HP Unveils Two New Pavilion Sleekbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hando567

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
Why are there still new 15" laptops coming out with 1366x768? STOP THIS CRAP, GIVE ME HIGH RES!!! Seriously, since getting a Catleap off of ebay I cannot do less than 1080, even on a 13" screen. I got that over a year ago for $350 and now that a $400 tablet (Nexus 10) has a 2560x1600 screen, there is no excuse.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
The reason for the resolution and AMD APU?
Keeps costs down, otherwise the touch version would be around $100 to $150 more, sure everybody wants a flagship ultrabook but the majority of real world sales come from mid-range to low-end, they should sell a boatload to big business doing their next laptop refresh

sweet they are using the amd apus. head good things about them. but hp laptops suck. ive owned plenty and they all would over heat, lets hope they redesigned that part of their laptops.

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
[citation][nom]06yfz450ridr[/nom]sweet they are using the amd apus. head good things about them. but hp laptops suck. ive owned plenty and they all would over heat, lets hope they redesigned that part of their laptops.[/citation]

Their Elitebook division must be separate from their consumer laptop division. The Elitebooks have decent industrial designs clad in aluminium and last forever, are sturdy and pretty zippy. Of course the base model is like $800 bucks though...

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
I have the Envy Sleekbook 6-1010us. Very well built notebook. The Pavalion Sleekbook is cheap plastic and the Envy Sleekbook is Aluminum. By dropping the the Aluminum chassis and probably a few other shortcuts they reduced the price by $100 from $600. The down-side is the medium res screen. Even for this price we should be getting 1080p.

The aluminum shelled hp laptops are even worse haha. Every one I has was aluminum. From dv6-dv7. And an envy you couldn't touch anywhere on them it would be so hot after an hour of use. I'd pefer plastic since it won't hold any heat inside

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]06yfz450ridr[/nom]The aluminum shelled hp laptops are even worse haha. Every one I has was aluminum. From dv6-dv7. And an envy you couldn't touch anywhere on them it would be so hot after an hour of use. I'd pefer plastic since it won't hold any heat inside[/citation]
You're not too bright. First off, your grammar sucks and your spelling is horrid. Second, aluminum transfers heat out of the laptop, whereas plastic keeps it inside. You don't want the heat to stay bottled up inside a laptop. Not to mention the newer laptops are more energy efficient, which reduces how much heat is produced.

Status
Not open for further replies.