I am totaly hopeless...

kalles

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
hi peoble.. I justgot my computer yesterday.. it is my first to put together and I am new to all this.

now when it is mounted, It is time for upgrading the bios.. I have searched for hours to find the right bios and the right bios flash but couldnet and even when I found something I dont know how to put it all together on a "system boot dikette".. and even thoug I tried on the system, it doesnt work and i get an error message system boot failure( no idea what that is) .. so guys after 14 hours of hard working on trying to fix the problem and didnt get an inch ahead I feel like I am such useless loser.. nothing work and my head is exploading...

so guys it would be very very nice of you if you could help ..i am 3d student and this is my first computer setup ever..so could you tell were the bios and how to get them on a diskette... how to uppdate.. i am just a total beginner

looked at this site but..
http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/downloads_main.cfm?to=Motherboard

my system

Nvidia Nforce4-a939
amd 3700+
1gig ram
250gig

God bless & live n peace

Kalle

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
If you have an ECS MB (and I assume you do since you provided a link to the ECS web site) you will need a bootable DOS diskette in order to flash the BIOS.

Unless ECS has a recently updated flash program, there's no way to update BIOS from a CD or flash drive.

I

Distinguished
May 23, 2004
Step one - post a concise topic title that reflects the topic, which is specific hardware issues not whether you are hopeless.

kalles

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
If you have an ECS MB (and I assume you do since you provided a link to the ECS web site) you will need a bootable DOS diskette in order to flash the BIOS.

Unless ECS has a recently updated flash program, there's no way to update BIOS from a CD or flash drive.

my motherboard :ECS NFORCE4-A939, nForce4, Socket-939, GbLAN, ATX, SATA, Ljud, Raid, PCI-Ex16

i made an bootable system diskette and put the files on !! wohoo!

but now what ever i put in cd drive or floppy the screen is just stoping at

"verifying dmi pool data"!!

pleas help I tried and tried but the computer doesnt response to what I put into it.. NOT EVEN A XP WIN CD!!!!