Force Windows Classic Search using Group Policy

I've done some nice configuration using the group policy, but one thing
I can't find, is forcing Windows Classic Search. I've searched high and
low, thumbed thru the hierarchy of group policy, and still can't find
it. I know you can do this via the registry, so if there's a way to
force registry settings via GP, that would be great too.
1 answer Last reply
More about force windows classic search group policy

    49. Old Style Search Engine On or Off
    Click on On.

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Cabine
    tState]
    "Use Search Asst"="no"

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1100895061.290930.105050@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com,
    Michael Roach <mroach@gmail.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I've done some nice configuration using the group policy, but one
    > thing I can't find, is forcing Windows Classic Search. I've searched
    > high and low, thumbed thru the hierarchy of group policy, and still
    > can't find it. I know you can do this via the registry, so if there's
    > a way to force registry settings via GP, that would be great too.

Policy Configuration Classic Microsoft Registry Windows XP