Force Windows Classic Search using Group Policy

Tags:
  • Policy
  • Configuration
  • Classic
  • Microsoft
  • Registry
  • Windows XP
November 19, 2004 3:11:01 PM

I've done some nice configuration using the group policy, but one thing
I can't find, is forcing Windows Classic Search. I've searched high and
low, thumbed thru the hierarchy of group policy, and still can't find
it. I know you can do this via the registry, so if there's a way to
force registry settings via GP, that would be great too.

More about : force windows classic search group policy

Anonymous
November 19, 2004 11:43:51 PM

49. Old Style Search Engine On or Off
Click on On.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Cabine
tState]
"Use Search Asst"="no"

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.