Asus p5b onboard problem

daashton

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
I have the asus p5b motherboard with on-board soundmax. I know it sucks, but I'm getting a few problems with my sound, in games for the most part. The first problem is that it just won't play some sounds every now and then, it drops them. This I can deal with because I didn't have to pay for a sound card.

The second and bigger problem came out when I started playing Oblivion. Whenever there are lots of different sounds going on at the same time, the speakers will emit loud pops and cracks, like someone did a terrible job ripping a cd. This I can't stand, and if it means getting a new sound card, I will do it.

My question is, what price range card will fix this problem without me wasting a lot of money? I could really care less about sound quality, I just want something that will fix both these problems without me costing too much.

rquinn19

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
installed the newest sound drivers a week ago it did nothing but installed the newest bios and it seems to have fixed my problem. i also plugged in the spdif/out to my receiver (although i never use it) around the same time so that might've done it too, but i no longer have any problems with the sound

TRENDING THREADS