Weird printing problem (HP PSC2410)

Whenever I print a document, it will print the words/sentences fine.

But it will also print a duplicate sentence above the original, except the
letters are cut off from the bottom (for example an "O" will be a
half-circle).

This also happen when I try to copy a document, so it's the printer itself.

I tried putting new ink cartridges in (as well as printing with the color
cartridges as opposed to black) but it doesn't work.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? Or how to fix it?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about weird printing problem psc2410

    [This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent
    to the cited author.]

    In article <P3CYe.93$m03.44825@twister.nyc.rr.com>, oozy@yahoo.com
    says...
    > Whenever I print a document, it will print the words/sentences fine.
    >
    > But it will also print a duplicate sentence above the original, except the
    > letters are cut off from the bottom (for example an "O" will be a
    > half-circle).
    >
    > This also happen when I try to copy a document, so it's the printer itself.
    >
    > I tried putting new ink cartridges in (as well as printing with the color
    > cartridges as opposed to black) but it doesn't work.
    >
    > Does anyone know what could be causing this? Or how to fix it?

    If it does it with a built-in copy, then it's something inthe
    printer's electronics that is fried.

    Have you also tried printing one of the built-in reports from the
    printer's menu?

    law!!
    http://home.att.net/~andyross

    "Oozy" <oozy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I print a document, it will print the words/sentences fine.
    >
    > But it will also print a duplicate sentence above the original, except the
    > letters are cut off from the bottom (for example an "O" will be a
    > half-circle).
    >
    > This also happen when I try to copy a document, so it's the printer itself.
    >
    > I tried putting new ink cartridges in (as well as printing with the color
    > cartridges as opposed to black) but it doesn't work.
    >
    > Does anyone know what could be causing this? Or how to fix it?

    There are some shared control lines between the black and color cartridges. It
    is possible that a bad color cartridge is causing the problem. I would try
    removing the color cartridge and then printing (not copying) a text page. (I
    *think* the PSC 2410 will print with a single cartridge, but will not copy.)
    If this fixes the problem you will need to replace the color cartridge. Check
    its warranty date as shown at:
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bua02014
    If the cartridge is the problem and still within its two year warranty then
    contact HP for a replacement.

    If printing with just the black cartridge has the same problem then you will
    probably need to have the printer serviced. Before that step please post your
    results, there are some internal tests that may help diagnose this problem.

    Regards,

Printers Document Hewlett Packard Peripherals