Canon IP3000 wrong landscape printing

Hello all,
I have a Canon Pixma IP3000 which first worked flawlessly.
Operating system is Windows XP Pro with all available updates.
As I yesterday printed a Word document which starts in portrait and has
some pages set to landscape, the printer printed the landscape pages in
turned by 180°. The same document had printed OK some weeks before. Same
with a test document created from scratch for testing switching from
portrait to landscape.
Same document prints correctly on HPLJ4000 (with pcl as well as PS
driver), on another PS printer, and on the Adobe Acrobat distiller.

But when printing from Adobe Acrobat, the Canon IP3000 prints the
landscape pages correctly.

Because some weeks ago I upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003, I first
suspected that Word 2003 was the reason, so I uninstalled Word 2003 and
re-installed Word 2000 - same effect. I then found a document with
correcly printed landscape page which was printed after upgrade to Word
2003, so Word 2003 could not be the reason.

I also uninstalled the Canon printer driver and reinstalled, using the
latest driver from the Canon download area, also this didn't solve the
problem.

I phoned the Canon hotline which told me this were a defect in the
printer and I had to send it to the repair service. I cannot believe
this, as landscape orientation is correct when printing from Acrobat.

Does anyone know if there is a switch in Word or in the printer driver,
perhaps in the windows registry, which controls this behavior?

--
email me: change "nospam" to "w.hennings"
Wilfried Hennings c./o.

It does not appear that there is a defect with the printer. If there
was you would have the same problem with Adobe Acrobat. One thing that
may or may not work is to reboot just before you print with Word. This
could also happen if you Word document has some corruption in it that
you cannot see. Create a new word document and create one or two
portrait then landscape then portrait pages and test the results. If
that is ok then copy and paste the information into that tested document
and see what happens.

Wilfried Hennings wrote:

>Hello all,
>I have a Canon Pixma IP3000 which first worked flawlessly.
>Operating system is Windows XP Pro with all available updates.
>As I yesterday printed a Word document which starts in portrait and has
>some pages set to landscape, the printer printed the landscape pages in
>turned by 180°. The same document had printed OK some weeks before. Same
>with a test document created from scratch for testing switching from
>portrait to landscape.
>Same document prints correctly on HPLJ4000 (with pcl as well as PS
>driver), on another PS printer, and on the Adobe Acrobat distiller.
>
>But when printing from Adobe Acrobat, the Canon IP3000 prints the
>landscape pages correctly.
>
>Because some weeks ago I upgraded from Word 2000 to Word 2003, I first
>suspected that Word 2003 was the reason, so I uninstalled Word 2003 and
>re-installed Word 2000 - same effect. I then found a document with
>correcly printed landscape page which was printed after upgrade to Word
>2003, so Word 2003 could not be the reason.
>
>I also uninstalled the Canon printer driver and reinstalled, using the
>latest driver from the Canon download area, also this didn't solve the
>problem.
>
>I phoned the Canon hotline which told me this were a defect in the
>printer and I had to send it to the repair service. I cannot believe
>this, as landscape orientation is correct when printing from Acrobat.
>
>Does anyone know if there is a switch in Word or in the printer driver,
>perhaps in the windows registry, which controls this behavior?
>

>--
>email me: change "nospam" to "w.hennings"
>Wilfried Hennings c./o.
>Forschungszentrum (Research Center) Juelich GmbH, MUT
><http://www.fz-juelich.de/mut/index.php?index=3>
>All opinions mentioned are strictly my own, not my employer's.

TRENDING THREADS