jamesgoddard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
I got my Celeron D 356 yesterday - and straight out of the box with stock cooling and voltage it will hit 4.5GHz (well it even hit 4.75 but not very stable)...

Many people want to knock the Celerons these days - but for the price I think that they are good. This CPU will do me until the mainstream C2Q come online, and I won’t be crying at throwing out a £40 CPU... Rememebr this is the same 512 cache of a P4 just over a year ago.

Anyone else using these little chips?

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
I got my Celeron D 356 yesterday - and straight out of the box with stock cooling and voltage it will hit 4.5GHz (well it even hit 4.75 but not very stable)...

Many people want to knock the Celerons these days - but for the price I think that they are good. This CPU will do me until the mainstream C2Q come online, and I won’t be crying at throwing out a £40 CPU... Rememebr this is the same 512 cache of a P4 just over a year ago.

Nice results. :)

1. What mobo are you using?

2. What are the temps at stock/4.5GHz?

jamesgoddard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005

Nice results. :)

1. What mobo are you using?

2. What are the temps at stock/4.5GHz?

1: Asus P5W

2: About 50C at idle - not had time to do anything too stressful yet...