Several odd Graphics card problems

notquitehere188

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
Ok, my graphics card is having oodles of problems, its an X1900 XT 256 MB
ATiTool does not seem able to detect its clock rates
AtiTool says the memory bus width is 64 bits
When i play COD2, or Far Cry, i get strange effects along the bottom and left side
UT2004 has some very strange artifacting, a square of some sort appears around me on the ground
i am really quite afraid of what else might be wrong

I am going to try re-installing the drivers, though i just installed 6.9 yesterday

EDIT AtiTool also reports only 8 pipelines

sprite

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
If your having that many problems then RMA the card. But it could also be currupt drivers.

I agree, try reinstalling drivers and if that doesnt work just send the card back as faulty. Definitely shouldn't be having that many problems. Where did you buy it from btw ?

Slava

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2002
If your having that many problems then RMA the card. But it could also be currupt drivers.

I agree, try reinstalling drivers and if that doesnt work just send the card back as faulty. Definitely shouldn't be having that many problems. Where did you buy it from btw ?

Just be sure to completely remove current drivers and all ATI software and program folders before you reinstall drivers.

Also, get the manufacturer's part number and/or seiral number from your video card and look it up online to make sure that it is actually a X1900 XT 256Mb. Who knows, maybe some evil person stuck a different card in the box.

Did you buy it open box/OEM or was it a retail package?

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
I agree. To the OP, go to add/remove programs, click on ATI uninstall utility, and remove. You should alos download and use Driver Cleaner Pro once you've removed your ATI drivers, just to make sure you've completely removed all old driver components. Some of your problems seem a bit fishy, so I would definitely double check to make sure you got what you paid for.

4745454b

Titan
I had some of these issues when I bought my x1800xt. ATItool couldn't make heads or tails of it. I had to use the beta for it to be seen correctly. Try using traytools (?) or some other program for overclocking.

As for your video problems, my first guess is psu issues. I didn't have any video quality issues so I'm wondering about the power your card is recieving.