M2N-SLi Deluxe--Beeps mean what?!

Kross

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I've got one long beep, two short ones...this pattern repeats in a loop.

No post, power is on.

Tried resetting CMOS several times, one stick of RAM, two sticks, switched slots, nada.

BIOS version 0402 from Asus site. Had been working like a charm until now.

Ideas?

Kross

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I really wasn't doing anything to the video card to make it go crazy though. And the case wasn't even touched to unset it or anything.

I was though messing around in the BIOS...was planning on OC'ing and had only turned down the HT multiplier on the CPU. I was looking through all the options and seeing what was available. then I turned my PEG link for the video card off so the MB wouldn't OC it.

I remember looking through the options I had for the Ram frequency and I am afraid I might've switched that, even though I was making sure I was leaving all the options the way I found them.

I have a question, if I set my Ram frequency at 533MHz in the BIOS by mistake (it is actually 667MHz) would that just completely kill it? It was originally on "Auto" but I was looking at the options and left it at a number to look at the other options it enabled...I might've forgot to turn it back and I think it was 533. That is the only thing I can think of that would've screwed anything up for me.

Like I said, I have reset the CMOS, tried one stick of ram, two, different slots, to no avail. And it is not like I can see the Post screen to actually see the BIOS to make any adjustments.

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
How long did the new BIOS work OK?

Now, you are aware that your new BIOS revision is a beta? I didn't download that version specifically because it was a beta.

Do you have an old video card that you can use to test it?

You may have to send away for a new BIOS chip from Asus, and good luck dealing with their customer support. But this is a last-case scenario.

See if you can possibly go back to BIOS revision 0307. It's what I'm using now in the M2N-SLI Deluxe, and it let me overclock from 5% to 8%, but it's running stockly now.

Kross

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
The Bios actually worked perfectly. I was just in the BIOS looking at the options the other day. I had originally gone in there to turn off the "PEG Link mode".

What I suspect is that while I was looking at all the Ram options, I might've forgotten to put one back to default. I was just trying to familiarize myself with the BIOS so I could overclock stuff down the road.

Anyway, if there WAS an option in the ram settings that I might have left in it was probably the frequency bit that I left at 533 probably. But whatever I did, clearing the CMOS would've still put my back on track with the BIOS at least right?

I mean, it can't be imcompatible hardware, mainly because it worked fine before...and if it were BIOS settings then clearing the CMOS would've fixed that. So the only thing I can think of is *gulp* fried ram or video card?! (which I for the life of me can't think of how it could happen).