My g4 tower turns on. I get the apple with the circle thing. And then it shuts

I have a g4 tower 2004. It turns on. I get the apple on the screen. N then it shuts off. Or sometimes it will just say restart comp. Please help. I need to make my music.thanks
10 answers Last reply
More about tower turns apple circle thing shuts
  1. Check the troubleshooting steps on the link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA25411?viewlocale=en_US

What specific G4 do you have?
  2. Im not sure. Its from 2003 or 2004. ,os x 10. sumtin
  3. Did you go through the steps in the link yet?
  4. Maybe Tim Cook can help you. apple questions aren't allowed on tomshardware
  5. Most likely the PSU or motherboard is dead/dying. The motherboard could have some defective components due to age/heat/wear (i.e., capacitors) which WILL cause this symptom. Similar issues in the PSU results in the same symptoms.

You can try to take a look at the board/PSU yourself, but those G4's weren't the most friendly to service.
  6. I dont have that cd or an internet connection
  7. I should just suck.it up n purchase a new one
  8. Fredricklandrum said:
    I should just suck.it up n purchase a new one

Given the age of the g4, wouldn't be a bad idea. Even a puny mac mini these days would be terrifically powerful compared to what you had...
  9. Thanks dude . Appreciate it
  10. Maxx_Power said:
    Given the age of the g4, wouldn't be a bad idea. Even a puny mac mini these days would be terrifically powerful compared to what you had...

This is VERY true. While the G4 was great back in the day. It is based on ancient technology by modern standards.

It may simply be time to put her out to pasture.
Ask a new question

Read More

Music Apple Mac OS X