Sign in with
Your question

Noisy Power Supply? Heres how to fix it!

Tags:
  • Heatsinks
  • Power Supplies
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
September 30, 2006 1:09:55 AM

Get some plexy glass, and a few corner molding strips that fit it... You can find these at home depot or another supply store. The molding strips are usually white in color, and hold two peaces of flat board at a right anglel.

Take a peace of plexy glass, and cut a circle in it the size of your powersupply fan... then drill some holes in the places where it attaches the power supply to the case. This will be the base.

Now take the molding and build a rectangle box of 4 peaces of plexy glass, leaving the base side and an adjectent side open. Apply a little superglue to the molding, for this will hold it in place while you construct it... After you construct it, the nature of the construction will hold the box together.

Now when your at home depot look at the vinal floor section... They sell a black thin pladding that is made to absorb noise from vinal floor installations. They are really cheap rolls, and are not a thick material... Almost like rubber (which you may also use)... I recommend spray on adhesive for this. (you can also use this stuff in your case, to quiet it down)

Glue on the base of the box to the base of plastic you made with the fan hole. Superglue works well to hold it in place, but some gorilla glue or an epoxy is best. Becarefull Gorilla Glue expands while it drys, and can make a mess.

The open side can be pointing in any direction you want. I like to point it down since my powersupply is about 5 inchs from the ground. Make sure the box is big enough not to restrict air flow... But not too big that it doesnt stop noise. The Box should be tall enough to cover the whole fan.

Now use the screw holes, and as many washers needed(to fill in any gaps in the screw on installation) and some to spread the pressure of the screws accross the plexy glass. You may even glue on some of these washers directly to the plexyglass with some supper glue.

Sand the whole outside down with a 150 sand paper. Spray paint only with a Primer... do not use color spray paint because it will come out like crap... if you want to add color buy a 1/4 gallon, and roll or brush it... Try not to use a pure gloss for it tends to leave an uneven look to it.

This duct should silence most powersupplies with very little air restriction, and should look like it came with the machine. If you have the equipment make it out of steel.

More about : noisy power supply heres fix

a c 86 ) Power supply
a b K Overclocking
September 30, 2006 2:33:22 AM

where is my picture.....
September 30, 2006 2:46:54 AM

When I build one for my PC, I will take pictures...
Related resources
October 14, 2006 9:48:16 AM

I plan on making one in a couple of weeks. My psu will be in an odd place and the muffler will be internally mounted. I will post pics when it's done.
October 15, 2006 2:20:26 AM

Will work only on air out side..
October 15, 2006 6:13:48 AM

Quote:
Will work only on air out side..

Not exactly sure what you mean by that. My PSU will be located approximately in the bottom middle of a custom chassis I'm building out of some junk acrylic (I need the whole top for two radiators). I plan on making a long heat duct to the front for the main fan, and another duct out the side panel for it. Both ducts will be a maze with sound absorbing material.
October 15, 2006 3:36:25 PM

If it has too much restriction, your PSU will overheat. Doesnt take much to silence them... just a baffle about 3 inches away.
October 15, 2006 3:43:03 PM

Quote:
If it has too much restriction, your PSU will overheat. Doesnt take much to silence them... just a baffle about 3 inches away.

I will work on a design that is less restrictive then.
October 15, 2006 8:16:53 PM

test things out... if you have a long input pipe, put another fan there...

I would recommend the "SilenX" series fans. They are extremely powerfull and VERY quite. They produce a lower (BASS) when listened to close
October 16, 2006 1:48:56 AM

I already have a Thermaltake 700w tough power coming. I went with them because their products seem to be built very tough. I wanted a durable PSU. Not a DOA one.
October 16, 2006 2:53:52 AM

You should be pleased... strong and silent PSU, imo.
October 17, 2006 11:14:39 AM

After thinking up about a dozen ideas, researching, and doing some testing with some sound absorbing material and fans... I think I found one that will work well. I'm going to custom make two vents. They will be real similar to the heating vents found in most houses, except I will be adding my sound dampening material to each little vent wall(both sides). All PSU air will be directed thru custom ducting and in/out the sound absorbing vents.

In my tests I found that when the sound from the PSU hits a wall of my sound dampening material about 1-2 inches, it reduced noise considerably. I think with vents, the air flow loss should be minimal.
October 17, 2006 12:32:38 PM

Or there's plan B... get an Antec Phantom 8O
October 17, 2006 2:29:29 PM

Dont buy the sound absorbing material they sell on sites like frozen cpu. Its nothing but foam and really isnt very nice looking or easy to use.

Go to your local HomeDepot, or equivelent and look in the flooring section. Like I said, it is a very thin ruber like material, though it is padding, and it works great.

If you spend a ton of money, you can get a silent PSU from the get go.

It is a good solution to the expensive PSU's.
October 17, 2006 3:55:14 PM

I'm using some dense floor padding my friend had left over from when he installed flooring. I already made a pump house about 5x5 inch with double thick padded walls(also has 5mm thick plexi). I wanted my D5 to be 100% silent. I tested my little pump house I made with a few noisy fans and an alarm. I was amazed how well it worked. When I sealed it I couldn't hear anything. I had to really concentrate and get my ears close before I heard anything. It takes about 95% of the noise away. I'm not worried about heat build up because the D5 dumps the heat in to the coolant.
October 18, 2006 1:55:17 AM

Simple baffles make HUGE differences...

My father made the first one, and I was floored. The difference still amazes me.
October 18, 2006 2:39:10 AM

Quote:

well how about an artist rendering for now? use m$ paint or something
October 18, 2006 3:37:34 AM

I dont think much noise comes from the in coming air. To test this out, take the hosehold biggest fan you own, and stand in front and in back of it, and see how different the volume level is. When you push air away from you, you also push the sound.

2nd Attempted Description

Its a 4 sided box.

2 sides are open, both are next to each other.

one open side side goes onto the PSU back (outside the case), the other points up, down, left or right...

The depth (PSU->Baffle) of the box is variable, and I cant say how big it should be... I think ours was 2 inches. Shallow Boxes will let less noise, but will restrict airflow. Deeper Boxes will be less restrictive but should let out more noise.

The air comes out of the PSU, hits the baffle (back) of the box, then is pushed out the open end. This makes the sound bounce around inside the 3 walls or back into the case. The left over sound goes out the vented side.

I am no artist, and I dont have access to a place to post the image.

Its REALLY very simple.

I had also noticed that putting your hand on the exit vent of the PSU, does not dampen the volume. I dont know why... But this box does.

PSU's blow air from inside the case to the outside, and will also push noise in the same direction.

Low BASE volumes wont be baffled as much as higher frequencies (laws of physics). Most fans are higher piched.

All it does is redirect the fan air. This allows you to use materials to dampen the sound.

A Tube would reduce airflow, but wont reduce noise much. This is because High Freq. Sounds are small wave lengths, and tend to go streight through tubes.

The object is simply to change the direction of the output airflow.

Its essentially like a duct used on central air housing. The air goes down the inside of the wall, then is pushed out of the wall with backpressure.

I hope this helps. It will be sometime till I get a chance to build one. Keep it simple, as stated above. Dont bother building a plate for screwing it onto the back of the PSU.

Just use some hot glue. Once your happy with everything, and maybe experiment with designs, you can then create a mounting plate. Start with plain old wood board. You can find some nice board with a white surface. It isnt thick, just needs to fit into the plastic corner molding they sell. The molding is very limited in sizes of matererial that will fit in it, so this is your biggest material restriction. The molding is nice, cause it makes assembly easy. But you could make the box anyway you want.

Cardboard may even work better, who knows... This is where your experimentation and requirements become necessary.

I dont know how else to explain it. I may be doing a bad job at it, so if you understand me, and think you can do a better job then please step up.

Mike
October 18, 2006 4:01:05 AM

They also sell Ruber Back mounting plates for PSU's (check newegg). Might help, except that in my case the PSU sits directly on the bottom of the case. I dont expect vibration of the outer structure of the PSU to be the cause of the noise, but it all depends on the design and fans used.
October 19, 2006 7:18:14 PM

Quote:
I am no artist, and I dont have access to a place to post the image.

There are free image hosting sites all over the web. Has anyone ever introduced you to Google?

Rough waters for you on the Sea of Incompetence again, eh?

Rich and others are right - buy a quiet PS in the first place while Mike mods his POS into suana-land.

Quote:
Its REALLY very simple.

Then you shouldn't have had to post a second long-winded description, now should you?

Quote:
PSU's blow air from inside the case to the outside, and will also push noise in the same direction.

I see: you're now rewriting the laws of physics... How quaint. While you're in there, fix up the problems in string theory - current research is having a tough time but after another coupla visits to Home Depot, you should have it all tidied up.
October 20, 2006 1:31:30 AM

Once again, Clueless strikes again... I guess he feels its his personal duty to follow me around the forums insulting me and everything I say... Well enjoy the humiliation Clueless, as people read your posts, and think "What an Ass..."

Ignored.... Again...
October 20, 2006 3:41:19 AM

Quote:
I guess he feels its his personal duty to follow me around the forums insulting me and everything I say...

Follow you around? Think not. I've been reading these pages longer than you, punk. It's not my fault you post so much BS.
October 20, 2006 4:53:37 AM

Quote:

Shouldn't you build one and prove your concept before you give advice and instructions here?
October 20, 2006 5:06:16 AM

Quote:

Shouldn't you build one and prove your concept before you give advice and instructions here?

I was kinda thinking the same thing but then again i care about that as much as i care about dampening sound in my computer ;) 
October 20, 2006 5:36:21 AM

Quote:

I did build one... for my sisters computer...

I am amazed at how well it worked, it was for an Antec... Silenced it beyond my highest expectations...

I want to build one for my computer... I got to do it very soon:) 
October 20, 2006 7:01:07 AM

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-pp02.htm
Silverstone powersupply acoustic cover. 8)

Good mods to quit computers are always welcome, but I think people would be better served by researching, reading reviews and buying a quite PSU in the first place. Personally the quality and low noise of my Seasonic was still worth extra money even with the less then flattering unsleeved non modular cables. But for people that bought a noisy PSU, or have to use a very high power model this could still be a somewhat useful idea.

Even so download a CAD program and make your drawings that way. Frankly if your unwilling to take the time to make drawing's and a set of build plans then just let the thread die.
October 20, 2006 2:49:03 PM

Thats IT!

That is exactly what I made, just not as NICE...

I really like that thing... I think Im going to buy one from them instead of making one myself. That looks so much nicer then anything I can make:) 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

Pay attention to the comments... This thing covers the entire powersupply. Which for the Ultra X2 is a good thing, but like they said, it will make plugging in the power supply hard.

I will have to think of a way to remove it... Maybe I will only attach it with 2 or 3 thumbscrews...

Im going to buy it though. I was making these custom, but I would have had the same problem as the above, but my problems would have been the worst cause of my limited construction ability.

The one I built was for a PSU that had a small fan port next to the powercord and powerswitch... I never thought of the problems that would occure on a much more open PSU system like my ultra X2.

Mike
October 21, 2006 10:06:45 AM

There is a certain satisfaction you get from a designing and building something yourself. Especially when it's built from garbage, junk, and unused stuff laying around the house. This is my first DIY computer project and I love it. I have a very creative mind and it's a relief to finally be able to release my creativity.
October 21, 2006 10:37:04 AM

Quote:
Thats IT!

I really like that thing... I think Im going to buy one from them instead of making one myself. That looks so much nicer then anything I can make:) 

Pay attention to the comments... This thing covers the entire powersupply. Which for the Ultra X2 is a good thing, but like they said, it will make plugging in the power supply hard.

I will have to think of a way to remove it... Maybe I will only attach it with 2 or 3 thumbscrews...

Im going to buy it though. I was making these custom, but I would have had the same problem as the above, but my problems would have been the worst cause of my limited construction ability.

The one I built was for a PSU that had a small fan port next to the powercord and powerswitch... I never thought of the problems that would occure on a much more open PSU system like my ultra X2.

Mike

That looks ugly as all hell. I'd rather buy a good case and quiet PSU than put some silly ghetto mod on my PC. What happens when the heat from the rear of your PC rises and goes up into this stupid vent? Does it create back pressure? Does it heat up the PSU more?
October 21, 2006 4:53:01 PM

Quote:
That looks ugly as all hell. I'd rather buy a good case and quiet PSU than put some silly ghetto mod on my PC. What happens when the heat from the rear of your PC rises and goes up into this stupid vent? Does it create back pressure? Does it heat up the PSU more?

Your approach is silly. Who on earth would want to make a smart purchase up front that would not require an ugly mod that would eventually kill the item they are trying to quiet? What better way to quiet a power supply than just go blow it up?
October 21, 2006 7:02:43 PM

Quote:

Your approach is silly. Who on earth would want to make a smart purchase up front that would not require an ugly mod that would eventually kill the item they are trying to quiet? What better way to quiet a power supply than just go blow it up?

LOL
October 21, 2006 7:50:03 PM

Quote:
Thats IT!

Mike

I'm not sure, but I may have a better idea of how to deal with an overly noisy psu.

1. Remove it from the computer.
2. Beat the heck out of it with a baseball bat to teach it some manners.
3. Reinstall it in the computer.

I bet you don't hear any noise at all from it after that. Of course, you could just buy a quiet psu in the first place and not have to discipline it with a baseball bat.
October 21, 2006 10:19:46 PM

I was hoping these boards weren't full of trolls and lackeys. Ohwell :( 
October 21, 2006 11:39:15 PM

Quote:

So you added a whiner?
October 22, 2006 3:39:18 AM

Quote:

No sense of humour. :roll: Gotta learn how to laugh a bit.
October 22, 2006 4:12:43 AM

PSU's blow out, not in...

Also, My PSU is on the bottom of my case... Which is also mounted upside down (which makes it mounted the same direction as everyone who has it normally on the top of the case.) This means my fan point down into the floor of my case...

But see, I have been working my magic, and I pull fresh air out from outside the case, because my case is on wheels. This means that the air is nice and cool, no matter how hot my case gets. I also filtrate it with a fine mesh filter... keeps the big things out... Dust is a problem everywhere, and is easily fixed with a aircompressor:)  And dampens the fan noise going out of the machine by requiring the sound to bounce off the carpet.

As far as a silent PSU... yeah, you can go do that... Hell I recommend it... If I had a PSU with a fan port that didnt cover the entire back of the case PSU, then I would recommend custom building one. That way you wont have problems with power cords and power switches.

When I bought my PSU, I was told that it was silent... Well the guys down at frozenCPU really got that one right... I figure they would know something about the tons of PSU's they sell, so I took their advice... See I live near that place, so I drive down there... Well as soon as I took it out of the box, they wouldnt take it as a Return... Just as a Replacement... (lets say I am not happy)...

Well what I got was the Ultra X2, which is a great PSU, but its definately not silent:( 

Anyways, this gear is cool... and its cheap... and its portable... If it doesnt work on this machine, maybe it will work good on my fathers, mothers, sisters, dogs, or my other soon to be machine.

I got them delivered for almost nothing cause I bought a UPS from Newegg.

Mike

BTW; If you cant return it, and you cant use it... then the warrenty isnt worth much... so you can always open it up, change out fans to a nice powerfull and quiet it that way...

I just got to try this out...

My mistake was not only not researching the PSU a bit more, but it was buying it from frozenCPU and not NewEgg.
October 22, 2006 8:57:33 AM

"And dampens the fan noise going out of the machine by requiring the sound to bounce off the carpet"

So I assume your PSU exhaust is directly down out the bottom of your case? If so, how did you deal with the power cord. I wanted to have my intake on the side and exhaust down out the bottom but my case didn't have enough ground clearence for the power cord to turn.
October 22, 2006 1:20:10 PM

My intake is directed downword. My out-take is out the back.

I have some support structures in the way to do it as you are suggesting... Though I have thought about it:)  You can buy parts for a rear mounted power plug (Female), and a Male to plug into your powersupply. Just use a heavy gaudge wire... 12 or 10!

Mike
October 26, 2006 2:20:55 PM

I tried the Antec noise dampening and the backside cover. The quality of these products are great. However it does little to silence the PC.

I gave this some thought, and I beleive that it is because my sisters antec had a rear fan, while the Ultra has a top mounted fan.

My Ultra runs the fan at 100% all the time. I have contacted tech support earlier about the noise issue, and the wondered if the temp gaudge is off. They are going to be sending me a new one, then I send mine back.

I am going to see if this works. Ill see if I can send back mine to where I purchased it (FrozenCPU), but I havent had good luck with their service department. They just dont seem to do much for it.

Mike
November 9, 2006 1:08:33 PM

Update: The Ultra X2 had a broken temp gaudge. The new ultra I got under warrenty is really quite. Im very impressed with the replacement and the Ultra Customer Service. I will be buying another one for my next machine, if it will fit.

Also the device mentioned from Ebay, works AWSOME on rear mounted Fan PSU's. Highly recommended for this application. For the ultra x2 it does nothing, so I removed it and sold it to my father (who has a rear mounted fan and who tested the device.
November 9, 2006 1:32:27 PM

Quote:
Update: The Ultra X2 had a broken temp gaudge. The new ultra I got under warrenty is really quite. Im very impressed with the replacement and the Ultra Customer Service.

Your RMA shipping costs must be enormous. What is this, like 13 returns in the last 6 months for you?
November 9, 2006 1:49:25 PM

Quote:
Update: The Ultra X2 had a broken temp gaudge. The new ultra I got under warrenty is really quite. Im very impressed with the replacement and the Ultra Customer Service.

Your RMA shipping costs must be enormous. What is this, like 13 returns in the last 6 months for you?

Yeah. Funnily enough I don't judge a company on their RMA procedue. I judge a company on whether their product breaks.
November 9, 2006 1:54:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah. Funnily enough I don't judge a company on their RMA procedue. I judge a company on whether their product breaks.

But look how much less you get to come onto the forumz and whine about stuff breaking!
November 9, 2006 2:00:30 PM

Quote:

But look how much less you get to come onto the forumz and whine about stuff breaking!

I know. Sucks to be you....................................

or I and buy decent hardware :(  8)
November 9, 2006 2:06:37 PM

Quote:

Well i usually dont even look at your posts, and simply ignore you... but it sounds like your finally am being somewhat civil, though a bit critical. And yes, I have returned allot of items (Asus Motherboard and CPU, VideoCard, PSU, Replaced Gigabyte G3->DQ6, and 2xLiteon SATA drives which turned out to be an ASUS bios problem). Then again, I think you were one of the people to suggest an Asus Motherboard, which has now cost me allot of money. I probably payed $30 in RMA right now. However due to NewEggs great work, and continous ability to stand up and do whats right, I have ended up paying less then that. And would have paid ALLOT more if they required me to return the 2 LiteOns. Instead NewEgg gave me credit without having to return the item. After learning about the problem with the Asus P5B, I offered to pay for the one LiteOn drive that wasnt broken, however they refused to accept my offer.

Unfortunately I have built a system far beyond what 99% of the people around here have built, and their recommendations; though appreciated, have often backfired. I also have had some really bad luck, and made some mistakes. But its part of the game. Beign that the Core2Duo was so NEW when I bought it (it was out less then 2 weeks) I had to make allot of decisions without other peoples experiances to point to.

I have also done a MAJOR amount of modifications to wirers and other parts of the machine. These Modifications have cosed minor problems, but have eventually worked themselves out with work. Something expected when doing custom work.

I have spent money on parts I dont use, though I may be able to use in the future. As a new comer to Watercooling, I relied on the advice of FrozenCPU, and was burnt. The good news is that I have a great water cooling system for my next build that will be starting around January, when I put together a Computer DVR, CD/DVD Player, and a TV Tunner for my home audio and video system.

As a side note, I havent been on this site as much as I use to be. I really like to help out people, but these forums are under moderated and the flame/attacks that happens here is excessive. Instead of showing people compassion and solutions for their mistakes and problems, people here ridicule and put you down.

Clueless, pointing out my problems, without ever offering any sort of help or sympathy. Taking Clueless's history this is a comon behavior. There are dozens of examples of this. Just look at his post log.

He is probably pointing out my excessive problems so that he may load up and fire out a upcoming insult. It also implies that I am ignorant, which at times I am. The insults from him will come, I promise.

Its really to bad that he doesnt have compassion for me and others who struggle through a build. Sometimes builds just dont work out perfectly. I am unable to control everything.

As for a more friendlier environment, I would recommend you going to http://www.ocforums.com if you want to help out.

For moderators who might read this, please fix these issues with flame. I will be welcome to come back and help out even more if the forum if moderators stopped people from engaging in such angry and malicous responses. This place has the opportunity to be a friendly place that could help allot of people, and could be fun for us. Instead we loose some of the best people available (such as Wusy) and as more of the people who care leave Thoose left will be the mean insulting people.

Lastly, Clue69Less will last less then 3 days on the forumz of OC without beign banned.

Just my opinion, and concern. I hope you will get better Clueless, and stop feeling like you have to bully people. I will pray for you to get over this defect in character and that you may grow spiritually as an individual.

Mike
November 9, 2006 2:10:47 PM

Quote:

Woops, as I was righting a response, he proves my point...

These coments just continue to prove my point, flame baiting is the norm.

Im not going to respond any further. Go ahead and rip me appart. It wont hurt me, I will just pray for you all. And hope you find compassion in your lives.
November 9, 2006 3:52:43 PM

Quote:
Well i usually dont even look at your posts, and simply ignore you...

You're always good for a giggle with these ignore claims, Jellymon...

Quote:
Then again, I think you were one of the people to suggest an Asus Motherboard, which has now cost me allot of money.

Your thinking is gufflawed. I've posted to numerous C2D and C2Q threads that I've not bought yet because I'm waiting for the dust to settle on C2 mobos. I'm getting closer but still patiently await. I'm looking forward to reviews of the new DFI C2 mobo. I'm tempted by the high FSB people are getting on some 965 chipsets but would like to see a better supporting cast of abilities like some 975 boards have. Patient, that's me - because I have functional rigs already and although I could use more processing power, I hope to keep my next Intel rig for 4 or 5 years and thus am cautious. Unlike you, I detest the RMA process and anything else related to part failure or limited functionality.

Quote:
Unfortunately I have built a system far beyond what 99% of the people around here have built

How did you determine this percentage? Did you take a poll? And how is a system with a history of breakdowns better than even my rock-solid old P4, let alone my game box?

Quote:
their recommendations; though appreciated, have often backfired.

Well, you have to be careful who you listen to, and patience is a purchaser's virtue.

Quote:
I also have had some really bad luck, and made some mistakes. But its part of the game. Beign that the Core2Duo was so NEW when I bought it (it was out less then 2 weeks) I had to make allot of decisions without other peoples experiances to point to.

Clearly, your overeager, gotta-have-it-now approach is 180 degrees away from mine. It's all about priorities I guess.

Quote:
I have also done a MAJOR amount of modifications to wirers and other parts of the machine.

I don't know what this means. Does it mean that you routed your cables carefully?

Quote:
I have spent money on parts I dont use, though I may be able to use in the future. As a new comer to Watercooling, I relied on the advice of FrozenCPU, and was burnt.

Yea, that's a tough break. I'm leery of buying just based on a retailer or etailer recommendation alone. There is so much water-cooling info on forums like Toms that it's just not hard to figure out what to get for a given price point. Then again, my approach is to go slow to go fast - set goals, do the research, check for other opinions and THEN buy.

Quote:
As a side note, I havent been on this site as much as I use to be. I really like to help out people, but these forums are under moderated and the flame/attacks that happens here is excessive. Instead of showing people compassion and solutions for their mistakes and problems, people here ridicule and put you down.

I consider that to be a gross generalization. This is kind of a high dynamic range forum with many different behavior sets. But having been a Usenet regular since the beginning, nothing on Toms has ever managed to get me very worked up. I'm likely to be entertained and educated much of the time and I truly appreciate the in-house and forumz expertise. It's all about perspective and expectations. Fer Chrissakes, it's ONLY the Internet. With Al Gore as chief-co-inventor, how can you expect too much?

Quote:
Clueless, pointing out my problems, without ever offering any sort of help or sympathy.

Maybe you don't see my replies as attempts at help, but that's your problem. Ever since you came on here whining about all of your problems, my message has been consistent: decide what you NEED and use that to guide your research. Be patient, look at a variety of resources and be patient some more.

Quote:
Taking Clueless's history this is a comon behavior.

I doubt that you have the slightest idea of what my history is here. I'm on no Mission From God to go out and be the world's best Forumz helper, but I pay my dues here when I have something to offer and have received many, many 'thank-yous'. The fact that your feathers were ruffled by my replies is not something I'll take all the blame for. You have little sense of humor, dude and I like to laugh, so plug that into your harmonic logic. You mention sympathy above - you're in the wrong place for that kind of support.

Quote:
Its really to bad that he doesnt have compassion for me and others who struggle through a build. Sometimes builds just dont work out perfectly. I am unable to control everything.

Compassion? If I shed a tear over your RMA-heavy past, would it make you feel better? I've given you solid advice in the past and you ignored it. I dissed on your PS and you were adamant that it was a great piece - but now you say you had to RMA it. Hello in there, Jellymon - you just don't listen.

Quote:
I will be welcome to come back and help out even more if the forum if moderators stopped people from engaging in such angry and malicous responses.

Before you go dumping a bunch of "advice" on this forum, maybe it would help if you did the background work to learn what the good stuff is and what's the junk?

Quote:
This place has the opportunity to be a friendly place that could help allot of people, and could be fun for us. Instead we loose some of the best people available (such as Wusy) and as more of the people who care leave Thoose left will be the mean insulting people.

You think Wusy left because his feelings were hurt? Maybe you do have a tiny sense of humor after all. What, you weren't kidding? Wow.

Quote:
Lastly, Clue69Less will last less then 3 days on the forumz of OC without beign banned.

Too bad you didn't put some money on that since I've been a member for many months...

Quote:
I hope you will get better Clueless, and stop feeling like you have to bully people. I will pray for you to get over this defect in character and that you may grow spiritually as an individual.

Right, dude, and I hope you learn how to pick out a good PS that has enough bling to fill your starry eyes cuz my money is on your new Ultra taking a dirt nap any day...
November 9, 2006 4:26:54 PM

You probably shouldn't argue with 'Ol GreenJelly. I'm pretty sure he is the person marketing the SilenX fans, mentioned in his posts. He has a reputation for being a little shady as far as methodology goes. And for making sensational, unverifiable claims as to his products abilities. That's why he cries about moderation, to help protect him when people start calling him out on his outrageous claims. Now If Green Jelly isn't MIKE K, I apologize to whoever you are. But if you are, you're guerilla marketing methods are pathetic.
November 9, 2006 4:41:56 PM

Quote:
You probably shouldn't argue with 'Ol GreenJelly. I'm pretty sure he is the person marketing the SilenX fans, mentioned in his posts. He has a reputation for being a little shady as far as methodology goes. And for making sensational, unverifiable claims as to his products abilities. That's why he cries about moderation, to help protect him when people start calling him out on his outrageous claims. Now If Green Jelly isn't MIKE K, I apologize to whoever you are. But if you are, you're guerilla marketing methods are pathetic.

I wonder if you're confused... I've spoken positively about SilenX fans a few times. Are you talking about me? Cause if you are I'd like you to point out specifically about which sensational and unverifiable claims you are referring to, OK? The main thing I see Jelly talking about refer to parts blowing up and having to be RMA'ed. I do not remember him blowing up any SilenX fans, however. Hopefully, if he did, they were at least quiet explosions.
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!