hemeid

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
i"am so sorry may be i repeat this thing

i will buy this hardware
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Dual Core Processor

ram: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

MSI NX7950GX2-T2D1GE Geforce 7950GX2 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Dual GPU Video Card

please help me to chosse the motherbord

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
i"am so sorry may be i repeat this thing

i will buy this hardware
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Dual Core Processor

ram: CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

MSI NX7950GX2-T2D1GE Geforce 7950GX2 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Dual GPU Video Card

please help me to chosse the motherbord

Any 975x or 965 chipset will be fine. What you need to decide is if you're going to overclock or not. With DDR2 800, I am guessing you might.

Look for a good 975x chipset based board, since those are said to be the better overclocker boards. The 965 boards are good, but don't OC as well, so I've heard.

Good luck, and that's a nice list of components, too.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
thank for help
i will chosse
now i have problem the motherbord doesnot support the ram
this link for
http://www.giga-byte.com.tw/FileList/MemorySupport/motherboard_memory_ga-965p-dq6.pdf

Not sure about that, since I don't know the model number of your memory. But my P965 intel board said to use 1.8v memory, and I'm using 2.0v memory right now. I might get all kinds of memory issues, but I haven't yet. Not sure what might happen when the memory is undervolted. Maybe some memory problems, or something. Guess I will have to research that now. LOL

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Look on a few pages of this forum, and you will see 10 articles asking the same question...

But my answer... DONT BUY ASUS! that is, unless they upgrade my motherboard...

I hate thoose MOFO's

Mike

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
No $160 Mobo should have so many problems... If only Asus could feel a portion of my anger, they would quickly change their product support...

Yesterday my system shut down because I plugged in a USB device (Logitech Momo Steering wheel) and the system shut down... Crash, no error message, basic hardware level shutdown.

The Momo Steering Wheel is self powered through a supply of its own, so its cannot be any other issue rather then the BIOS... The drivers I am using, and the Momo Wheel has been used for months without a single failure... This is no doubt a Asus defect with USB support on P5B... I expect it to be fixed when Asus decides that if they screw people, that they will turn around and screw them... I am on a personal crusade to lower overall sales of ALL Asus products... and will continue this crusade until the DAY I die.

Mike

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
No $160 Mobo should have so many problems... If only Asus could feel a portion of my anger, they would quickly change their product support...

Yesterday my system shut down because I plugged in a USB device (Logitech Momo Steering wheel) and the system shut down... Crash, no error message, basic hardware level shutdown.

The Momo Steering Wheel is self powered through a supply of its own, so its cannot be any other issue rather then the BIOS... The drivers I am using, and the Momo Wheel has been used for months without a single failure... This is no doubt a Asus defect with USB support on P5B... I expect it to be fixed when Asus decides that if they screw people, that they will turn around and screw them... I am on a personal crusade to lower overall sales of ALL Asus products... and will continue this crusade until the DAY I die.

Mike

Why don't you RMA your motherboard? Seriously.

Asus has made some pretty bad motherboards.. the two worst boards they've ever made are the P4S8X and the A8R-MVP. I own both of them.. horrible boards.

What makes them horrible?

The P4S8X is horrible due to it's supposed support for AGP8X but it's lack of support for AGP8X. It won't run ANY cards at AGP8X, defaults to 4X. Some workarounds were implemented but once AGP8X was activated the system would shut down or freeze intermittently.

The A8R-MVP is horrible due to it's advertised and reviewed super overclocking ability, unfortunatly it's the poorest overclocker I've ever bought. Heck the VCore options are shameful.

Those are the two only Asus products I've never liked. As for other companies, well MSI almost burned down my house so let's just say they're on my blacklist. (MSI K8N Neo3 Platinum).

And don't get me started on Gigabyte's poor AMD boards or Elitegroup (ECS) and there K7S5A (vomits). Although I must admit.. I couldn't keep stock of the K7S5A as that board would fly off the shelves.. it's the best selling motherboard I've ever sold (back when I ran my own PC business).

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006

Mike

Asus has made some pretty bad motherboards.. the two worst boards they've ever made are the P4S8X and the A8R-MVP. I own both of them.. horrible boards.

The P4S8X is horrible due to it's supposed support for AGP8X but it's lack of support for AGP8X. It won't run ANY cards at AGP8X, defaults to 4X. Some workarounds were implemented but once AGP8X was activated the system would shut down or freeze intermittently.

The A8R-MVP is horrible due to it's advertised and reviewed super overclocking ability, unfortunatly it's the poorest overclocker I've ever bought. Heck the VCore options are shameful.

Those are the two only Asus products I've never liked. As for other companies, well MSI almost burned down my house so let's just say they're on my blacklist. (MSI K8N Neo3 Platinum).

And don't get me started on Gigabyte's poor AMD boards or Elitegroup (ECS) and there K7S5A (vomits). Although I must admit.. I couldn't keep stock of the K7S5A as that board would fly off the shelves.. it's the best selling motherboard I've ever sold (back when I ran my own PC business).Should PCChips not be in your hated mobo's list?...They are garbage!! :x

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

Mike

And don't get me started on Gigabyte's poor AMD boards or Elitegroup (ECS) and there K7S5A (vomits). Although I must admit.. I couldn't keep stock of the K7S5A as that board would fly off the shelves.. it's the best selling motherboard I've ever sold (back when I ran my own PC business).Should PCChips not be in your hated mobo's list?...They are garbage!! :x

They are.. :p PC Chips are a part of Elitegroup. CLICK ME!

Introduction
The materials ("Materials") contained in this web site are provided by Elitegroup Computer Systems Co., Ltd. ("ECS") as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. The information contained in this web site is subject to change without notice.By downloading any materials from this site, you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to them, do not use the site or download any materials from it.

Ownership of Materials
The information contained in this web site is copyrighted and may not be copied, modified, reproduced, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in whole or in part without the prior written permission of ECS. Except as expressly provided herein, ECS does not grant any express or implied right to you under any patents, copyrights, trademarks, or trade secret information.

Elitegroup is comprised of ECS, Amptron, Matsonic and PC Chips. All of which SUCK!

sailer

Splendid
ASUS recently came out with a new BIOS that is supposed to solve many of the problems in their early boards DDR2 boards. You might look and see if that will help.

fjohn5068

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
. The 965 boards are good, but don't OC as well, so I've heard.

I have a ab9 pro (965) board and I have had no problems with over clocking. I got a E6600 up to 3.2 ghz (355 mhz fsb) without any glitches so far (knock on wood)