Need SATA power connector crimp-on terminal

Arctucas

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Interesting, but IDC (insulation displacement connection) e.g. Scotchlok connectors are, in my opinion, worse than any other connection. Again, while I appreciate everyones attempts at helping, I am determined to use the terminals I have specified. Hopefully someone will know where I can purchase them.

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Interesting, but IDC (insulation displacement connection) e.g. Scotchlok connectors are, in my opinion, worse than any other connection. Again, while I appreciate everyones attempts at helping, I am determined to use the terminals I have specified. Hopefully someone will know where I can purchase them.

If you live in a large metro area you can find them from an electrical/electronic parts supplier. I live in Dallas and we have 3 or 4 in the area. Check the yellow pages for wholesale electrical parts. The Molex web site can point you to their dealers/distributors. Most all will sell at retail, although there may be a minimum qty.

little_scrapper

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Thanks, I have already been that route with no luck. I have e-mailed Molex about it, still waiting on reply.

emailed? DUDE!! Call them up, and ask them to sample you a handful.
Where do you work? If you call them up you can just tell them that you are doing some prototyping (which you are) and want to try out there connectors. The sales guy may ask for your company info and ask that you to send a formal request through your company email but no biggie. Unless you work a Blockbuster or something. just do it and have them send you some freebie stuff to your work in your name. Hell thay may even send you the crimper if you ask for it. Or at least tell you which one you will need and where to get it.

I work with a group of engineers that designs extremity coils for MRI systems and we are constanty prototyping. And we are constantly getting freebies. I call up places like american technical ceramics and my contact will GIVE me a half dozen or so capacitor of whatever style/package I need. And the caps we use range from $75 minimum up to caps that cost $500 a piece. Yea thats right $500 capacitors. But thats because we have to use all nonmagnetic materials. We use some of the same caps thay use on the space shuttle. Large manufactures have no problem giving away free stuff because the cost is almost zero for that kind of thing and it gives them more leads for sales. Although I have on occasion run into people that wouldnt give freebies unless I was going to commit to buying like $100,000 a month. Some places are soo huge that if you dont spend that much they act like they lost money just taking your call. And they probably did...hehe