Sign in with
Your question

AMD Taking over in China!

Last response: in CPUs
September 29, 2006 5:43:35 PM

AMD signs deal to sell chips to No.2 China PC maker.

This should be an interesting article for Intel fanboys to rejoice in. 8)

More about : amd taking china

September 29, 2006 6:01:23 PM

Quote:

Considering its china and that the deal is probly Sempron crap I dont really see anything special about that.

If AMD was able to sell fx-62 cpus to them, now that would be news...
Related resources
September 29, 2006 6:35:31 PM

Quote:

More intersting for AMD fanboys
September 29, 2006 6:36:45 PM

Quote:
could be interesting although i don't like china so to hell with them. i hate how money comes before morals. saying that, i wonder how much of my comp was built there :evil: 

What the hell does it have to do with money and morals? It's just a deal between two companies. You sound like a hard head conservative.
September 29, 2006 6:38:55 PM

Quote:

More intersting for AMD fanboys

:wink: :wink:
September 29, 2006 6:40:51 PM

Quote:
i wonder how much of my comp was built there

id venture to guess that it was probably over 60% at a conservative estimate and looking at your sig
September 29, 2006 6:54:51 PM

Quote:
Why do intel fans care Intel is bigger and better than AMD.

Just keep telling yourself that and pay no mind to AMD slowly gaining market share. Also, you need to know how to differentiate between established fact and wishful thinking. For example Intel is bigger=established fact. Better than AMD=wishful thinking. No amount of wishful thinking and certitude on your part makes the idea of Intel better than AMD a fact.

I have both systems and am a fanboy of neither or a fanboy of both. Take your pick.
September 29, 2006 7:03:01 PM

Quote:

Just keep telling yourself that and pay no mind to AMD slowly gaining market share. Also, you need to know how to differentiate between established fact and wishful thinking. For example Intel is bigger=established fact. Better than AMD=wishful thinking. No amount of wishful thinking and certitude on your part makes the idea of Intel better than AMD a fact.

I have both systems and am a fanboy of neither or a fanboy of both. Take your pick.

mm that falls in the category of fanbyism to me, or nowadays a company that produces better goods at cheaper prices is not considered better??
September 29, 2006 7:03:53 PM

Quote:
9 inch I presume?

...and hard as a rock!

Wait a minute, what are we talking about?
September 29, 2006 7:10:34 PM

Quote:

AMD is losing market share and fast amd fans are getting conroe and soon the will buy the Quad core. intel has made proceesors the way they are now. The pentium 4 made the way to dual core and dual core to quad core. Intel has came out with dual core bfore AMd and intel will remain ahead.
September 29, 2006 7:18:12 PM

Quote:
Lol AMD can only sell their stuff to developing countries now :-)
Trying to make fun of a rising super power? If you're currently living in North America or Europe, chances are your country is losing jobs thanks to "developing" countries like India and China.
September 29, 2006 7:45:19 PM

Quote:
too many people are cosying up to china and it's government despite human rights abuses and just generally a very corrupt country. then again people stick with their own kind so maybe that say's alot about corporations like intel and amd.

So? That's Chinese government, not Chinese private sector. Don't link the two of them together. Hating China because of their government just make you a buffoon. Beside, I dont think taking the side of human rights violation is a very good argument, since I live in Vietnam (another commnunist country) and I can tell you for sure that there is no right violation on a daily basis.
September 29, 2006 7:47:23 PM

Quote:
9 inch I presume?

...and hard as a rock!

Wait a minute, what are we talking about?

9-inch thread

The guy who gets his thread locked for posting other web related material with a biased way.

If your not him, sorry...
September 29, 2006 8:02:10 PM

If China is not a communist country, then where on earth do you live? They are not the traditional Communist anymore, of course, but they still have a lot of fundamental ideology of Communism. Private sector still exist in a Communist country, but they are not prominent like in developed nations. Not every firm in China is owned by the government, in fact, more private firms exist than public corporation. They just don't have the power like the public corporation, that I agree. If you are talking about the country as a whole, then you are so narrow minded when you say they are not a nice country. People and their government are two entirely different things. People represents their countries, not their government. I like Americans, but I hate their government. If you are talking only about their government, then again, what government on this planet is nice? I talked about US media, since I know most western countries dont like Chinese government. It doesnt matter you live in US or Canada or Germany.

Secondly, Im not defending Chinese government. Because you take such negative feeling against the Chinese people, then Im defending Chinese people. You said you are not against their people, but you're against their business? What the hell?
September 29, 2006 8:07:22 PM

Quote:
The guy who gets his thread locked for posting other web related material with a biased way.

If your not him, sorry...

We're all biased in some way. But I'm not 9 inch, have not had a thread locked and my web related material was not biased, just informational.

Quote:
hmm, one china aint a communist country, two i ain't from the us and sure as hell don't look at their media, three you are a presumptuous little git.

Umm.. One, China sure as hell is a communist country, though they have recently started embracing capitalism with explosive economic growth. Two, you're right, you're not. I am, and sure as hell don't either. Three, he probably is.

Right now, China is a huge market that is continuing to grow. AMD and Intel are doing well to open there.
September 29, 2006 8:09:40 PM

Because your title can be a bit overzelous to AMD, taking a deal with a PC maker in China doesnt mean they are taking over.
September 29, 2006 8:12:51 PM

I wish the mods would just ban anyone found bickering about Intel v AMD. I wasted 60s of my life I'll never get back reading this.
September 29, 2006 8:15:58 PM

Quote:
fair enough i can't speak of the people but on the part of it not being a traditional communist you cannot have any other. communism is ideally one of the best forms of goverment but to my knowledge there has never been a communist nation and i do not like people tarnishing its name by coparing it to dictatorships which are the usual form you see like russia.

sorry but i hate how people use communism as a bad term cause they are led to believe places like china are an example of it.

Oh,so I misunderstood you. I know what you are talking about, and I fully agree with you. Im taking two courses in Political Science, so I know Communism is not evil like many idiots say. Communism is an excellent idea, and many good things that Capitalist system are using to benefit its people come from Communism (or Marxism I say) like healthcare and public service. The only problem is it was not applied at the right time and with a wrong idea so it became terrible. Marx never said that Communism should be brought by revolution, but he said when capitalism reaches its climax, there will be another form of better government-like Capitalism takes over Monarchy. So he calls it Communism, that's all. He said that there is no class in a Communist country, then people misunderstood that social classes will be destroyed. They forgot what he mentioned earlier in his theory that Capitalist reaches its max and it has produced a full production that can satisfy everyone. So social classes still exist but it just doesnt matter anymore, since people do what they do voluntarily. They work because they take pride in their job. Job becomes self-creation. They share like a community (hence the term Communism) not because they are forced to, but because they already have enough, so anything that's surplus can be distributed equally. I think Scandianavian countries and Switzerland have almost reached that point. That's why they are on top of the list of most developed nations, not United States.
September 29, 2006 8:19:44 PM

Would be interesting to know if AMD supplies this OEM with free CPUs, like AMD does with Dell
September 29, 2006 10:34:09 PM

I wish I would have bought AMD when they hit their 52 week low a few months ago... I would have been roughly $20,000 richer! Damn damn damn!!!
September 30, 2006 4:09:45 AM

Quote:
fair enough i can't speak of the people but on the part of it not being a traditional communist you cannot have any other. communism is ideally one of the best forms of goverment but to my knowledge there has never been a communist nation and i do not like people tarnishing its name by coparing it to dictatorships which are the usual form you see like russia.

sorry but i hate how people use communism as a bad term cause they are led to believe places like china are an example of it.

Oh,so I misunderstood you. I know what you are talking about, and I fully agree with you. Im taking two courses in Political Science, so I know Communism is not evil like many idiots say. Communism is an excellent idea, and many good things that Capitalist system are using to benefit its people come from Communism (or Marxism I say) like healthcare and public service. The only problem is it was not applied at the right time and with a wrong idea so it became terrible. Marx never said that Communism should be brought by revolution, but he said when capitalism reaches its climax, there will be another form of better government-like Capitalism takes over Monarchy. So he calls it Communism, that's all. He said that there is no class in a Communist country, then people misunderstood that social classes will be destroyed. They forgot what he mentioned earlier in his theory that Capitalist reaches its max and it has produced a full production that can satisfy everyone. So social classes still exist but it just doesnt matter anymore, since people do what they do voluntarily. They work because they take pride in their job. Job becomes self-creation. They share like a community (hence the term Communism) not because they are forced to, but because they already have enough, so anything that's surplus can be distributed equally. I think Scandianavian countries and Switzerland have almost reached that point. That's why they are on top of the list of most developed nations, not United States.

Thats an nice thought but communism or anything close will never work unless people evolve out of our present nature. You make the mistake of assuming people will be happy with whatever they have. People always want to be the best, and if they can't do that with materials they do it with power over other people. Also, if everyone has whatever they could ever want they won't try, why would they, they would have no goal to work for, unless it was from the goodness of their heart and thats pretty rare. As for Scandinavian countries, they are rated high because the government services are top notch. But so are their taxes. Seriously the taxing is obscene. Its like $16 for a beer there and like over %100 tax. No sane business would ever set up any real operation there unless they are from there.

Also, I hate that China is rising and i view it as a dangerous situation. Luckily they can't really do anything to the states that wouldn't hurt themselves. Like the economy, they would die without the states. Plus i'd like to see them try and attack the states, they would be whipped before they crossed the big pond. I think China will not do well in the future, mainly because they will have no resources and will die off---No JOKE. Either that and they do fight the states and get their as kicked by the states and a wave of a billion indians.

One more thing, we should wipe north korea off the face of the earth... that is all.

OK, theres my rant, and btw i'm Canadian, not american if you got that impression. :wink:
September 30, 2006 4:35:29 AM

China is more way more of a capitalist society than the USA.
September 30, 2006 4:59:46 AM

Quote:

Are you talking about "little china" also known as taiwan. If not you are wrong. China has a strong economy because they produce so many products in all their sewat shops. And you would, or i at least i do, expect them to be a major world player since they have 1.3 billion people.

Oh, and anyone who says china is good... could you run over university students with tanks in the west?
September 30, 2006 5:13:07 AM

On the subject of China, this article might be of interest:
http://www7.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0609/feature1/index.html

China does have 1.3 billion people, but obvously not all of them are able to contribute and/or take part in the boom. This story is about the northern areas of China that became an industrial wasteland in the wake of Mao Zedong's attempts to revitalize China. Most people are forced to scrounge for what they need to survive - the coal miners of the town of Dongbei can't afford to buy the coal they mined themselves to heat their homes, so they scavenge what they can use from a 500-foot slag heap that towers over their village.

It's a shame that you can't read the entire article online - I thought it was quite interesting. It does a decent job of highlighting the class differences in Chinese society.

Geez, this is off topic - but I thought some others would like to see.
September 30, 2006 5:21:30 AM

See how communist they are. Even though they still have some minor class differences, the rich at least share their slag pile with the poor miners the place such a high value on. :roll:

Seriously china pisses me off so much. And the states, although i like em, piss me off too because they don't do anything to stop them. I guess they can't really with the dumbass EU objecting to violence anytime its neccessary.
September 30, 2006 6:00:29 AM

I agree with most of that except for the zionist part. Are you saying the states should just say "ok terrorists its open season on israel" ????

The terrorists have no nobel cause and should not be encouraged. They are as horrible as you stated everyone is, and they attack people for political gain, and for power over young people that are stupid enough to belive some dufass in a turbinewill lead them to god if they blow themselves up.

Seriously, all this sympathy for terrorists makes me sick. People say, "terroisim is the tool of the oppressed!!!!!"... YA, ok, but i think they have missdirected their anger. If i were them i'd attack their dictators and corrput clarics, then maybe people would support that kind of "resistance", "revolution" "act", and not call it terrorism.

And china is bad because we have the same human nature as them and haven't turned out as bad. And also, i'm happy with our nature, because without it we would have died out a long time ago.
September 30, 2006 6:25:38 AM

Quote:
isreal and zionists are not intertwined,isreal just happens to be the zionist birthplace.
give up the zionists and isreal will still stand.all jews are not zionists.
and i am not a terrorist sympathizer,i just recognize their message,and understand it.i dont promote their way of dealing with this.there are better ways.
its as simple as this;to eradicate jihadists,kill everyone associated with that faith,leave no one to carry a matyrs picture,man,woman or child,in 100 years erase all the history books or change them.
the same is true for zionists.
only complete erasure will expel either belief.
tienamen square,berkly in the 60's,all the blood spilled on american soil from various wars,ERASURE OF BELIEF,and power.

You missunderstood, although it was probably my tone. I wasn't dissing you i was pissed at terroists and people who are bleeding hearts and try to relate to them and see the damn goodness in everyone.

Its amazing, you seem to be the first person on the same page as me. I talked to my one friend about terror and stuff and came to the same conclusion, total annialation of the culprit s and anyone associated with them. But yes you'd have to erase all history of it which would almost impossible. Plus massive killings wouldn't go over well with the world. They couldn't accept thats thats what eeds to be done. So anyway we came up with the idea to have the school systems teach ALL religions and make it mandatory, an then people may realize how stupid religion is. Note that religion is different from belief. I'm an athiest and have no problem with people who believe, but i have big problems with organized reigion. Anyway, you'd also have to ban relgion, unless it turns into some rebel fad then just keep it legal.

Obviously this is very complicated and will probably never happen because people are too stupid to make it happen.
September 30, 2006 6:33:08 AM

Quote:

Thats an nice thought but communism or anything close will never work unless people evolve out of our present nature. You make the mistake of assuming people will be happy with whatever they have. People always want to be the best, and if they can't do that with materials they do it with power over other people. Also, if everyone has whatever they could ever want they won't try, why would they, they would have no goal to work for, unless it was from the goodness of their heart and thats pretty rare. As for Scandinavian countries, they are rated high because the government services are top notch. But so are their taxes. Seriously the taxing is obscene. Its like $16 for a beer there and like over %100 tax. No sane business would ever set up any real operation there unless they are from there.

Also, I hate that China is rising and i view it as a dangerous situation. Luckily they can't really do anything to the states that wouldn't hurt themselves. Like the economy, they would die without the states. Plus i'd like to see them try and attack the states, they would be whipped before they crossed the big pond. I think China will not do well in the future, mainly because they will have no resources and will die off---No JOKE. Either that and they do fight the states and get their as kicked by the states and a wave of a billion indians.

One more thing, we should wipe north korea off the face of the earth... that is all.

OK, theres my rant, and btw i'm Canadian, not american if you got that impression. :wink:

What you said proves that you lack the knowledge of fully understanding the course of delvelopement of human nature. You said people always try to be the best, that is true, however, there is a limit to what people want-in contrast with other theories that human greed is limitless. There is tons and tons of examples of the richest people in the world who go through everything that a human life goes through, and ironically, they are the one that will give up everything for mankind. They get to the point where they understand money doesnt make up happiness. It's necessary to a happiness of human life, but it's not the absolute. Taking Bill Gate, Warren Buffett, Rockerfeller, and Carnegie as example, they are the richest people on earth, yet they give up everything to everyone, for the sake of mankind.

You make a good point where people [always] want more. However, always is a very very extreme term, for there's always a point in a person life where they realize it's enough (or what Karl Marx says Capitalism reaches its climax). You may argue that there are a lot of people that still wants more, like some indicated in history. However, they all end up with the same conclusion, that life isnt just about more money.

You makes the same mistake as you think people work because they have to work to survive. But you forget there's more and more people who work for the joy of working. The architects work not because they want more money (they're probably very well off already) but because they want to make a better architecture. Or software engineering, he wants to create better software because he wants to, because it's his joy of life.

There's a path from that very few people who enjoy to work to the whole society, and that's why there's an increase in automation, in artificial intelligence. Imagine that the job like taking trash and doing stupid, tedious things will be done by machines (and dont take this negatively like in Holywood movies where machines take over the world, since it's just plainly dumb), people will be in charged of the work and jobs that involve creativity, self creation.

The point you make by arguing the welfare system in Scandinavian states is good because their government is top notch. Why do you think their government work with less problem than the US government? Because their society as a whole has developed to a point where goverment presence is very little. Their government has to deal only with macro problems, like taking tax and providing welfare, they dont have to worry about who's gonna kill who tomorrow, or who stealing stuff. That's exactly what's Karl Marx envisioned, a state where the presence of government only proves the least influence. It's the true form of democracy.

You're against high tax, that's your personal opinion, and so do many youngster. But high tax is not wrong, unfair tax is wrong. If you already make enough money to have a good life, why does it matter if you have a thousand more dollar? If their government is good, taking high tax will only come back to the people.

Finally, you view the rise of China is a dangerous situtation. I also believe that if they become so prominent, it's just not good for everybody. But you failed to elaborate how they gonna fail and for what reason. You said they are going to run out of resource????????? What resources? China rise is benefiting not only themselves but everyone, of course, more developed countries have to make adjustment. Finally, you want to wipe North Korea off the face of the earth because their [government] is hard headed? How about wipe out United States because US government is the hardest headed one of all. Dont link the goverment with the people, since it's very idiotic.
September 30, 2006 7:12:20 AM

OK... man that was a long post.

Um, scandanavia. Well, they have high everything taxes, not just income tax. Like i said, $16 for a beer, that general sales tax and applies to everyone. Imagine buying a car or house. 8O I'll tell you my problem with high taxes. It goes back to taking from the rich and giving to thee poor. Now you'll think thats a good thing but what we should really be doing is bringing up the poor to the rich level, not the other way around.

As for the richest people being great humanitarians. I hate to brake it to you but many give money for tax breaks and good publicity. And also that doesn't disprove my point. My point was people, or at least many people, like to be better than other people. Since they are already "the best" they concentrate and their public appearance, and make sure they are well liked. Now i don't have a problem with taht because like i said people need to be violent, competitive, ambitious to get anywhere in life.

Ambition goes beyond financial wealth, or authority, it comes down to true power, having the ability to make others do what you want and have them like you for it.

People that work for the joy of it arn't working for the sake of mankind, they are doing for themselves, because THEY enjoy it, and because if they didn't they would be bored out of tehir minds.

China will run out of resources without major help, and we should let them. You seriously can't contiue to support so many people in such a small relative area with a finite amount of resources. First they will run out of water. This has already happend a lot. They they will run out of electricty, either by lack of power plants or natural resources. After these they will run out of food. I see bad things for china, and india for that matter. Doesn't matter, i don't like either of them and it'll be good for the world in the long run, a good plague or two. :wink:

As for north korea... i have no use for them. They ranks about as high as iran on my list, and iran is below dirt in my books. And yes i mean the people, not just the psycho leader and buddies. They are all condidtioned to believe the goverenment and therefore are usless people who can't be helped. It all goes back to exterminating the problem... competely.

The US government is not "hard headed" just sure of what needs to be done, unlike the democrats. Unfortunatly they can't completely do what needs to be done, eradicatio, because that would have a massive backlash. So you see we have this err, paradox thing. We do nothing, we get attacked. We go to war in iraq, well we get a good start and stuff but are still attacked and lower world oppinion(but who cares about the rest of the tards in the world). Finally we nuke their asses and then we're at war with the europussies.

My idea of world oppinion is, who the fuck are we appealing to? Terrorists, europussies, bleeding heart liberals, dictators, the list goes on and on. This may sound corny but i view the states and western canada(lol, alberta is the best, to bad i livein ontario with the imported foreigners), as an island of hope for the sane people in the world. A place where liberal rhetoric hasn't completely clouded people's judgement. Problem is they have the religous conservatives, who agree with me but for the wrong reason. What we really need is a conservative athiest country. I'd move there for sure. Austrailia is almost there, so i think one day i'll end up there.

@verndewd ... good i didn't want to give you the wrong idea. Its refreshing to hear something say things like me. Its hilarious because once in class i did a survey on bias in english class. I gave two headlines. One was "America invades iran" and the other was "america makes large contribution to unicef" and asked the class which one was true. Guess which one they picked... the first one, BIG SURPRISE, they are so biased against them they didn't even think. Maybe they should watch the news more. :wink:
September 30, 2006 7:49:00 AM

Quote:
funny thing is i believe in god;how wierd is that,its definitely a diachotomy worthy of mention.
im no bible thumper,ive just seen too much unexplained stuff that agrees with my doctrines in jesus and that whole thing.
i have had dreams that ive researched the next day on the internet,stuff i dont have any buisness knowing.
lots of other crazy stuff that tells me something is in us,and most christians are very blind as to how it actually works.

Like i said before, i have no problem with belief because, hey it may well be true. The reason i don't belive is because to me it seems like the easy way out of actually thinking. Actually thats probably more religion but still.

I'll give an example of stupid religious garbage.

My friend is an evangalist. He invited me to this cell group church thing, i thought that was weird but i went. So they start questioning me lol, like why don't i believe and such. All very nicely, but you can tell they are deeply troubled. :p  So i explain all the situations i can point out that religion is downright wrong. My big one was evolution. I take that as fact but they say its a lie. I say OK, whatever you wanna think. So they give me the "look around, god made all this for you" speech, and "how could this just happen". Now granted thats a valid question but i think we should try to answer it instead of say, well god did it and thats all we need to know. So i say that, and they hand me a random pamphlet, from what i later realize is a stack of boxes full of propaganda pamphlets about "the lies of science". :lol:  Anyhoo, i read the pamphlet of why evolution is a lie and the earth is only 5000 years old. The first reason was, "the oldest tree is only 5000 years old, and if trees live forever, why is it only 5000 years old. Because thats how old the earth is." Now i read that and laugh, "no one said trees live forever. They live a long time, but then get too big, or damaged or eaten and fall over." they say, "yes science said they live forever, our pastor and pamphlet said so" ok paraphrased but basicaly thats what they said. So no use arguing because after i did they quoted the bible, and hey, who can argue the bible. :roll: I can't really remember the other reasons on the pamphlet. One was about the missing link. I think another about water, but remember they were all horribly out of context and retardedly stretched. But they took it as fact, and wouldn't even consider the possibility that it was wrong, the bible was wrong, or there is no god. I said why can't you even consider it, or at least pretend for a hypothetical situation. They said "Because i know i'm right, god gave me a vision and i won't lead a life away from god, pretend or not." That was direct quote cuz i remember that one vividly. I had never come across people so completely different mindset than me i was kinda confused. I can't imagine being set on one idea and no matter what makes sense just to keep believing. I'm just not that way. So i just said we'll have to agree to disagree. But that to my surprise wan't good enough. They wanted to make me believe. Lets just say the rest of the day was akward, because i had a bitch of a time trying to explain why looking a trees and sunsets didn't make me believe. I know how and why those happen, but since i can't tell them "why", well i must be wrong. :roll: They need to give science a few more thousand years to figure out everything, and even then we won't know why, or whats beyond the universes if you knwo string theory. So as long as there is something uncertain, we will have religion, and figures in those religions to extort people. Thats another thing, the pastor pushes this idea from the bible that you have to give 10% of your money to charity. Keep in mind these are youth and their moneyy comes from low wage jobs or parents. So anyway my friend gives almost a thousand a year for the next 4 years so the church can buy land, and build a church/school/rec centre some place fairly far away, where i told them they will do the same thing to the peopel at that church, say "we want to build another church, and if you have vision, you'll help us." It really makes me sick. He doesn't have much money but he feels obligated, or as he puts it, "its what god would want."

Anyway, i can barely see, and i'm tired of typing. I hope i get some good replys and no "your a stupid conservative pagen or whatever lol :wink:
September 30, 2006 8:04:27 AM

Quote:
I see bad things for china, and india for that matter. Doesn't matter, i don't like either of them and it'll be good for the world in the long run, a good plague or two. :wink:

As for north korea... i have no use for them. They ranks about as high as iran on my list, and iran is below dirt in my books. And yes i mean the people, not just the psycho leader and buddies. They are all condidtioned to believe the goverenment and therefore are usless people who can't be helped. It all goes back to exterminating the problem... competely.

The US government is not "hard headed" just sure of what needs to be done, unlike the democrats. Unfortunatly they can't completely do what needs to be done, eradicatio, because that would have a massive backlash. So you see we have this err, paradox thing. We do nothing, we get attacked. We go to war in iraq, well we get a good start and stuff but are still attacked and lower world oppinion(but who cares about the rest of the tards in the world). Finally we nuke their asses and then we're at war with the europussies.

My idea of world oppinion is, who the **** are we appealing to? Terrorists, europussies, bleeding heart liberals, dictators, the list goes on and on. This may sound corny but i view the states and western canada(lol, alberta is the best, to bad i livein ontario with the imported foreigners), as an island of hope for the sane people in the world. A place where liberal rhetoric hasn't completely clouded people's judgement. Problem is they have the religous conservatives, who agree with me but for the wrong reason. What we really need is a conservative athiest country. I'd move there for sure. Austrailia is almost there, so i think one day i'll end up there.

Its hilarious because once in class i did a survey on bias in english class. I gave two headlines. One was "America invades iran" and the other was "america makes large contribution to unicef" and asked the class which one was true. Guess which one they picked... the first one, BIG SURPRISE, they are so biased against them they didn't even think. Maybe they should watch the news more. :wink:

i've been watching this forum for a few months, just reading about CPUs and i saw a lot of idiot things being said during this time. but i guess i hadn't read anything so stupid until now. not even the 9-inch and BaronBS's posts could be this dumb.

so acording to your mentality, the solution to fix the world is just to kill all the people that you don't like. while some people are so biased against USA, i guess that you are way too pro-USA blinded.
you talk as if a "strong" country had the right to do whatever they want to a "weaker" country and every world problem could be solutioned through war.

i don't have anything against americans or canadians, but it is people like you that make many people around the world believe that americans (or north-americans) are all a bunch of arrogant and ignorant people.
Big surprise: north america is not the center of universe. :roll:
September 30, 2006 8:08:44 AM

Quote:
you totally missed his point dewd.

so please, re-read the post that i quoted and explain to me what exactly his point is. because unless my english is worst than i expected i understood realy well his ideas.
September 30, 2006 8:11:13 AM

Quote:
poor guy ,you got stuck in the classic zealots chamber.
rules on faith in god.
1.bible thumpers are trying to convince themselves more than you.
2.any reasonable argument that questions their faith will excite them.
3.any proposition supporting god on a vastly superior scientific scale will make them run away.
4.showing them their hypocracies will anger them.
5 true believers will act in faith and amaze you,no words needed.
6. most christians are ignorant because god is lenient and faith is often all one could ask,reason and logic are too much.
7.most christians cannot concieve of infinite conciousness,as their understanding is limited to crime and punishment.
8.for the most part ,people of faith are a walking wonder,they can be so close and so friggen asleep.
9.it is better to believe and not see,for those who see are knowing in their failings and twice as condemnable.

LOL, so true.

They quized m on bible rules and the ten commandments and stuff, tried to back me into a corner lol. Like "though shall not lie" .... "ok" ..."have you ever lied?" .... "sure" ... "you would go to hell, if not for jesus." ... "thats dumb, lying isn't always bad, especially if telling the truth would hurt someone." ..."well that isn't up to you, thats up to god, and he sent his only sun to save you from your crimes".... "WTF" ... lol, that was the just of our conversations.
September 30, 2006 8:20:07 AM

Quote:
I see bad things for china, and india for that matter. Doesn't matter, i don't like either of them and it'll be good for the world in the long run, a good plague or two. :wink:

My idea of world oppinion is, who the **** are we appealing to? Terrorists, europussies, bleeding heart liberals, dictators, the list goes on and on. This may sound corny but i view the states and western canada(lol, alberta is the best, to bad i livein ontario with the imported foreigners), as an island of hope for the sane people in the world. A place where liberal rhetoric hasn't completely clouded people's judgement. Problem is they have the religous conservatives, who agree with me but for the wrong reason. What we really need is a conservative athiest country. I'd move there for sure. Austrailia is almost there, so i think one day i'll end up there.

Its hilarious because once in class i did a survey on bias in english class. I gave two headlines. One was "America invades iran" and the other was "america makes large contribution to unicef" and asked the class which one was true. Guess which one they picked... the first one, BIG SURPRISE, they are so biased against them they didn't even think. Maybe they should watch the news more. :wink:

i've been watching this forum for a few months, just reading about CPUs and i saw a lot of idiot things being said during this time. but i guess i hadn't read anything so stupid until now. not even the 9-inch and BaronBS's posts could be this dumb.

so acording to your mentality, the solution to fix the world is just to kill all the people that you don't like. while some people are so biased against USA, i guess that you are way too pro-USA blinded.
you talk as if a "strong" country had the right to do whatever they want to a "weaker" country and every world problem could be solutioned through war.

i don't have anything against americans or canadians, but it is people like you that make many people around the world believe that americans (or north-americans) are all a bunch of arrogant and ignorant people.
Big surprise: north america is not the center of universe. :roll:

Wow, all that work and i get someone like you who didn't get it. I didn't say kill everyone who opposes me, i said kill the people who are brainwashed for life into hating me, and everything i stand for, and for however long i try to convince them i am not the reason they have a shit life, or am an infidel or whatever, they'll still attack me. So to me they are a lost cause, useless human being, that is wasting air. For instance, your gonna hate this example, this 9 year old lebanese girl, came on tv to say death to america and isreal and the infidels,a nd praise hezbollah. Now shes fucked for life. She'll never amount to anything and will probably end up blowing herself up for some deutch in a church hiding out. So before she blows herself up in a building and takes good people with her, just get rid of her while you can. Don't bother with theropy cuz its too ingrained in her brain to hate us. Its called survival dude, and if we keep catering to brainwashed terrorists for the sake of not being mean, we won't be surviving. :evil: 
September 30, 2006 8:22:57 AM

Quote:
i disagree with the lying part,id rather hear it and hurt,and then change.
and i use the truth in such a manner,im not hurting them ,im hurting whats erroneous in them,truth is a powerful weapon.its really the only weapon mman needs.
too bad he cant handle it.
and # 10 on that rules list.
10.only morons would build a structure and screw the poor out of the meal the tithe was intended to feed.
Tithing is for those who need not self edification.

Thats fine, i just don't like people using the truth to hurt people. Telling them something that would never affect them otherwise but just doing it to hurt them. I think that would be a sin.
September 30, 2006 8:57:39 AM

Nope... They used to do it the good old fashioned way... With M-16's... (Kent State, Ohio)

Now they just declare you an 'enemy combatant' and disappear you. That's progress, the US way.

Main diffference I can see, China makes no attempt to hide it. US tries to hide behind 'morals'.

How is it morally superior to sell nuclear technology to India, who are not signatories of the NPT, have got nuclear weapons, and try to get sanctions on Iran for trying to develope nuclear power, in accoprdance with the NPT, who have no weapons?

Or to ignore the fact that Isreal has developed a large nuclear stockpile and has thumbed its nose at the UN over not just its nuclear programs, but also at its human rights violations?

Morals my ass...

But as this was originally a post about AMD selling CPU's to a chinese PC maker, I wonder if that maker was a MB supplier to Dell. Timing would make sense.
September 30, 2006 10:34:37 AM

Quote:

Considering its china and that the deal is probly Sempron crap I dont really see anything special about that.

If AMD was able to sell fx-62 cpus to them, now that would be news...
Are you serious :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: Aside that their population is going 1.5 bln. Do you know the rythms of growth of their society? If the US market is saturated (meaning almost everybody has a WORKING PC) there you can also find a lot of brand new buyers, not just upgraders.
Forget the US and European market, the future of the market is China, a lot of people HAVE to buy a PC there.
September 30, 2006 11:06:20 AM

Quote:
i wonder how much of my comp was built there :evil: 

Probably not very much, China doesn't seem to be a big producer of Silicon circuit boards.
September 30, 2006 1:42:48 PM

Quote:
i disagree with the lying part,id rather hear it and hurt,and then change.
and i use the truth in such a manner,im not hurting them ,im hurting whats erroneous in them,truth is a powerful weapon.its really the only weapon mman needs.
too bad he cant handle it.
and # 10 on that rules list.
10.only morons would build a structure and screw the poor out of the meal the tithe was intended to feed.
Tithing is for those who need not self edification.
there is only one jesus but how many tens of thousand of god forsaken buildings?
how many segregations of christianity?that wasnt the intended result of faith,brotherhood of man was the intended result,help and charity,and wise spending to bring all believers comfort and a road to prosperity.
and helping the sick.
its blasphemous,if i were god id stomp on every christian building,and tell them to help one another not waste tithing.

And if u came to Alberta I would buy you a beer. Good call man.
September 30, 2006 4:34:06 PM

Quote:

Yup and if you do drugs they harvest your organs, and if your not in the "urban" areas you are left to survive on your own.
September 30, 2006 5:41:09 PM

Quote:
since I live in Vietnam (another commnunist country) and I can tell you for sure that there is no right violation on a daily basis.

Yeah, right! I just went back there and I saw them on every single day! I normaly don't want to engage on something like this, but your statement is just ouright lie.
September 30, 2006 6:20:22 PM

lmfao.i can just see the intel boys now,pulling out their hair by the roots.way to go amd.goodluck.

Dahak

EVGA NF4 SLI MB
X2 4400+@2.4 S-939
2 7800GT'S IN SLI MODE
2X1GIG DDR400 MEMORY IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
520WATT PSU
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR
September 30, 2006 6:21:29 PM

Quote:
lmfao.i can just see the intel boys now,pulling out their hair by the roots.way to go amd.goodluck.

Dahak

EVGA NF4 SLI MB
X2 4400+@2.4 S-939
2 7800GT'S IN SLI MODE
2X1GIG DDR400 MEMORY IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
520WATT PSU
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR

Why do you say that?
September 30, 2006 6:25:59 PM

Quote:

so intel sells to lennovo and amd sells to these guys no one has heard of
doesnt sound like the best idea in the world

isn't lenovo a chinese company? with headquarter in US and operation is both china and us?
this is what it said on their website.
"Thinking globally, in 2004, Lenovo became the first Chinese company to join the Olympic Partner Program."
September 30, 2006 6:40:53 PM

Quote:
since I live in Vietnam (another commnunist country) and I can tell you for sure that there is no right violation on a daily basis.

Yeah, right! I just went back there and I saw them on every single day! I normaly don't want to engage on something like this, but your statement is just ouright lie.

Saw them on every single day? What the hell are you talking about? If there is, you would have seen them on the street, because Im sure as hell you couldnt see it on TV (TV and the press is controlled by the state, dumb ass). As I said earlier, the freedom of speech and press as you know in developed nations havent been able to penetrate developing countries yet. And it's the problem of every single country that it has to go through.
And how the hell you can see them on the street everyday? Huh? If youbelieve whatever you saw on TV (i dont know what TV network you are talking about) then it's really sad. You just went back there, I would assume that you are a Vietnamese living here in US too, well, let me tell you one thing: the paper that some very extreme Vietnamese wrote is just outrageous lie as well. Also, putting that aside, it's just a terrible writing (havent talked about facts just yet). If you took American standard for human rights, then I have said earlier in my post that Vietnam just havent got there yet. However, it took America almost more than 200 years after their independence in 1776 to get what they have now.

Secondly, you went back there for how long? Because if you went back for a short time, seeing a big change between Vietnam and America will show a lot of discrepancies, i.e. human rights. But the longer you live there, the more you will soon forget about that crap. You go to work, hanging out with friends, having fun just like everyone else. Unless you want to involve in politics and bring liberal and new ideas into the Communist party, then of course you will be in trouble.
September 30, 2006 6:59:56 PM

Everything you said is the same thing that the most conservative crowd says. If you dont like Iran because you see it on the press (the press distort many news anyways, that's why I like an indepedent third country to write about those sorts of things), and you just assume that every single one in that country support their government. They hate Amadinejad because he didnt keep his promise to distribute the wealth the state earn from rising oi price to the people, but they dont like the way America and its alies force them what to do. It's even worse with North Korea, since they despise their president, but what can they do? Because the US embargo their country, there's hardly any wealth left for them to fight back, because there is no trade. I said earlier in my post that if you want Democracy for a country, you need to make its people understand it by education, not by bringing down a corrupt government by force and setting up a new one, since the new one will be corrupt as well.

Back to Scandinavian tax, everything is high, that's because the youngster always want something more that they cannot afford. The most basic need is not high. You live in Canada yet you speak like you live in those countries. What happens to the people in the US when they keep buying things that they could not afford? They use credit card, then have debt, go bankrupt. The overall economy is still good, because the wealth is still transfered from one individual to another. But the individual wealth goes down, since the US tax (even if it's very sophisticated) cannot give those money back to those people.

You said rather than distribute the wealth of the rich to the poor, they should bring the poor to the rich level? Dude, that's why you are so naive. If you can bring the poor to the rich level, then there is no one has any wealth. You cannot do that, because there is hardly [enough] free surplus to bring the poor to the rich level (that's why there is poor, since there is not enough surplus) so the only way you can balance the rich and the poor, is to taking some from the rich and distribute back to the poor, through the mean of tax. Low tax spawns business to develop, so you cannot have too high tax, if you said tax is sooo high in those countries, then how can their economy survives? Not only that, in the chart of most competitive nations, Switzerland is at the top, and followed by 3 Scandinavian countries. That's why I said it doesnt matter if there is high tax as long as it is fair, and will go back to everyone eventually.
September 30, 2006 7:07:40 PM

Quote:
what sort of things. i am just wondering if what is normal for some is not normal life for others.

what is considered human rights abuse in that country. is it the same as over here in the U.K.

Exactly, people from developed nations come to Vietnam or China, then yelling out about human rights abuse. But if they took time to ask around, people wouldnt agree with them.

I certainly want a better standard for human rights in my country too, but unlike other people who just complain about it, I know that it took money, effort, time and education to make that come true. It's no one fault, when you look at a macro level. The conflict of interest exists for thousand of years, and they resist to change even they know it will make the country better. Money (or economy) is the key point to make all come true. If you have money, you have a better chance to be educated well, you have a better chance to challenge the government, you have a better chance to have freedom of speech.
!