Where to cheaply replace HP 56 (C6656a) cartridge?

Probably an old question here. I have a PSC 1200.

I bridle at the prices HP charges.

Is there a brick-mortar chain or a reliable website where I can get a
remanufactured or off-brand black cartridge? I have googled and have
found it priced at $13.25 + $3.75 shipping. Wonder if somewhere is
better or if I can hit a chain in person, thus eliminating shipping.

Thanks.

These guys just sold me the photo colour cart refills for virtually nothing
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29392-2357-0?uid=18244005&site=0&ver=EOIBSA080805&lk=URL&Item=6804720800

You really do have to learn how to refill that cartridge: It is
exceptionally easy and buying ink in bulk makes a lot of sense if you get
the refilling right when the ink supply is quite that tiny. (See other
threads here for doing this)

<tariq.1.rahim@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> Probably an old question here. I have a PSC 1200.
>
> I bridle at the prices HP charges.
>
> Is there a brick-mortar chain or a reliable website where I can get a
> remanufactured or off-brand black cartridge? I have googled and have
> found it priced at $13.25 + $3.75 shipping. Wonder if somewhere is
> better or if I can hit a chain in person, thus eliminating shipping.
>
> Thanks.

i took a path of less resistance and bought a single remanufactured
cartridge at staples.

it will take me a long time to use it up. i print seldom.