Sign in with
Your question

Possible to build UMPC like OQO

Last response: in Systems
September 29, 2006 2:14:12 AM

Well for some reason I have got it into my head that it may be possible to build a UMPC similar to what can be found with an oqo

www.oqo.com/hardware/usage

I have transmeta cpu's but I don't think I can get boards for them so the only thing that can be used are those low powered celerons or the via eden's which I think are the same thing as the C7.

What I want to know is how powerful are these cpu's because from what I have read they aren't powerful enough to decode mpeg 4 encoded movies.

If anyone could shed some light on the perforamce, power consumption and physical size I would be most appriative :) 

More about : build umpc oqo

September 29, 2006 2:48:31 AM

what about epia's i think they have nano itx but i think they are the ones that have really bad performance?
September 29, 2006 12:20:45 PM

Does anyone know if I can get hold of some benchmarks for them apart from the mini-itx.com site because they are all a little confusing.

looking around on the net i estimate that the latest epia is rougly the same power as a p3 450. Which is a little slow for what I need. Looks like I will be having to use eden's then.

Anyone know a good place to buy an eden?
Related resources
!