Why do I need the darn Sun Jave for a program?

peterm

Why do I need Sun Jave for one of our programs to run? Isn't there another
way to get around it? We need to disable Sun Java in the "ADVANCED" tab
in "INTERNET OPTIONS" under TOOLS. However, another program will not work at
that time. Is there a way I can click on an icon to "check" the Sun Java
setting, or take it off? The problem is that the regular users are locked
out of that option to change the setting. I have admin privileges and can
log on as an administrator and change it. I wished I can also click that
option w/o logging off first and then on again as a administrator. Any help
is very very much appreciated............Peter

pop

"PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
| Why do I need Sun Jave for one of our programs to run? Isn't
there another
| way to get around it? We need to disable Sun Java in the
"ADVANCED" tab
| in "INTERNET OPTIONS" under TOOLS. However, another program
will not work at
| that time. Is there a way I can click on an icon to "check" the
Sun Java
| setting, or take it off? The problem is that the regular users
are locked
| out of that option to change the setting. I have admin
privileges and can
| log on as an administrator and change it. I wished I can also
click that
| option w/o logging off first and then on again as a
administrator. Any help
| is very very much appreciated............Peter

You have to have it because that's how the application was
written.