Kentsfield compatible motherboards

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Anandtech has an article showing which mobos are Kentsfield compatible.

Now, mind you, that these results were from the manufactuers and weren't really tested by Anandtech, and we all know the hassle when Core 2 was first released and how many "Conroe Compatible" motherboards weren't. But if this list is true, then the 975x chipset based boards are not the only ones that should be able to use Kentsfield, but also the 965 chipsets.

Here's the link: Kentsfield compatible motherboard listing

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Since I have the MSI 975X Platinum v2 mobo I'm not surprised my board supports C2Q. It's nice to see many mobos with the 965 chipset will support C2Q for those people who didn't want to spend extra money for the 975 chipset.

The only thing that still bothers me about this list is that none of the Intel made boards are listed. I have the P965, and my friend has the G965 board, and not a single Intel board is there. We assume that the X975XBX board will be able to run it, but what about us? :cry:

pausert20

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Since I have the MSI 975X Platinum v2 mobo I'm not surprised my board supports C2Q. It's nice to see many mobos with the 965 chipset will support C2Q for those people who didn't want to spend extra money for the 975 chipset.

The only thing that still bothers me about this list is that none of the Intel made boards are listed. I have the P965, and my friend has the G965 board, and not a single Intel board is there. We assume that the X975XBX board will be able to run it, but what about us? :cry:

Have faith, I hear that Intel is looking to add official support for the Kentsfield 2.4GHz part that is coming out in Q1 2007. I have run the Kentsfield Extreme processor on a Lemont motherboard and it booted fine. I don't believe it has the specific Kentfield uCode in the Bios but there is enough support now that you can at least boot into Windows.