Problems overclockin my cpu

rob_jeffers

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Hey,
Im trying to overclock an 805d, with a asrock conroexfire-sata2 mobo, 2gb- gskill-5400 memory, I have managed to overclock the fsb to 150mhz and it runs stable at 3ghz, this isnt much to the 3.8 some other people are getting, I am new to overclocking and i have done some research, im guessing i need to increase the voltage to the cpu but i cant actualy find a setting in the bios( which is ami p1.40 newest firmware) which will alow me to increase the voltage levels, whenever i increase the fsb to anything higher than 150 and save settings, my screen turns blank and it doesnt seem to actualy reset, it wont respond to the power switch or the reset, it will just keep running, until i turn the psu off, then when i turn it on, it works but the setting have been send back to default and it tells me that it failed restarting.

I actualy think that the motherboard is a bad model to chose for overclocking the 805d. Heres the mobo ConroeXfire-eSata2

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Basic thing about overclocking your 805. Underclock your ram to 400, don't change the timings and don't change the ram voltage (it should be 1.9v). Increase voltage on the FSB, by adding .3v to it (I think that the max, depends on the mobo). Increase cpu vcore/voltage to 1.45v don't pushed it too far I think that's the cpu's max voltage or it might be 1.55v, but keep it at 1.45v to be on the safe side. Now increase bus value by increments of 10 and reboot until you hit the most stable operating overclock setting. Monitor the temps closely. But then again the motherboard also plays a major role on cpu overclocking. Good Luck.

rob_jeffers

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
it looks like i will have to invest in a new mobo, there is just no settings which will alow me to increase the voltage, unless theres a hiddin bios menu or something which i doubt.

I know there is some software whcih allows people to to some overclocking in windows, but i couldnt find one which supports my mobo, in time, do you think my mobo would be supported, and i would be able to change the voltage settins through the application despite having a bios which will not alow me to change it.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
it looks like i will have to invest in a new mobo, there is just no settings which will alow me to increase the voltage, unless theres a hiddin bios menu or something which i doubt.

I know there is some software whcih allows people to to some overclocking in windows, but i couldnt find one which supports my mobo, in time, do you think my mobo would be supported, and i would be able to change the voltage settins through the application despite having a bios which will not alow me to change it.
Your only option is a volt mod. This isn't for everyone, but could probably help out a lot. GL :)

http://sg.vr-zone.com/index.php?i=3779&s=5

rob_jeffers

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Yer, i read that guide, i think i would rather loose 10 15 quid by selling it on than loosing 80 quid by breaking it and having to buy a new mobo and not being able to sell the old one.

Anyone recommend any good overclockable (805d) mobo under 100 quid.

P-Trix

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2006
I'm using the Asus P5ND2-SLI and have found it very good, although i can only get my D805 stable at 3.2GHz at the moment... anything higher and the computer just keeps on resetting itself! I have drawn this down to cheap memory and psu though, but i should have new memory and psu arrive on monday! (I hope this is the problem, i want to hit 3.8GHz at least + i'm watercooled)

I paid £46 for my P5ND2-SLI, brand new off ebay! Guess that was a lucky bargin though! Have not seen them for much less than £110!