disk cleanup question

hi, i noticed today when i did a disk cleanup that there is a box
(unchecked) that says windows 98/ME..since i am on windows xp should
this be there? i didn't do anything with it but was wondering about it.
this is a computer that i got from a family member and she installed
windows xp.
thanks in advance for any info.
gail

hp pavilion 7920
30 GB
128 MB SDRAM Memory
Windows XP sp1

Hi

Was the system upgraded from either Win me or 98? If you check it, what
disk space does it report that could be freed-up?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Gail B" <GailsShed@webtv.net> wrote in message
> hi, i noticed today when i did a disk cleanup that there is a box
> (unchecked) that says windows 98/ME..since i am on windows xp should
> this be there? i didn't do anything with it but was wondering about it.
> this is a computer that i got from a family member and she installed
> windows xp.
> thanks in advance for any info.
> gail
>
> hp pavilion 7920