In Win 98 I could go to My comp.>properties>performance to see the percentage
of memory remaining after any period of time working on my pc. How can I see
this percenage in XP?

CTRL+ALT+DELETE, Performance Tab and at bottom is free memory.

"Mbone57" wrote:

> In Win 98 I could go to My comp.>properties>performance to see the percentage
> of memory remaining after any period of time working on my pc. How can I see
> this percenage in XP?

The 'free resources' that you checked out in Win 98 are no longer applicable
to XP.. look to the other post to see memory usage in XP..

"Mbone57" <Mbone57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Win 98 I could go to My comp.>properties>performance to see the
> percentage
> of memory remaining after any period of time working on my pc. How can I
> see
> this percenage in XP?

Right click on the taskbar at the bottom and then click task manager and then
the performance tab. Now all the info at the bottom is what you are looking
for, but unless you understand how and why they relate to each other you
won't know what is going on. Read the article found at the following URL for
a better understanding.

http://www.theeldergeek.com/sizing_the_page_file.htm

"Mbone57" <Mbone57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>In Win 98 I could go to My comp.>properties>performance to see the percentage
>of memory remaining after any period of time working on my pc. How can I see
>this percenage in XP?

What you were looking at in Windows 98 was "free system resources"
which had absolutely nothing to do with the amount of RAM in the
computer or how that RAM was being used.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service