aron

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004

Can't change Permission on a shared folder to any Domain user. I setup a
shared folder. Give it a name, click on Permission Button. On the Share
Permission window I click on the Add button to add a domain user. on the
Select Users or Group window I click on the Location Button to change to the
Domain only it's not there. The only thing there is the local machine.
Also have tried using Control Panel/Admin tools, but get the same thing.
Back ground info... OS XP Pro w/ DHCP network with Domain. File and Print
Sharing - on. Simple file sharing - off. Network is working fine, can see all
other Computers and Domain/Logon server (W2K). Can get e-mail and get on the
Internet. As well as print to a network Printer.

So how do I setup Domain user on the shared folder?

mikaela

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
Any solution ??
please.....

Can't change Permission on a shared folder to any Domain user. I setup a
shared folder. Give it a name, click on Permission Button. On the Share
Permission window I click on the Add button to add a domain user. on the
Select Users or Group window I click on the Location Button to change to the
Domain only it's not there. The only thing there is the local machine.
Also have tried using Control Panel/Admin tools, but get the same thing.
Back ground info... OS XP Pro w/ DHCP network with Domain. File and Print
Sharing - on. Simple file sharing - off. Network is working fine, can see all
other Computers and Domain/Logon server (W2K). Can get e-mail and get on the
Internet. As well as print to a network Printer.

So how do I setup Domain user on the shared folder?

mrfatbox

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
is the pc/laptop a member of the domain

if not you will not be able to search for domain users

what as you want them to connect to lets call it file A for now from a domain they need a password to access the PC with A on it

you could just share the foler to every one see if that will work but that is not wat you want

so here it is step by step

1) create and share folder e.g. c:\myshare$

2) create a account of you computer (e.g. domainAccess)

3) give add this account to the folder Permissions and security setup.

4) now from domain pc/laptop open the pc and file e.g. \\MyPC\MyShare$

5) enter password for account ceated in step 2