Email on Axim 50v

January 25, 2005 4:44:28 PM

I have set up my Axim to receive and send email...sometimes it does and
sometimes it does..is there something that I am missing so it will send and
receive all of the time?

Jaggs

--
Live for the moment...you are not promised the next!

More about : email axim 50v

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 4:44:29 PM

How are you connecting?

I connect using a Motorola SBG900 wireless cable modem. I had problems until
I disabled the modem's firewall.

Every computer on my network has it's own built in firewall anyway, so
that's no great loss for me.

Walt

"Teri Roegge" <jaggs@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:o Vdtk3wAFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>I have set up my Axim to receive and send email...sometimes it does and
> sometimes it does..is there something that I am missing so it will send
> and
> receive all of the time?
>
> Jaggs
>
> --
> Live for the moment...you are not promised the next!

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:05:43 PM

I connect thru a wireless router which is connect to a cable modem.

--
"Walt Basil" <see_signature@for_address.com> wrote in message
> How are you connecting?
>
> I connect using a Motorola SBG900 wireless cable modem. I had problems
until
> I disabled the modem's firewall.
>
> Every computer on my network has it's own built in firewall anyway, so
> that's no great loss for me.
>
> Walt
>
> "Teri Roegge" <jaggs@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:o Vdtk3wAFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >I have set up my Axim to receive and send email...sometimes it does and
> > sometimes it does..is there something that I am missing so it will send
> > and
> > receive all of the time?
> >
> > Jaggs
> >
> > --
> > Live for the moment...you are not promised the next!

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:05:44 PM

The "send" button only sets the message to be sent... the actual
transmission occurs on the next connect.

The buttons at the bottom of the screen determine how this will
proceed... most people use the right button that connects, get's
messages and disconnects... if you "reply" to messages, you will have
to tap this button again to actully send the messages after you compose
them.

Also, make sure you tap the "Send" button rather than the "OK" button
when the message is finished... tapping the "OK" button places the
message in the "drafts" folder.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 5:33:08 PM

The message is in my outbox and I have tapped the send button many times and
I receive the message "could not be sent, check that you have network
coverage and that your account information is correct..." Now what?

--
Live for the moment...you are not promised the next!
message news:ewadROxAFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> The "send" button only sets the message to be sent... the actual
> transmission occurs on the next connect.
>
> The buttons at the bottom of the screen determine how this will
> proceed... most people use the right button that connects, get's
> messages and disconnects... if you "reply" to messages, you will have
> to tap this button again to actully send the messages after you compose
> them.
>
> Also, make sure you tap the "Send" button rather than the "OK" button
> when the message is finished... tapping the "OK" button places the
> message in the "drafts" folder.

January 26, 2005 2:31:13 AM

>> that your account information is correct... <<

That message is pointing at the problem... either;

you don't have a valid internet connection

the smtp server address information is incorrect

the smtp server is being accessed from an internet connection not
related to it's provider... i.e. it's the roadrunner smtp server and you
are trying to access it from a verizon hotspot

the smtp server requires authentication and doesn't have it or the
authentication is incorrect

More details on your email provider, the current method of connection
and the smtp server address you are using would help.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:18:11 AM

You haven't said if you have tried it with your firewall disabled yet. Most
routers come with them on by default. You have to log onto them via yoru
web browser to configure them. This seems to be a common way to get this
error. I'll get that exact error with symptoms when my modem firewall is
enabled, or if I am running Airscanners PPC firewall set strictly.

!