwaritsdario:

I've read reviews about the Crosshair and when the leds are on, the system won't boot. You have to have them off during normal opperation, they are only used to see the inside of your case during hardware installation/troubleshooting.

http://tinyurl.com/keeq5
When powering up the board you will be greeted with an array of lights that puts Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind to shame. Ok, not quite, but certainly you will have no need for a night light. The idea is not need a flashlight to look around inside the case during installation, upgrading, or trouble checking. We call it the expansion card landing strip. Tower to expansion card, please follow the blue lights to the To turn them off, you hit the LED button on the IO panel. If you do not the system will not boot up as we found out. Then the EL I/O LCD kicks in, and tells you what it is doing. In our case it was detecting the IDE drives.

I think a review in pcper.com i read didnt mention anything about it.
But if thats the case then its even better! because it takes away the "bling" factor and only leaves you with the possibily of installing, upgrading and trouble checking in a dark cave without any light whatsoever!

L1m1t

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
I'm very exited about this motherboard, even though it has not been spotted or announced yet and we still don't know alot about it. I hope (and believe) it will have the nVidia C55 (Quad SLI and much better OC'ing than the C19!). Or the Ati RD600, who knows.

I would love to know a release-date that is a little bit more precise. Q4 this year can be anything from tomorrow till the 31st of december, so the month would be nice to know at least. I believe it's somewhere in November that the manufacturers get the C55 (nForce 680 SLI), so it should be here around the end of november if not beginning of December.

The only thing I'd like to know is to what e-mail adress did you mail to? I could'nt find it anywhere myself!

PS: Hope it looks like the Crosshair, cuz it looks killer!