P5W DH Deluxe and E6600 OC Problem

danny_discus

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
Hello everyone, I am needing some assistance with overclocking my E6600. Here are my system specs:

P5W DH Deluxe motherboard with 1405 bios
E6600
Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 RAM
ATI Radeon X1900XTX
ThermalTake 750w Power Supply
ThermalTake Bigwater Cooling System and 5 case fans

Following WUSY's guide for overclocking I can get FSB up to 390 on vCore of 1.4v stable running 1:1 on memory ratio. What I am trying to get to in the end is 400 FSB or more if possible. So here is what I am attempting. I increase all of the FSB, MCH, and ICH voltages to the max and have tried vCore up to 1.55. This setup is not stable at all when running dual instances of Prime95, lasts only 1 to 2 hours. The PCI stuff is at 100 and 33.3 and mem voltage is at 2.1. SPD settings are auto and hyperpath 3 is disabled along with other things as described in the overclocking guide. I have also tried different voltages on the FSB, MCH, and ICH but nothing works. I have read many threads where people are overclocking these to well above 400 FSB on low voltages and am stuck wondering why I am unable to. Also I have read people using MCH at 1.75 and higher but my bios doesn't allow me to so. Also my temps are well above what everyone else has, with 390 FBS at v1.4 I idle in mid 40's with watercooling. I have also lapped the CPU and waterblock with Arctic Silver 5 for compound.

If anyone can throw some tips out there or help guide me to faster speeds I would appreciate it.

danny_discus

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
Would there be a chance that my processor is a bad one? My temps on each core also differ from each other: 1 degree when in 40's and up 5 degrees in the 50's and 60's. What would that mean?

wstcoaster07

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
I was having a lot of the same probs you were having. For some reason many people are able to run the 400fsb with under 1.5v and yet I have to run mine up to 1.55 just to keep it from crashing in windows. However, this also leads to 70c temps when running dual instences of Prime95 torture test. I am still fiddling with a few things and will let you know if I come up with anything (or if anyone lets me know something that solves the issue)
*wusy is a huge help too so look around for his posts