Sign in with
Your question

nVIDIA Killer chipset for Intel coming soon!

Last response: in CPUs
September 29, 2006 12:21:00 PM

Quote:
C55+ MCP55 is clearly the chipset that many Intel Enthusiasts is waiting for since NVIDIA scrapped the nForce 590 SLI chipset plans. It gonna be excellent for overclocking from what we heard and retail boards are coming in by end November. We can see clearly that NVIDIA is pushing it hard for November availability/launch, a month where many new products such as Kentsfield, Clovertown, G80 going to be announced. C55+MCP55 sports SLI x16 with a total of 50 PCIe lanes in 22/4 + 28/6 configs. It supports DDR2 800, 1333FSB, 6 x SATA2, dual GbE, HT 1.0, 10 USB, HD-Audio.

http://www.vr-zone.com/index.php?i=4087
September 29, 2006 1:13:43 PM

SLI for me depends totally on whats better... the G80 or R600...

Otherwise, the 975X works just fine for me.
September 29, 2006 1:27:26 PM

Quote:
Ahhhhh....just in time. 2 months after the release of core 2 duo.

Intel has been enjoying the chipset monopoly. They purposely released core 2 early forcing everyone to buy there chipsets. Then proceeded to charge so much good mobos cost $250. What a joke.

I bought a Nforce5 mobo the day AM2 was released.

MrsFUD,

Core 2 Duo is compatible with other older chipsets also, not only with Intel chipset like you are missinformed or like you are spreading FUD. Also Intel don't really care about their chipsets and they are letting other companies like nVIDIA, ex ATi, VIA, ex ALi/ULi and SIS to make chipsets for their CPUs, like they are letting other companies like Asus, Abit, MSI, Gigabyte and many others to produce mainboards for their platforms.
For example:
ASRock 775Dual-VSTA Socket T (LGA 775) VIA PT880 PRO
costs $55 and it supports DDR, DDR2, AGP x8, PCIe x16 and supports Core 2 Duo offcourse.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813157092

BTW, No one cares what you have bought really.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2006 1:31:45 PM

Quote:
Ahhhhh....just in time. 2 months after the release of core 2 duo.

Intel has been enjoying the chipset monopoly. They purposely released core 2 early forcing everyone to buy there chipsets. Then proceeded to charge so much good mobos cost $250. What a joke.

I bought a Nforce5 mobo the day AM2 was released.

Oh yeah I can see your leet system is running an uber Sempron64. Wowzers! All Hail Queen Biatch! You certainly have a right to judge Core 2's :roll:

AM2 is a crap platform. It's a stopgate much like socket 754 was. K8L will need a new chipset supporting HT3.0. AM2 will be good for the entire 65nm AM2 K8 lineup but that's about it.
September 29, 2006 2:02:43 PM

Man, we're freaking harsh in this forum. I mean, we all know MrsDumbass is just jealous because he's a bum sitting in his parents house with no money to buy the core 2 duo and the high-end mobo's, but no need to jump on him and pound on what he says.

As to MrsDumbass, did it occur to you that people might have bought the 975X chipset because of its superior overclocking features, and the 965 chipset for its improved southbridge? The AsRock has been available for quite a while too, and that isin't an Intel chipset last time I checked.

While your bashing on these companies, might as well bash on Apple also, for not releasing sizes of new iPod's so people are forced to buy their crappy cases. Or bash on nVidia, for not allowing others to run SLI.

Suck it Trebet. Suck it long, suck it hard.
September 29, 2006 2:24:56 PM

Quote:
What's even funnier is when you support nVidia you're now actually supporting Intel since ATi has been bought by AMD! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Fukwit

Actually that works for me. It keeps all the worst products together in one place now.

Intel cpus are significantly faster than AMDs and Ati have never been able to write as good drivers as nVidia, especially on Linux.
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2006 3:00:53 PM

Quote:
What's even funnier is when you support nVidia you're now actually supporting Intel since ATi has been bought by AMD! :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Fukwit

Actually that works for me. It keeps all the worst products together in one place now.

Intel cpus are significantly faster than AMDs and Ati have never been able to write as good drivers as nVidia, especially on Linux.

Not entirely true. AMD had significantly faster CPU's for 3 Years while ATi drivers are more stable then nVIDIA drivers under Windows (stated by Microsoft). There are more bugs that remain unfixed in nVIDIA drivers then ATi drivers. Also ATi's Catalyst is on a monthly cycle with Microsoft WHQL certified drivers each month. nVIDIA, on the other hand, release (or supposedly leak) BETA driver after BETA driver after BETA driver, having the community be the guinea pig and fixing issues before they release a full WHQL set each 3-6months (and then claim they contain less bugs.. no sh!t, you've released 1-3 unstable BETA sets in the meantime that were tested by gamers).

In the end, this has benefited ATi of course this does not apply to Linux. ATi drivers are close but still not up to par under Linux. But then again Linux commands a VERY, Microscopic minuscule corner of the market.

So no company "OWNS" the market. Things change, each company has it's ups and downs. It just so happens that C2D is superior to K8 in everyway, but then again... Intel better not sit on there laurels.
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2006 3:33:37 PM

Quote:
Also the image quality between ATi and nVidia top-end cards are day and night. At same performance, ATi is simply far superior not to mention they've got best performance/$ absolutely sercured with X1900XT and X1900XT 256MB.

It's going to take a lot of work from nVidia to beat R600 with G80 as well.

Ahh I love people who post facts... :) 

Of couse that's not to say nVIDIA doesn't have advantage's over ATi. Mainly OpenGL performance and nVIDIA's SLI tends to be easier to use and does not need a Dongle or a dedicated "Master" card. But, R600 will change this.

That's not to say Crossfire doesn't hold advantages. The reason I went Crossfire is for the reasons you stated Wusy but going further it was BECAUSE of the master card's extra features that I went Crossfire. Mainly the inclusion of two parallel Compositing Engines which enable me to use high levels of AA and AF with little to no performance hit. The same Super AA settings on an SLI setup brings the Frame Rates to a crawl.

I'm a performance and image quality kind of guy. I love my AA and AF.

Of course I believe nVIDIA will rectify some of there short comings with the G80.
September 29, 2006 4:18:57 PM

Quote:

Fukwit

Surely you're supporting nVidia not Intel? :S. I wonder if Intel will make some kind of agreement with nVidia. Imagine, 45nm Graphics cards while ATI are still on 65nm.
September 29, 2006 4:25:28 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Fukwit

>>> AMD had significantly faster CPU's for 3 Years

"Had" is the keyword there. I don't care about where they used to be. They are still charging near $800 for an fx-62 which gets eaten alive on performance by a $180 core2 6300.

>> while ATi drivers are more stable then nVIDIA drivers under Windows

Baloney. I've had nVidia cards since 3DFX went bust and NEVER had a problem with their drivers under windows. I also use Linux. ATI haven't even ever bothered to make a linux driver for their GPU in my 3 yr old laptop. nVidia support all their hardware, even the old stuff under Linux.

>>In the end, this has benefited ATi of course this does not apply to Linux. ATi drivers are close but still not up to par under Linux.

That is not true. On Linux, ATI GPUs have MUCH less performance and loads of compatability issues, mostly down to their crappy drivers. nVidias Linux drivers are rock-solid and 3D graphics are usually as fast if not faster than windows.

I'm not an nVidia fanboy, I'm just going with the best for what I do and would consider ATI if their Linux drivers were better. Its not an option right now though.

>> But then again Linux commands a VERY, Microscopic minuscule corner of the market.

Maybe in your world. I earn my living as a Linux software developer.
September 29, 2006 4:47:09 PM

Awesome! So you owned nothing but nVidia cards are you are now the authority on ATi

That makes loads of sense as an argument and is not a fallacy at all!

I guess my 9800pro sucked and my new X1800XT 512MB card must suck as well.

The fact that ATi cards can actually allow you to slide video overlays from one display to another seamlessly (which nVidia drivers don't) must also account for their driver suckness.

The fact they can force older HDTV displays to 720p and 1080i (which nVidia can't) must suck as well

And I guess the fact you are developing for such a common OS for desktop gaming makes you the guy to ask about gaming products.....
a b à CPUs
September 29, 2006 6:58:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Fukwit

"Had" is the keyword there. I don't care about where they used to be. They are still charging near $800 for an fx-62 which gets eaten alive on performance by a $180 core2 6300.

Baloney. I've had nVidia cards since 3DFX went bust and NEVER had a problem with their drivers under windows. I also use Linux. ATI haven't even ever bothered to make a linux driver for their GPU in my 3 yr old laptop. nVidia support all their hardware, even the old stuff under Linux.

>>In the end, this has benefited ATi of course this does not apply to Linux. ATi drivers are close but still not up to par under Linux.

That is not true. On Linux, ATI GPUs have MUCH less performance and loads of compatability issues, mostly down to their crappy drivers. nVidias Linux drivers are rock-solid and 3D graphics are usually as fast if not faster than windows.

I'm not an nVidia fanboy, I'm just going with the best for what I do and would consider ATI if their Linux drivers were better. Its not an option right now though.

>> But then again Linux commands a VERY, Microscopic minuscule corner of the market.

My world? Yeah, because I live in reality.
2005 Operating System Marketshare

Look at how much Marketshare Linux command.. an astounding 0.47%!

Also worth noting that ATi drivers have improved dramatically in Linux. Tom's and Anandtech have released articles on teh subject. They're not as good as nVIDIA's.. but damn close.

nVIDIA drivers are subpar for Windows. What I told you is true. Most of there drivers are BETA unstable kits. They release WHQL drivers once in a blue moon. This is one of ATi's strengths. If you were a user of both companies (as Wusy and I are) you would understand this.
September 29, 2006 10:05:23 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Fukwit

My world? Yeah, because I live in reality.
2005 Operating System Marketshare

Look at how much Marketshare Linux command.. an astounding 0.47%!

Also worth noting that ATi drivers have improved dramatically in Linux. Tom's and Anandtech have released articles on teh subject. They're not as good as nVIDIA's.. but damn close.

nVIDIA drivers are subpar for Windows. What I told you is true. Most of there drivers are BETA unstable kits. They release WHQL drivers once in a blue moon. This is one of ATi's strengths. If you were a user of both companies (as Wusy and I are) you would understand this.

I've had/have products from both companies, and i have an opinion on this matter.

ATI drivers are very good for performance and video quality, but the interface and regular updates of the nVidia are better. in my opinion.
September 29, 2006 10:55:50 PM

I'm stuck at the hip with nvidia for now until ati decides to support the matrox triplehead. Ati hardware won't display resolutions as high as nvidia so it can't be used with the triple display system. I'd really like to have an x1900xt but can't do it due to this major shortcoming. Nvidia cards have no problems rendering at the 3840x1024 rez that i need for the triplehead....ati is still limited by its drivers again....same old story.
September 30, 2006 1:25:00 AM

Quote:
I'm just doing my job and feeding the troll. Then I'm going to cut it open, boil it and eat all the yummy bits. [/WingDing]

:p 
September 30, 2006 2:26:23 AM

Quote:
C55+ MCP55 is clearly the chipset that many Intel Enthusiasts is waiting for since NVIDIA scrapped the nForce 590 SLI chipset plans. It gonna be excellent for overclocking from what we heard and retail boards are coming in by end November. We can see clearly that NVIDIA is pushing it hard for November availability/launch, a month where many new products such as Kentsfield, Clovertown, G80 going to be announced. C55+MCP55 sports SLI x16 with a total of 50 PCIe lanes in 22/4 + 28/6 configs. It supports DDR2 800, 1333FSB, 6 x SATA2, dual GbE, HT 1.0, 10 USB, HD-Audio.

Mmmmm, I have talked with the Lead DE for the Bad Axe and Bad Axe 2 motherboards at Intel. He has been helping Nvidia with the design and testing of their C55 motherboards. They have been having problems doing any substantial overclocking when using Kentsfield processors. C55 has been much better than the C19 but I'm betting that the 975 based boards will still have a higher overclock than the C55 based boards. The more he can help Nvidia get a chipset out that really supports Kentsfield and Conroe that helps the overall bottom line for Intel.
September 30, 2006 2:47:15 AM

Sweet news! Just in time for Kentsfield... :D 
September 30, 2006 3:24:55 AM

It is funny to see ATi owners dissing Nvidia products and Nvidia owners dissing ATi...it leaves one wondering just how many of these product experts actually own fully equipped systems with the top end cards for each to compare with :) 

I prefer Nvidia because Historically I have had nothing but problems with ATi....now this is not toatly recent expereince but the problems I had were bad enough to push me into the Nvidia camp and to date, I have had no reason to go back to ATi.

They are both good products and both companies have to keep at it, to stay up near the top, the minute one slips is the minute they disappear forever. Why is everyone trying to be so elitist?
September 30, 2006 7:10:51 AM

Unreal the amount of PCI spaces and memory board wow.but sat a cost of 600.00 or more OMG its going to be a kill on the walet.
September 30, 2006 7:31:28 AM

Well, we all know the way to go.

3DFX FTW!
September 30, 2006 8:24:12 AM

ive had Nvidia since the first TNT's <3

ive never owned an ATI card..

back when the TNT was released ATI didnt have any card to compare for gamers, and its only up until recently they have gotten alot of attention and praises.. with that said.. from what i hear ATI are too slow on releasing gfx drivers, seriously who cares about WHQL ????? ive always been using detonator drivers from Nvidia, and i have had very few problems... ive had nVidia cards for a decade now and they are still ûber imo compared to ATI :) 
September 30, 2006 8:27:46 AM

I first started with a matrox card then the voodoo1 was released,omg the colour's, from that day on 3DFX was the card of choice until they were bought out by Nvidia, then i had no choice but to move on to Nvidia for they had the upper hand on opengl based games which ruled the market back in the day, but over the years i had a fair few driver issues with Nvidia, drivers completely cacking themselves for no reason, reinstall then play again, also had 2 Nvidia cards shite themselves, 1 with a blown red channel so everything was blue or green and the other completely died, so after that i decided to buy a 9800pro, it worked like magic for the last few years and continue's to do so till this day, my son play's bf2 with it atm, my newest card is the asus x1900cf master card and it run's MINT, until i have major issues i dont intend to swap back to Nvidia, i dont have anything against them, i may buy 1 in the future but for now ATI does it for me...
September 30, 2006 8:35:24 AM

Quote:
ive had Nvidia since the first TNT's <3

ive never owned an ATI card..

back when the TNT was released ATI didnt have any card to compare for gamers, and its only up until recently they have gotten alot of attention and praises.. with that said.. from what i hear ATI are too slow on releasing gfx drivers, seriously who cares about WHQL ????? ive always been using detonator drivers from Nvidia, and i have had very few problems... ive had nVidia cards for a decade now and they are still ûber imo compared to ATI :) 

Have you seen ATI's image quality on a DECENT display?

No, thought not.

BTW my main graphics card at the moment is a 7900GT.
September 30, 2006 9:40:03 AM

Quote:
Awesome! So you owned nothing but nVidia cards are you are now the authority on ATi

The fact that ATi cards can actually allow you to slide video overlays from one display to another seamlessly (which nVidia drivers don't) must also account for their driver suckness.

The fact they can force older HDTV displays to 720p and 1080i (which nVidia can't) must suck as well

And I guess the fact you are developing for such a common OS for desktop gaming makes you the guy to ask about gaming products.....

>> Awesome! So you owned nothing but nVidia cards are you are now the authority on ATi

True but I'm a software developer, I use lots of different systems at work, roughly half having ATI GPUS so I have extensive experience of them even if I've never personally chosen to buy ATI for home.

>> I guess my 9800pro sucked and my new X1800XT 512MB card must suck as well.

probably fine under windows but under Linux I'm afraid you're right they do suck compared to the equivalent nVidia card, because ATI's Linux drivers are very basic and dont usually support all the features the hardware has.

>> The fact that ATi cards can actually allow you to slide video overlays from one display to another seamlessly (which nVidia drivers don't) must also account for their driver suckness.

err.. who gives a crap? most people still problaby only have one monitor anyway, and even if they don't they probably don't wanna keep dragging their live video between screens.

>> The fact they can force older HDTV displays to 720p and 1080i (which nVidia can't) must suck as well
IYou're wrong. You obviously haven't heard that you can set up custom display modes with nVidia drivers so you could have any interleaved or non-interleaved resolution like, even non-standard ones.

>>> And I guess the fact you are developing for such a common OS for desktop gaming makes you the guy to ask about gaming products.....

Nope.. but many of the big games ( doom 3, unreal tournament 2004, half life 2 etc) all have Linux versions. Also, ATI's Linux drivers suck so bad you often have problems even getting a basic X display (desktop).The ATI driver problems don't only happen when running games. Never a problem under Linux with nVidias drivers though.
September 30, 2006 10:17:03 AM

Quote:
I saw it in the shop's tech lab personally while working there during holiday.
We had X1800XT and 7800GTX in same speced rigs running latest driver, etc.
FRAP'ed Obilivion for fun @4xAA/16xAF and the image quality difference was astounding. And now there's even AA+HDR which is only avaliable on X1x00 w/ Chuck patch.

Performance/$, image quality, 79x0s doesn't even stand the slightest chance against X19x0s right now. [/of current market]

Agreed there, for my next upgrade i'm waiting for an R600, cos i doubt nvidia will manage to catch up to ATI's image quality in 1 generation.
September 30, 2006 10:24:26 AM

Quote:

>> Awesome! So you owned nothing but nVidia cards are you are now the authority on ATi

True but I'm a software developer, I use lots of different systems at work, roughly half having ATI GPUS so I have extensive experience of them even if I've never personally chosen to buy ATI for home.

probably fine under windows but under Linux I'm afraid you're right they do suck compared to the equivalent nVidia card, because ATI's Linux drivers are very basic and dont usually support all the features the hardware has.

>> The fact that ATi cards can actually allow you to slide video overlays from one display to another seamlessly (which nVidia drivers don't) must also account for their driver suckness.

err.. who gives a crap? most people still problaby only have one monitor anyway, and even if they don't they probably don't wanna keep dragging their live video between screens.

>> The fact they can force older HDTV displays to 720p and 1080i (which nVidia can't) must suck as well
IYou're wrong. You obviously haven't heard that you can set up custom display modes with nVidia drivers so you could have any interleaved or non-interleaved resolution like, even non-standard ones.

>>> And I guess the fact you are developing for such a common OS for desktop gaming makes you the guy to ask about gaming products.....

Nope.. but many of the big games ( doom 3, unreal tournament 2004, half life 2 etc) all have Linux versions. Also, ATI's Linux drivers suck so bad you often have problems even getting a basic X display (desktop).The ATI driver problems don't only happen when running games. Never a problem under Linux with nVidias drivers though.

I have to ask, what the hell did ATI ever do to you?

Spoil your childhood or something?
September 30, 2006 11:11:12 AM

Quote:

Just so you don't make a fool out of yourself again, mate, way more people have multiple monitors than use Linux :) 
September 30, 2006 12:32:44 PM

lmao for the series of x18 and x19, cards of ati, it owns nvidia this generation, obviously their investment in high pixel piplines paid off

this could very easily change for dx10 though, and who needs sli or xfire anyways, the fact is instead of shooting double the money at once for a set up that last long, buy one high end card, then another when dx10a/b/c/d/e comes out or watever
September 30, 2006 4:42:56 PM

Quote:

I have to ask, what the hell did ATI ever do to you?

Spoil your childhood or something?

For me their drivers make the product, I can't stand a clunky driver interface, and I can't stand a incomplete driver that works well with one game but won't run another. Frankly ATI could be 4x faster than Nvidia, but with sub par drivers their cards would never even get to see my case let alone get inside it.
September 30, 2006 5:24:57 PM

Quote:
While it's truly not that big of a deal, I still wish I had that feature in my Nvidia drivers. :( 
Quote:

1) Gamers generally don't play games on Linux.
2) Doom3 actually performs worse on Linux than under a Windoze environment.
3) ATI cards have a wider set of features, something that shouldn't be overlooked. (OpenEXR FP16 with antialiasing, non angle dependent anisotropic filtering, AVIVO)
September 30, 2006 5:30:31 PM

Quote:
SLI and Crossfire never existed in my database since day one. :wink: [/ performance/$ hunter]
For maximum (sensible) performance it has always been operating a single latest greatest high-end card or nothing else.

Same with myself. But the deciding arguement for me is that my single volt modded 7900GT could probably outrun an SLI setup running 2 stock 7900GTs in a fair few benchmarks. Sure the SLI setup would be more powerful overall, but spending £220 for the sake of winning a few more benchmarks? No thanks.
September 30, 2006 6:19:47 PM

Quote:

Fukwit

Thats just retarded, How can people get off by arguing about CPU's? Go hiking or somthing.
September 30, 2006 9:47:12 PM

Quote:

For me their drivers make the product, I can't stand a clunky driver interface, and I can't stand a incomplete driver that works well with one game but won't run another. Frankly ATI could be 4x faster than Nvidia, but with sub par drivers their cards would never even get to see my case let alone get inside it.

ATIs drivers and customer support have always sucked while a lot of their hardwares potential has been mind blowing.

The sad thing is, the past several years ATI as made great strides improving both their drivers and customer support---and theyre both still sub par
October 1, 2006 12:04:13 AM

Quote:

ATIs drivers and customer support have always sucked while a lot of their hardwares potential has been mind blowing.

The sad thing is, the past several years ATI as made great strides improving both their drivers and customer support---and theyre both still sub par

Word.
October 1, 2006 12:42:31 AM

Well, I guess I know my place now, forum newbie...wow, anyway all I am saying is because someone buys nvidia does not mean they support intel at all they support nvidia...intel gets nothing out of that deal, and AMD has stated that they do not plan on not supporting nvidia as an option. I am sorry I am just so tired of hearing certain things flooding these forums....one AMD ownz Core 2 sucks and vice versa, AMD is making a Comeback, AMD is done forever, etc... AND core 2 or AMD? posts... :) 
October 1, 2006 3:32:12 AM

Linux is slowly becoming game friendly. Just not as many as in other groups. But its getting higher.
October 1, 2006 11:33:17 AM

Quote:

Fukwit

Thats just retarded, How can people get off by arguing about CPU's? Go hiking or somthing.
Please exuse me forum newbie, I was just merely feeding one of our forum trolls, MrsBytch.
Those poor things, they get hungry so fast and die of starvation so quickly.

Gotta fatten them up so I an eat them.

Har har har!

Good idea!
October 1, 2006 1:23:18 PM

Quote:

I think you pasted the wrong link. This looks promising...
October 2, 2006 3:48:45 PM

Quote:
If it can break 500Mhz FSB with a success rate of over 80%, only then I'll consider it.

http://www.vr-zone.com/index.php?i=4096
Quote:
We have received some hints from a motherboard engineer who has been testing out overclocking capabilities of the soon-to-be in market ATi RD600 chipset motherboard and NVIDIA C55 chipset motherboard for the Intel platform. RD600 seems capable of hitting 520MHz FSB with the right voltage adjustments, while the new generation NVIDIA MCP C55 lags slightly behind at 510MHz FSB. Both seem to be doing good, and I'm excited just waiting for these boards!

Let's see about the rate, time will tell :) 
October 2, 2006 7:57:50 PM

Quote:

Just so you don't make a fool out of yourself again, mate, way more people have multiple monitors than use Linux :) 

Yeah...and even fewer number of those who have multiple monitors give a fig whether or not video slides over seamlessly when moving from one display to another. Most people realize that the little thing called the edge of the monitor is going to cause a bit of a seam in the video play as you move from one monitor to the other...so the point is rather moot.

peace,
Aielman
October 2, 2006 8:56:40 PM

I've had my fair share of problems with ATI, but nothing like I've with Nvidia's chip sets for the past while. Pure GARBAGE! Problems with on board Ethernet cards, their firewall, their drivers, the the IDE/SATA drivers etc. I've only found two boards where an Nvidia chip set ended up working right after many trials and tribulations, and those were both made by Gigabyte. I would never by another nvidia based mobo.
October 7, 2006 7:54:38 PM

Quote:
I've had my fair share of problems with ATI, but nothing like I've with Nvidia's chip sets for the past while. Pure GARBAGE! Problems with on board Ethernet cards, their firewall, their drivers, the the IDE/SATA drivers etc. I've only found two boards where an Nvidia chip set ended up working right after many trials and tribulations, and those were both made by Gigabyte. I would never by another nvidia based mobo.

Yeah nVidia have only been in the mobo chipset biz for a couple of years or something. Their GPUs are pretty good though, so I'm hoping that they're still learning enough to make big improvements between each chipset, beucase I want the 680.

If their chipsets continue to suck, enthusiasts will start to move away from nVidia GPU's because SLI wiill mean you have to run a crappy mobo.
October 7, 2006 8:31:34 PM

Quote:

If their chipsets continue to suck, enthusiasts will start to move away from nVidia GPU's because SLI wiill mean you have to run a crappy mobo.

What about the Intel chipsets that support SLI? Or am i mistaken in thinking they exist?
October 12, 2006 4:00:27 AM

Quote:

What about the Intel chipsets that support SLI? Or am i mistaken in thinking they exist?

Nope, unless you use some really anicent hacked drivers, nVidias GPU drivers wont' enable SLI unless you're on an nVidia chipset mobo.
!