Banding during fast copy

Yesterday i needed to copy b/w 15 pages but i noticed a strange
problem.When i copy in fast mode there are visible horiz lines (first
line ok-second line white etc) in every pass of the cartridge.
Tested the nozzles and were perfect.
Any suggestion?
And something else,does it worth buying the 348 cartridge for photos?
The printer is a hp psc 1610 (my 3rd one!!!)

Thank you very much!
PS:I think i should have buy a canon :(

"giorgos" <_removeit_geocha@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
> Yesterday i needed to copy b/w 15 pages but i noticed a strange
> problem.When i copy in fast mode there are visible horiz lines (first
> line ok-second line white etc) in every pass of the cartridge.
> Tested the nozzles and were perfect.
> Any suggestion?
> And something else,does it worth buying the 348 cartridge for photos?
> The printer is a hp psc 1610 (my 3rd one!!!)

Try an an allignment check?

The quality in fast/draft mode isn't allways very good on most printers. My
HP has a similar "problem". It's ok for text but you get slight banding on
photos.

On 2005-09-22 09:52:13 +0200, "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> said:

> Try an an allignment check?
>
> The quality in fast/draft mode isn't allways very good on most printers. My
> HP has a similar "problem". It's ok for text but you get slight banding on
> photos.

Strangely today has started printing normally again.
The problem was only during fast COPYing,while printing from windows in
draft mode was very good.
I think that this printer is not made like other hp's printers...
Unfortunately this is the 3rd printer that hp sent me..The other two
had have serious mechanical problems

and another issue,my 1610 uses the same carts with the psc 2710 but the
prints are totally different because uses other dithering type to make
the dots.
I can say that is more diffused than 2710 and the fotos lack of resolution :(

> and another issue,my 1610 uses the same carts with the psc 2710 but the
> prints are totally different because uses other dithering type to make the
> dots.
> I can say that is more diffused than 2710 and the fotos lack of resolution :(

The PSC 2710 has an automatic paper type sensor that adjusts for plain paper of
photo paper automatically. I do not believe the 1610 has this capability.
When printing photo's (or anything) with the PSC 1610 make sure you have
selected the proper paper type in the driver. Printing on photo paper with
plain paper settings will result in rather poor results.

Regards,

On 2005-09-23 04:52:27 +0200, "Bob Headrick" <bobh@proaxis.com> said:

> The PSC 2710 has an automatic paper type sensor that adjusts for plain
> paper of photo paper automatically. I do not believe the 1610 has this
> capability.

The sensor exist because there is always an automatic mode to choose or
specify the paper.

> When printing photo's (or anything) with the PSC 1610 make sure you
> have selected the proper paper type in the driver. Printing on photo
> paper with plain paper settings will result in rather poor results.
>
> Regards,

Bob i always specify the paper and never use automatic.
But the results are different between these two printers.I also tried
the 1610's printheads with the 2710 with different results.
The prints that come out from 2710 are more crispy and the dots are
smaller and the dithering isn't so diffused like the 1610.
I think that the quality of the 2710 printer is far better than the
1610 and the strange is that
with my old 6122 (a real workhorse) i take prints that are exactly the
same as the 2710.
Bob how is possible these two printers with the same printhead to have
different type of dithering?

Thank you Bob

TRENDING THREADS