reaper

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2005
could be interesting although i don't like china so to hell with them. i hate how money comes before morals. saying that, i wonder how much of my comp was built there :evil:

What the hell does it have to do with money and morals? It's just a deal between two companies. You sound like a hard head conservative.

HoldenMcGroin

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
Why do intel fans care Intel is bigger and better than AMD.

Just keep telling yourself that and pay no mind to AMD slowly gaining market share. Also, you need to know how to differentiate between established fact and wishful thinking. For example Intel is bigger=established fact. Better than AMD=wishful thinking. No amount of wishful thinking and certitude on your part makes the idea of Intel better than AMD a fact.

I have both systems and am a fanboy of neither or a fanboy of both. Take your pick.

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006

Just keep telling yourself that and pay no mind to AMD slowly gaining market share. Also, you need to know how to differentiate between established fact and wishful thinking. For example Intel is bigger=established fact. Better than AMD=wishful thinking. No amount of wishful thinking and certitude on your part makes the idea of Intel better than AMD a fact.

I have both systems and am a fanboy of neither or a fanboy of both. Take your pick.

mm that falls in the category of fanbyism to me, or nowadays a company that produces better goods at cheaper prices is not considered better??

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006

AMD is losing market share and fast amd fans are getting conroe and soon the will buy the Quad core. intel has made proceesors the way they are now. The pentium 4 made the way to dual core and dual core to quad core. Intel has came out with dual core bfore AMd and intel will remain ahead.

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
Lol AMD can only sell their stuff to developing countries now :)
Trying to make fun of a rising super power? If you're currently living in North America or Europe, chances are your country is losing jobs thanks to "developing" countries like India and China.

reaper

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2005
too many people are cosying up to china and it's government despite human rights abuses and just generally a very corrupt country. then again people stick with their own kind so maybe that say's alot about corporations like intel and amd.

So? That's Chinese government, not Chinese private sector. Don't link the two of them together. Hating China because of their government just make you a buffoon. Beside, I dont think taking the side of human rights violation is a very good argument, since I live in Vietnam (another commnunist country) and I can tell you for sure that there is no right violation on a daily basis.

reaper

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2005
If China is not a communist country, then where on earth do you live? They are not the traditional Communist anymore, of course, but they still have a lot of fundamental ideology of Communism. Private sector still exist in a Communist country, but they are not prominent like in developed nations. Not every firm in China is owned by the government, in fact, more private firms exist than public corporation. They just don't have the power like the public corporation, that I agree. If you are talking about the country as a whole, then you are so narrow minded when you say they are not a nice country. People and their government are two entirely different things. People represents their countries, not their government. I like Americans, but I hate their government. If you are talking only about their government, then again, what government on this planet is nice? I talked about US media, since I know most western countries dont like Chinese government. It doesnt matter you live in US or Canada or Germany.

Secondly, Im not defending Chinese government. Because you take such negative feeling against the Chinese people, then Im defending Chinese people. You said you are not against their people, but you're against their business? What the hell?

HoldenMcGroin

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2006
The guy who gets his thread locked for posting other web related material with a biased way.

If your not him, sorry...

We're all biased in some way. But I'm not 9 inch, have not had a thread locked and my web related material was not biased, just informational.

hmm, one china aint a communist country, two i ain't from the us and sure as hell don't look at their media, three you are a presumptuous little git.

Umm.. One, China sure as hell is a communist country, though they have recently started embracing capitalism with explosive economic growth. Two, you're right, you're not. I am, and sure as hell don't either. Three, he probably is.

Right now, China is a huge market that is continuing to grow. AMD and Intel are doing well to open there.

reaper

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2005
Because your title can be a bit overzelous to AMD, taking a deal with a PC maker in China doesnt mean they are taking over.

mcgruff

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
I wish the mods would just ban anyone found bickering about Intel v AMD. I wasted 60s of my life I'll never get back reading this.

reaper

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2005
fair enough i can't speak of the people but on the part of it not being a traditional communist you cannot have any other. communism is ideally one of the best forms of goverment but to my knowledge there has never been a communist nation and i do not like people tarnishing its name by coparing it to dictatorships which are the usual form you see like russia.

sorry but i hate how people use communism as a bad term cause they are led to believe places like china are an example of it.

Oh,so I misunderstood you. I know what you are talking about, and I fully agree with you. Im taking two courses in Political Science, so I know Communism is not evil like many idiots say. Communism is an excellent idea, and many good things that Capitalist system are using to benefit its people come from Communism (or Marxism I say) like healthcare and public service. The only problem is it was not applied at the right time and with a wrong idea so it became terrible. Marx never said that Communism should be brought by revolution, but he said when capitalism reaches its climax, there will be another form of better government-like Capitalism takes over Monarchy. So he calls it Communism, that's all. He said that there is no class in a Communist country, then people misunderstood that social classes will be destroyed. They forgot what he mentioned earlier in his theory that Capitalist reaches its max and it has produced a full production that can satisfy everyone. So social classes still exist but it just doesnt matter anymore, since people do what they do voluntarily. They work because they take pride in their job. Job becomes self-creation. They share like a community (hence the term Communism) not because they are forced to, but because they already have enough, so anything that's surplus can be distributed equally. I think Scandianavian countries and Switzerland have almost reached that point. That's why they are on top of the list of most developed nations, not United States.

Henrik

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I wish I would have bought AMD when they hit their 52 week low a few months ago... I would have been roughly $20,000 richer! Damn damn damn!!!

corvetteguy

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
fair enough i can't speak of the people but on the part of it not being a traditional communist you cannot have any other. communism is ideally one of the best forms of goverment but to my knowledge there has never been a communist nation and i do not like people tarnishing its name by coparing it to dictatorships which are the usual form you see like russia.

sorry but i hate how people use communism as a bad term cause they are led to believe places like china are an example of it.

Oh,so I misunderstood you. I know what you are talking about, and I fully agree with you. Im taking two courses in Political Science, so I know Communism is not evil like many idiots say. Communism is an excellent idea, and many good things that Capitalist system are using to benefit its people come from Communism (or Marxism I say) like healthcare and public service. The only problem is it was not applied at the right time and with a wrong idea so it became terrible. Marx never said that Communism should be brought by revolution, but he said when capitalism reaches its climax, there will be another form of better government-like Capitalism takes over Monarchy. So he calls it Communism, that's all. He said that there is no class in a Communist country, then people misunderstood that social classes will be destroyed. They forgot what he mentioned earlier in his theory that Capitalist reaches its max and it has produced a full production that can satisfy everyone. So social classes still exist but it just doesnt matter anymore, since people do what they do voluntarily. They work because they take pride in their job. Job becomes self-creation. They share like a community (hence the term Communism) not because they are forced to, but because they already have enough, so anything that's surplus can be distributed equally. I think Scandianavian countries and Switzerland have almost reached that point. That's why they are on top of the list of most developed nations, not United States.

Thats an nice thought but communism or anything close will never work unless people evolve out of our present nature. You make the mistake of assuming people will be happy with whatever they have. People always want to be the best, and if they can't do that with materials they do it with power over other people. Also, if everyone has whatever they could ever want they won't try, why would they, they would have no goal to work for, unless it was from the goodness of their heart and thats pretty rare. As for Scandinavian countries, they are rated high because the government services are top notch. But so are their taxes. Seriously the taxing is obscene. Its like $16 for a beer there and like over %100 tax. No sane business would ever set up any real operation there unless they are from there.

Also, I hate that China is rising and i view it as a dangerous situation. Luckily they can't really do anything to the states that wouldn't hurt themselves. Like the economy, they would die without the states. Plus i'd like to see them try and attack the states, they would be whipped before they crossed the big pond. I think China will not do well in the future, mainly because they will have no resources and will die off---No JOKE. Either that and they do fight the states and get their as kicked by the states and a wave of a billion indians.

One more thing, we should wipe north korea off the face of the earth... that is all.

OK, theres my rant, and btw i'm Canadian, not american if you got that impression. :wink: